Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal (18010 Views)

Exam Cheating Methods Employed By Desperate Students. / Exam Cheating Taken To Another Level / C.K Ayo Presents At Harvard University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
Me think cheating is a thing that is in every school.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by vickers95(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
And how does that affect ....sorry,neva mind ....

1 Like

Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
12 inches!:

And all the yama yama u just wrote above here, how does it affect the price of garri in Ogun state?
I'm not a campaigner so i wouldn't know,btw asking the above question earns you a 2 days ban, enjoy your ban.

Take that time to reflect on how to improve your garri hawking business. tongue
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by duni04(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
That's what you get when you allow Nigerians into harvard grin grin grin
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by elari(m): 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
where the heck are the affected students from? . . . . Geria
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
koolkamzzy:

If you are taking a course in Accounting or taxation, where all definition and answers must come from the various accounting bodies (e.g. CICMA, SFAS, GAAP, AICPA, ACCA, IFRS, GASB, AICPA), then it’s very possible to have all the students writing same answers.
wat r u talkin abt?mtcheew.we're talkin abt undergraduate here,say 100l or 200l,u're talkin abt professional.can't u either read or write?
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
freecocoa: I'm not a campaigner so i wouldn't know,btw asking the above question earns you a 2 days ban, enjoy your ban.

Take that time to reflect on how to improve your garri hawking business. tongue

You don't have the power to ban me...keep deluding yourself.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by thelastPope(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: Before Nigerians start to high-five themselves and go 'Na so the thing be everywhere', calm yourselves oh. It hasn't degenerated to our level yet undecided

Why are you putting in so much energy to defend when no one has attacked?

Is cheating a Yoruba or Igbo word?
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by mu2sa2: 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Plagiarism is common in academic circles all over the world. D only reason this is raising eyebrows is because of the numbers involved. If it were 2,4,10 or maybe a little more students that were involved we would probably not hv heard of it. But what is d fuss about when if u copy from one person it is plagiarism, but if u copy from ten it is called research.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by freecocoa(f): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
12 inches!:

You don't have the power to ban me...keep deluding yourself.
Okay if you no dey fear just type "and how has this affected the price of garri in the market", boldly and in capital letters.

Btw no be me go ban you,na Seun.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by obirain(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2012
make una see university of benin weh them best uni for naija, na them worst pass for exam malpractice and exam runs. if you see their lectures belle you go run, big belle for slowing bribe
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nebeuwa(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
I guess Harvard will have to settle for #2 as Yale overtakes them.

To be honest I have always preferred state universities over these elite universities.

2 Likes

Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by koolkamzzy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
ebenezer4o2: wat r u talkin abt?mtcheew.we're talkin abt undergraduate here,say 100l or 200l,u're talkin abt professional.can't u either read or write?

I pardon your ignorance. FYI, undergraduate students of Accounting are expected to make reference to the various accounting bodies while responding to questions in exams. tongue
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by acidtalk: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
This one na news?
When I know people who bought cars and land writing exams for people in both Secondary (Jamd, waec, gce) and University.

This is to show that everything abnormal in other countries are 100% normal in Nigeria.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2012
smiley
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
A little Historical Background of the Ivy League school. Harvard University was founded in the 17th Century by a man named Isaac Royall with the proceeds from the sale of black slaves, and the sweat and labor of our forbears at a sugar plantation in Antigua.

I have no problem with any black attending the institution, however be aware you stepping on the blood and pain of our black relatives who worked 18 hours a day, sun up to sun down, to birth the institution. In spite of this, there is no stone, tablet, memorial to commemorate those on whose backs the institution was built.

1 Like

Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by ziccoit: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: Before Nigerians start to high-five themselves and go 'Na so the thing be everywhere', calm yourselves oh. It hasn't degenerated to our level yet undecided

1st was electoral malpractices. Now is exam cheating in the prestigious Havard University. America is gradually getting there. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by diesel86: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
These is what happens when all these foreign universities indiscriminately gives admissions to nigerians in the name of educational tourism...... LOL
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Clemzy16(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
Like it or not, cheating is an integral part of nature. So, there's no big deal about this news. It can only be reduced, but cannot be stopped.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
muffins99:

Exams test understanding of courses not ability to memorise and re-write!!!

Very true.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by NAJALYN: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Very unfortunate. Examination malpractice is becoming widespread. This is not good.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by savedbreak: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
How does dis change the price of garri in the market...!!!
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by ujukala: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
They do it even more than we do. Afterall, 'cheating' is an English word. Harvard has gone nuclear.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Koolking(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
duni04: That's what you get when you allow Nigerians into harvard grin grin grin

diesel86: These is what happens when all these foreign universities indiscriminately gives admissions to nigerians in the name of educational tourism...... LOL

Re-read the report. Dudes x-check pls. It never mentioned Nigerians as the exams cheaters. Why do we always debase Nigerians, does it means there are no virtuous Nigerians?
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by duni04(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
Koolking:

Re-read the report. Dudes x-check pls. It never mentioned Nigerians as the exams cheaters. Why do we always debase Nigerians, does it means there are no virtuous Nigerians?
lol...for where??
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by yungmullah: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Chei MAU-Lag students don invade harvard grin
Na only MAUlag student dey cheat abi.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by free2ryhme: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
Na becos you hear what about the exam cheats @ harvard wey una no dey hear.
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
OmoEziokwu:

SOURCE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19432240
Why would BBC of all media say 'dozens of students' and use 'each other' in the same sentence?
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Callimo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
afam4eva: I know a typical NIgerian will see this and go: "Why e come be news...Abi cheating and expo dey different?"

LWKM hahahahahahaah grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
all4naija: Why would BBC of all media say 'dozens of students' and use 'each other' in the same sentence?

Yes, BBC is right. There is nothing wrong with it. "each other" works for 2 or more. Another way to say it would "among or amongst themselves". I know Nigerian native speakers would say " each others", but that's wrong. What is the correct way to say it if I may ask?
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by monkel: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
cheating remains d underlyin impediment to national devpt in naija, if we can learn to cheat fewer times as these ple, nigerians ll be livin in affluence
Re: Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal by peruso: 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
DO YOU KNOW MY SINCERE FEAR..........
THAT AFTER THIS INVESTIGATION IT IS FOUND OUT THAT, IT IS THE NIGERIANS IN THE SCHOOL THAT ARE THE TOPS IN TERMS OF THIS CHEATING SAGA.

I GO CRY OOOOO............

CUZ I STILL WANT TO GO TO THAT SCHOOL.

GOD PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET IT NOT BE SO OOOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record / JAMB Budgets N100m To Prosecute 200 For Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.