Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Is NIIT Worthwile - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is NIIT Worthwile (2206 Views)

How Much Does NIIT Scholarship Award Students? / Niit's Mms Software Engineering / Website Design Course In Niit. What Hope Do I Have For A First Class Lectures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NIIT Worthwile by Obinnau(m): 7:20am On Aug 31, 2012
pls help me out i took the niit schorlarship exam at lagos later we went for interview and they said that inorder for me to study software engineering for 3 years with them i have to pay 750k. The price is pretty ridiculous to me cos i cant afford such, but the thought have been killing me since then pls i am asking u professionals if it is ok and also if its good to study there. I think nothing good comes easy so i think i have to hussle and pay for my school fees is it advisable?
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by magnumx: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2012
google books online, get a good programmer to guide you and also visit forums for learning.

a budget of 10% of 750k will even get you further , seriously
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by chigo4u: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2012
Also I want to study CISCO/CCNA with them at 135k. is it advisable and what are the prospects in Nigeria. is it better than Oracle. pls let the experienced ones put us through. thanks
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by DualCore1: 8:53am On Aug 31, 2012
No

1 Like

Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by Obinnau(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2012
ok. But pls what are my prospectives if were to go into the IT world and study software engineering
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by chigo4u: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2012
Dual Core: No
so what would you recommend for a new person that wants to venture into IT
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by DualCore1: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2012
chigo4u:
so what would you recommend for a new person that wants to venture into IT

magnumx: google books online, get a good programmer to guide you and also visit forums for learning.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by Obinnau(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dual Core:

but how do i go about the certification cos i need the certificate
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by pdone: 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
If you are looking for a certificate, then you have to look for some where that is more cheaper, but if you want to work for yourself, then study it by yourself. All you need is a good book and video. You will even learn more if you are studying by yourself.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by yamakuza: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
chigo4u: Also I want to study CISCO/CCNA with them at 135k. is it advisable and what are the prospects in Nigeria. is it better than Oracle. pls let the experienced ones put us through. thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/782981/should-enroll-part-time-degree-focus

are you based in lagos?

if not, where?

Obinnau: pls help me out i took the niit schorlarship exam at lagos later we went for interview and they said that inorder for me to study software engineering for 3 years with them i have to pay 750k. The price is pretty ridiculous to me cos i cant afford such, but the thought have been killing me since then pls i am asking u professionals if it is ok and also if its good to study there. I think nothing good comes easy so i think i have to hussle and pay for my school fees is it advisable?

are u planning to move to lagos from Enugu, or you prefer a center in the east? i'm sure there'll be options near UNN.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by werthy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
o boy no wast ur money now,almost a million on software enginerin and cisco,best advice look for a good pragrama around,let him teach u for 3 to six months on tow progrmin languages by then u would have been enlightened as to the language u prefered most..java. And c# would be beta.by ur 9th wit any of d language u would find it easy to study ccna urself,u would have ben armed wit enuf knowlegde that u cant realy gain from niit.d good news,it wont cost u more dan 200k wit d inter..exam which niit is not goin to give except u pay them seperatly aside d original amount.am an it training marketa
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by chigo4u: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2012
yamakuza:

https://www.nairaland.com/782981/should-enroll-part-time-degree-focus

are you based in lagos?

if not, where?

are u planning to move to lagos from Enugu, or you prefer a center in the east? i'm sure there'll be options near UNN.

thank you. I currently stay in PH but will be moving to Lagos later this week. Please which do you say will be better for me to get fast jobs in Nigeria while I wait for my visa later next yr. pls reply if you see cos am about paying the fees tomorrow even tho I think it's a bit costly for ccna

Thanks
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by yamakuza: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
chigo4u:
thank you. I currently stay in PH but will be moving to Lagos later this week. Please which do you say will be better for me to get fast jobs in Nigeria while I wait for my visa later next yr. pls reply if you see cos am about paying the fees tomorrow even tho I think it's a bit costly for ccna

Thanks

wait till you get to lagos and then enroll with TTC Mobile (they even have a branch in PH).

you can find a link to their website on the thread whose link i posted above.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by chigo4u: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
yamakuza:

wait till you get to lagos and then enroll with TTC Mobile (they even have a branch in PH).

you can find a link to their website on the thread whose link i posted above.

Ok, what od their citificates, doesn't it matter? I mean, the more respected certificate exactly.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2012
get their certificate only and study online

their certificate will help you but not what they will teach you....
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by soloqy: 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
If you depend on only what they teach at NIIT,you will miss it big time in the real world. Their books are so full of silly errors, its unbelievable.

You are better off studying by yourself and get books(from beginners to intermidiate to pro) and start learning. The Internet also has numerous resources.

When you have learnt enough to use it in the real world, you can now start studying for certifications(unless some company has specifically asked you for NIIT certification)

You have online resources for study materials on certifications as well.

By the way, how does one get to pay 750k after passing a test for "SCHOLARSHIP"?
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by yamakuza: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
chigo4u:
Ok, what od their citificates, doesn't it matter? I mean, the more respected certificate exactly.

no, it doesnt. what matters most is the one you get from CISCO after passing the CCNA exam.

you can write and pass the CCNA exam by reading on your own, but i recommended TTC because they will expose you to the practical aspect of everything they teach, and they'll teach you more than NIIT.

If its only CCNA you are interested in, you can get N20k training with this guy : www.jidaw.com

cheers!
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by chigo4u: 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
Thanks so much yamakuza and all, I appreciate.

Let me weigh the options. God bless for the insight.
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by Obinnau(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2012
thanks for ur contributions
Re: Is NIIT Worthwile by geekymike: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2013
yamakuza:

no, it doesnt. what matters most is the one you get from CISCO after passing the CCNA exam.

you can write and pass the CCNA exam by reading on your own, but i recommended TTC because they will expose you to the practical aspect of everything they teach, and they'll teach you more than NIIT.

If its only CCNA you are interested in, you can get N20k training with this guy : www.jidaw.com

cheers!

Good to find that you want to dive deep into the world of Cisco. I will suggest to you that you read a whole lot of books. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE ENOUGH FOR YOU. You need hands-on practical experience. Being in the world of Cisco is like teaching someone about Microsoft Office without a PC/Mac. You have to find a place where you can work on actual routers, switches, firewalls, ASA and as many as possible equipments as you can lay hands upon..
Merry New 2013
My $0.02

(1) (Reply)

Limit Download Per Ip / How To Turn Off Register_globals / 30 Free Directory Submission Sites With High PR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.