Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) (980 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / Pentecoastal Leaders Condemns Sis Linda's Prophecy "Says Contradicts God's Word" / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) by GodsWord2(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2012
To effectively grasp GOD'S Word, you need to do the following?

1.) HEARING:
this is one way to learn God's Word. Romans 10vs17 says that ''so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God''. You can listen to tapes, videos, audios, DVDs of anointed men and women of God. This method is very helpful but your knowledge should not be limited to hearing alone. Humans retain only 6%-10% of what they hear. If you limit yourself to what you hear, you might starve your spirit of the word of God.

2.) STUDYING:
this is very important. Humans retain 50% of what they study. The bible approves of studying in 2Timothy 2vs15 which says, ''study to show thyself approved unto God, a workmanship that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth''. God's Word is the source of a christian's energy just like food for our physical body.

3.) MEMORIZING:
when you memorize, you store God's Word in your mind. When you do this, your life changes subconsiously. Psalm 119vs11 says, ''thy word have i hid in my heart that i might not sin against thee''. God's word is our weapon as christians with which we can fight the devil. The word of God is life. God's word helps you to renew your mind. How much of God's Word do you have stored in your heart?

4.)MEDITATING:
this is an act of digesting God's Word. Meditation is paying attention to God's word with the intention of puting it into practise. Joshua 1vs8 says, ''this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shall meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shall make thy way prosperous, and then thou shall have good success''.

IN CONCLUSION,
Follow this four easy steps to grasp God's Word. If you have any comment/question, please ask and i'll attend to it. Thankyou for your time.
REMEMBER, GOD LOVES You!!
Re: How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) by Goshen360(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
In addition to the above, permit me to add this. There is a use of acronym "COMB" for understanding God's word also. You may find it interesting.

C - Context. Out of context study means pretext, reading into God's word to mean or say otherwise the text.

O - Other (related) Scriptures. No one scripture is of its own or private interpretation

M - Meaning of words i.e, Word Study. Takes you deeper into the revelation of the word.

B - Background. Gives you insight into the purpose or what the text intended to solve.
Re: How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) by GodsWord2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
@GOSHEN, I Really agree with you. Thankyou for the contribution. GOD BLESS You in Jesus Name. AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Unfair To Christians / Why Didn't God Corrected Adam When He Founded Flaws In Him? / Very Proud And Rude Pastor, True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.