Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record (18011 Views)

Lasu Law Student, Aminat Yusuf Graduates With 5.0, Breaking 40 Year Old Record / Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by nairashopping(m): 6:04am On Oct 23, 2017
A 28-year-old student, Aarinola Olaiya, is set to break a 28 years old record at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.

Ms. Olaiya is expected to graduate with distinction and emerge the 2017 overall best student from the medical school of the university, one of Nigeria’s oldest universities.

She will thus become the first person to graduate with distinction in Surgery from OAU since 1989.

The Ife University Medical Students Association, IFUMSA, disclosed the superlative feats of Ms. Olaiya via Twitter during the weekend.

“Aarinola Olaiya becomes the 1st Student in 28yrs to have a Distinction in Surgery at the Faculty of Clinical Sciences, OAU, Ife. Congrats!” tweeted OAU Medical Students Association via its handle @IfumsaOau

John Owotade, now a professor, graduated with distinction in Dentistry in 1989. It is however not immediately known if Mr. Owotade’s 1989 achievement covered the whole College of Health Sciences, like Ms. Olaiya’s in 2017.

The President of IFUMSA, Matthew Kayode,who congratulated Ms. Olaiya told PREMIUM TIMES he would check the faculty’s records on Monday.

The graduation ceremony where Ms. Olaiya is expected to be formally announced and receive her accolades is set to hold in December.

“It is about determination, dedication and grace,” Ms. Olaiya told PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday. “I am happy!”

To earn overall distinction and become best graduating student, PREMIUM TIMES gathered, as OAU College of Health Sciences released the students’ final MBChB results, that Ms. Olaiya grabbed distinctions in the following 12 courses:

Part Three First MBChB Examination.
Distinction in Medical Biochemistry
Medical Physiological Sciences.

Part Four Second MBChB Examination
Distinction in Pathology
Distinction in Pharmacology
Distinction in CLI

Part five Third MBChB Examination.
Distinction in Dermatology and Venerology
Distinction in Mental Health
Distinction in Obestrics and Gynaecology

Part Six Final MBChB Examination Result
Distinction in Surgery
Distinction in Medicine

Distinction in Community Health.

Commenting on the young woman’s feat, one of her colleagues, Anthony Ifedigbo told PREMIUM TIMES that Ms. Olaiya had set pace for others and made everyone proud.

“She did very well because it takes grace to achieve such feat in college of health sciences,” said Mr. Ifedigbo. “We are proud of her.”

Another student, simply identified as Bimpe, said: “I know Aarinola very well. Although the going was tough but she became tougher to get going. I am happy for her. Whoever knows what this record means will definitely know that this beautiful young lady must have read her eyes out. It takes hard work to achieve great success in Great Ife.

About 17 prizes and awards await Ms. Olaiya during the December convocation ceremony to be held at the university’s Amphi Theatre.

https://www.naijamatta.com/2017/10/23/oau-student-set-break-28-year-old-record/

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Evablizin(f): 6:06am On Oct 23, 2017
cheesy cheesy

Ma pretty role model,your brain is on fire.Congrats,congrats,congrats,congrats,congrats,congrats.......

26 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by oyonu(m): 6:23am On Oct 23, 2017
congratulations you made it. you are a champion and may God increase your grace for exploit

10 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Oche211(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2017
Pls ladies and gentlemen, stand up and give this genius a standing ovation. Congrat miss...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by NwaAmaikpe: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2017
shocked

How is that an achievement.

Graduating from Medicine at 28years?
Nonsense.
Enough of all these medicority

My cousin did her housemanship at 23.
And she graduated with distinction too....
No hype, no noise. Just silently challenging the norm.

15 Likes 9 Shares

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by AburoBuhari: 7:37am On Oct 23, 2017
k
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by DanielsParker(m): 7:37am On Oct 23, 2017
Been on fp Before
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Badonasty(m): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2017
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by itiswellandwell: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2017
GOOD ONE. Thanks for making us proud Omoluabi

Check my signature for Customised ATM flash drive as ideal souvenir for your clients this Xmas/new year
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by yomalex(m): 7:38am On Oct 23, 2017
alright
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by miano: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2017
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Blackhawk03(f): 7:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Igi iwe kiss kiss kiss
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by bigerboy200: 7:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Good
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2017
I want my kids to be this intelligent...and smart.

Congrats, Ms. Olaiya, you've made your parents proud. Posterity will celebrate you, too. Just continue to do better.

6 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by satowind(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2017
love gals like this not all these other kind of gals
Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by praizteven(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

What can I say when you don't even understand what's written up there. Congratulations to her she's indeed a rare gem!

46 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2017
my girlfriend

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Paschy88(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Graduating from Medicine at 28years? Nonsense. Enough of all these medicority

My cousin did her housemanship at 23. And she graduated with distinction too.... No hype, no noise. Just silently challenging the norm.
you have lost it.. Breaking a 28yrs record doesn't make her 28yrs old..

34 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Sijo01(f): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2017
Big congratulations to her.

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by mhizsuzzy(f): 7:48am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Is it that English is so difficult for u to understand or u are suffering from diplopia caused by hypoglycemia. just asking......

31 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Rmxr: 7:49am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

The people that are always applauding you for your stupidity are the ones i blame

32 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by sbashir10(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2017
Guru

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by BalardLee88(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

didn't you read the post? Try to read and understand before commenting.

14 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Daeylar(f): 7:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Lol, the first line clearly states she is 28 years old

Congrats to her, she did well.

why is this the first time in 28 years someone will graduate with a distinction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by ToluSuo(m): 7:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by MrHenshaw: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Graduating from Medicine at 28years? Nonsense. Enough of all these medicority

My cousin did her housemanship at 23. And she graduated with distinction too.... No hype, no noise. Just silently challenging the norm.

Post her awards here let's see.

11 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by verycheese: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
I wish you sense and wisdom. See how you just disgraced yourself. Olodo.

Nonsense.

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Lennylinconlee(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nonsense.

Dude is 28years old record...the post didnt the lady is 28years Old...Hahaa try to read and digest post before comment. Stop hating ..even if she is 28years... Congrat jare Beauty with Brain.

10 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by Ampo: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2017
Not easy at all, congratulations for the work well done. Great Ife

1 Like

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by chloroform: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2017
The ones asking the guy to shine his eyes to read the post are the blind ones. They didn't even the read post at all or am I the only one apart from the weird guy seeing 28 yrs old.

12 Likes

Re: OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record by thedondada(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2017
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Harvard University In Exam Cheating Scandal / UNIBEN To Refund Money Paid By Post-UTME 2016 Candidates / Mbbs In Unilag, Or Mbbs In Ui

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.