Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) (22089 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official Caught Making Call While Driving / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by KingOfNairaland: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
malc619:

It's not easy to be a Nigerian, these people are just so angry about everything thing around them.... I wonder why they've decided to transfer their aggression to one whose mentor is Madam "Fellow Widows"...

Not until you realize the rate at which you've been constituting nuisance on this thread.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by malc619(m): 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
freecocoa: No my brother, it is personification grin

Similie..... grin grin grin
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by malc619(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
KingOfNairaland: Not until you realize the rate at which you've been constituting nuisance on this thread.

Oya go report me give Seun na!!!!

As long as the word GARRI is in none of my posts I am safe......
Only Garri-centric comments attract bans... grin grin

1 Like

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by mcevans1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
Chirolechick:

u really have got no sense of humor, tis people like u that need interpretation for every joke

Huh? Is there anything wrong with wat i said? C'mon im just having fun grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by miredia(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
malc619:

It's not easy to be a Nigerian, these people are just so angry about everything thing around them.... I wonder why they've decided to transfer their aggression to one whose mentor is Madam "Fellow

u finally refuted their assumptions and proved ur eloquence henn.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Crown128(m): 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
The duo needs proper education and more importantly there should be a thorough sanitation amidst LASTMAN officers because they are dirty & sick in the head.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by wellmax(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
A great story from the mouth of a big mu.mu.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by emexwana(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
LASTMA needs to be more civilized in their operations
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by lagcity(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
lastma officials get in altercations becos thry don't hv guns. ppl only respect guns
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by obuksjr(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
malc619:

The peoples who teached you Engrish in school doesn't did a good job.
In fact your situation is hopelenessness.
And I used to SAID presido's wife isn't speaking well....
English teacher, it is I used to say not said.And when did the past tense of teach become teached?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
O soldier!!why must u insult someone for airing his views?see now u have started displaying that behaviour which made them discharge U from d army.pls behave urself before u become O nairalander.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
lagcity: lastma officials get in altercations becos thry don't hv guns. ppl only respect guns

So u mean lastma should be given guns?eh dis mumu.U will definetely be the first they will shoot!!where do some people reason fron?d anus?!goosh!

1 Like

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by santakris(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
Film trick.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by stunna2(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
I just looked up the meaning of a phrase i often see here on Nairaland:
Eko O Ni Bage

...according to this site (http://issuesetal..ca/2008/05/eko-o-ni-baje.html)

This is the new slogan for Lagos State since the emergence of the present Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola. "EKO O NI BAJE simply means
- "Lagos shall not deteriorate."
- "Lagos no go spoil"
- "Lagos will not spoil"

In other words, Lagos shall continue to be the Centre of Excellence!

Since I am a firm believer of POSITIVE affirmations, I truly really appreciate the phrase...

BUT STOP!! where do these people get their education from?? The last time i checked i was taught that POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS PHRASE MUST NECESSARILY NOT CONTAIN THE WORD "NOT" RATHER IT SHOULD CONTAIN WILL OR SHALL OR MUST OR SIMILAR WORDS...

Am i not right on this? ...because if i am, then they need to change the phrase so they dont have millions of people saying 'not' for lagos!!!!!

The whole idea of positive affirmation words or phrases is to constantly repeat what you want rather than repeat what you dont want because in the psychology of the unconscious mind the active word in a statement is what is captured and repeated and acted upon and in this case it's the word "not" that the minds of the millions of people register and act on!?!

i wait to be corrected...
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by stunna2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2012
oh, im aware some cretins here (as y'all like to call each other) will not see any connection between the topic and the issue i raised, but let those who can see the connection pls respond...as this is not a derailment affort.

in every instance of that site's interpretation of the aforementioned phrase...there is at least double negative! so, who choose the phrase Eko O Ni Baje to represent the State's slogan and why are people surprised that things are not getting better in Lagos?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by UyiIredia(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
Is that the new way of arresting harassing a traffic offender ?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by stunna2(m): 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
malc619:

Oya go report me give Seun na!!!!

As long as the word GARRI is in none of my posts I am safe......
Only Garri-centric comments attract bans... grin grin

i like the way you still mange to insert the forbidden word g a r r i in a lot of ur posts so far on this thread! ingeniouswink
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by makaveli1(m): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
Gbam tell dem o!, the driver is resisting arrest noni! ;DGbam tell dem o!, the driver is resisting arrest noni!
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by dein77(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2012
ode remo:
And I used to said presido's wife isn't speaking well..

look who is talking, mr cambridge.
Una go kill person with laff one day ooo.....U guys here have made my day. Haba!
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by JimmyBoy1: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is too ugly for Lagos, so what would an arm carrying law enforcement agent do?
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by anonimi: 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Did Fashola told them to make arrest in such manner?

