Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Nnaji: History, Nigerians Will Judge Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji: History, Nigerians Will Judge Me (525 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: For The First Time In History, Nigerians Mark Good Friday At Fill / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnaji: History, Nigerians Will Judge Me by rhymz(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz:
Referring to the allegations of conflict of interest, he said, "I would like to reiterate that before I accepted to serve as minister, I resigned my directorship of all companies that I had interest in and put my shares in those companies in a blind trust; this means that I was not privy to the day-to-day business decisions of those who ran this trust. "In addition, I publicly declared the participation in the privatisation process of a foreign company that did business with a company that I had interest in. This fact came to my knowledge only during the course of evaluating the consortia that were bidding for PHCN successor companies. Consequently, I also voluntarily recused myself from participating in the selection process. These actions, I should think, are in line with the finest traditions of transparency and accountability in governance."
I mean with all these efforts to GEJ still had to let this man go?
When there are ministers in his cabinet whose alleged conflict of interest is way too glaring to ignore yet nothing was done to them. Nnaji was too important to this administration to be sacrificed on the alter of politics of appeasement just like that especially when there are ministers with way more evidence that are damning than this one.
Re: Nnaji: History, Nigerians Will Judge Me by rhymz(m): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2012
I just hope the FG and the other ministers know what they are doing. As for the Unions, they will get what they deserve but this privatization must go on whether they like it or not, whoever their sponsers are, we shall tell then in plain terms that Nigeria needs to move away from the ineptitude of the present handlers of PHCN.
Re: Nnaji: History, Nigerians Will Judge Me by rhymz(m): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2012
[quote author=rhymz]
Referring to the allegations of conflict of interest, he said, "I would like to reiterate that before I accepted to serve as minister, I resigned my directorship of all companies that I had interest in and put my shares in those companies in a blind trust; this means that I was not privy to the day-to-day business decisions of those who ran this trust. "In addition, I publicly declared the participation in the privatisation process of a foreign company that did business with a company that I had interest in. This fact came to my knowledge only during the course of evaluating the consortia that were bidding for PHCN successor companies. Consequently, I also voluntarily recused myself from participating in the selection process. These actions, I should think, are in line with the finest traditions of transparency and accountability in governance."
[quote] I mean with all these efforts to GEJ still had to let this man go?
When there are ministers in his cabinet whose alleged conflict of interest is way too glaring to ignore yet nothing was done to them. Nnaji was too important to this administration to be sacrificed on the alter of politics of appeasement just like that especially when there are ministers with way more evidence that are damning than this one.

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism: Jonathan To Mark Independence Within Villa / 2013 Budget Presentation / Prayers Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.