Na so ei be?
If PHCN no give you electricity abi pot holes dey for federal road, just make sure sey I nor see you for NL dey blame GEJ!
You hear me so
Fashola is the [size=14pt]Chief Responsibility Officer[/size] for Lagos state matters. No shaking! No excuses!! No escape!!!
Better tell him to ensure the guy in the picture is sacked or at least suspended for some months as a lesson to others. Moreover he should ensure they receive training on code of conduct, ethics and civil behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Tinyemeka(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
O soldier:

Animal, dont you see that the driver is resisting arrest. fool

Lie. What I see is the LASTMA thug strangling the driver with the seatbelt and the driver gesticulating as if to say: "see what this man is doing to me".

If that thug falls off the bus and another car runs over him, the crooks in uniform'll promptly arrest the poor bus driver and falsely accuse him of murder. That case of the female Skye banker is still fresh in our minds.
If not for video evidences provided by bystanders, the lady would have also been falsely charged. I recall the outright lies they'd posted on their site. And no redress was accorded the lady.

Well I just know that more LASTMA thugs will continue to die on the streets of Lagos. It's plain Karma. Those who live by violence.

And I don't feel for them one bit.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by blesszzy(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dee60: Disgusting!!!!!!

This is what they want to do with their STATE POLICE!!!

Never again!
gbam!!!
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by donvinchi: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
O soldier:

Animal, dont you see that the driver is resisting arrest. fool

You are the biggest fool, the biggest illiterate, a dummy. Infact I can't qualify ur high rate of stupidity with a word. My candid advise to u is,go back to school.
Foolish animal.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Ninilowo(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
maclatunji: Some LASTMA and KAI officers are touts in uniform.
GBAM!
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Vongs(m): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
mallorca: Lagos is working
MADNESS AROUND THE CORNER
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by oderemo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
f that thug falls off the bus and another car runs over him, the crooks in uniform'll promptly arrest the poor bus driver and falsely accuse him of murder. That case of the female Skye banker is still fresh in our minds.
If not for video evidences provided by bystanders, the lady would have also been falsely charged. I recall the outright lies they'd posted on their site. And no redress was accorded the lady.
u are damn right.
point of correction tho, its stanbic,ibtc, not skye bank she work for.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by stpat1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
Of course you should know that in every para military body in Nigeria that has been mandated to enforce laws will always have bad eggs and over zealous personnel amongst them. So that's what you see there. To add to that, Lagos drivers need iron hand.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by lastpage: 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
The Danfo Driver was probably saying "if no be Govt Uniform, Oooniweere O! i be grandfather of Weere ni!" angry angry grin grin

Actually, its not just LASTMA guys only, 99% of everybody in one form of "Govt Uniform" or the other, think they are "Gawd" and can behave just as they like.

Today, l nearly ran over a VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officer) who jumped in front of my vehicle (luckily, l had cited a traffic light about 300meters ahead and my leg was already "naturally itching" for the break-pedal, so l was able to halt in-tme otherwise, "he is Suya"!

I motioned him to my window but he still stood in front of my vehicle, right in the middle of the road.
When his folks realize that they cant intimidate me further, they came to my window and l told them:

"Even if this one does not value his life, l do value his life. Can you please tell him that he does not need to ATTEMPT SUICIDE just to stop vehicle for checking. All he need do is "motion me to move to the right side of the road, using his hand, from a safe distance or from the road side".

His Boss said he needed to jump in front of "a moving vehicle" because "some drivers do not stop"
......and l responded that even if a driver refuses to stop...or if there is a 'risk of flight' by a driver, why not "Mount a camera" across the road such that it reads-off the Registration Numbers of cars (or even their complete picture...ANPR) as they pass and this can be used to "TRACE SUCH VEHICLES" from the Govt's "Auto Reg" database!

But they would have none of that! The expression on their faces and demeanor oozed "THUGS!"

After checking my "particulars", l was asked to go.... (Not before reminding me that my "OJODU-FRSC-issued authentic" Driver's license was a FAKE!.........since it was not issued by the VIO!! Is their disagreement/power-tussle" my own problem?) ....so l looked him in the eye and said 'You think this is worth dying over'?

This is what we get from the "Area-boy" Politics of Tinubu era!
I looked around and l can say that around 90% of our "Ward Chairperson's" are Danfo/NURTW Touts! Aboput 70% of our LGA Chairmen are same!

So, in a country where the 'educated and enlightened' are ruled by the "illiterate thugs and criminals"....What do you expect?

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
ode remo:
u are damn right.
point of correction tho, its stanbic,ibtc, not skye bank she work for.

K. Noted. Thanks for the correction.
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by jambogini: 5:08am On Sep 01, 2012
i
malc619:

And I used to said presido's wife isn't speaking well....

You are such a blind hypo criticising someone else while urs is the worst... Go back to school
Re: A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) by midreday: 5:53am On Sep 01, 2012
executinal:
Your father is a fool. I pity the animal that gave birth to you. Slow Cretin
Are you a muslim ?, Sorry for asking, You act and write like one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uduaghan, Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Gowon At Ogbemudia's Burial (Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye's Recall Will Start On Monday July 10 - INEC / Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.