Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? (1309 Views)

9 Painful DEATHS Ever In Soccer And Football / Maradona Now In Soccer Assylum (see Pics) / Any Juju In Soccer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mukina2: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2006
Blacks are constantly subjected to rascism in leagues all over the world.the latest being on african and fifa's 3rd player of the year samuel eto'o.if i start recalling incidents i'll go on forever. Recently fifa implemented new laws but would they work?

Tis a pity that we our brothers are being disturbed like that when we kill ourselves for european clubs.in most of these leagues the africans help immensely in their success look at arsenal's kolo,eboue ,adebayo , chelsea's drogba,essien and geremi,liverpool's djimi traore,man u's patrice evra,bolton's okocha,barca's eto,inter's martins the list goes on, most of these africans playing in these leagues are from west africa and we support this teams from rabat in morroco to cape town in south africa.

Because of these leagues our own local leagues suffer, less attention or no attention at all from soccer fans its shameful that we support these clubs in all major leagues and we are racially abused.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by Priscila(f): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2006
The thing has become so rampant and even last weekend the Racing tankers whatever fans abused E,too again!
I thought after the real Zaragoza issue things were to be different.

If we are to stop racism we will start from our own countries! Its us Africans  from the beginning we  have shown them that they are better by even shunning our own blacks in our own countries.
Go to any big Hotel if you are an African in Africa and let a white come in They treat him like a god as you wait.

We Africans we should fight it from our own place before we blame all those especially Spanians.

Even out here, there is a big difference between American African(black) and Africa African despite you have the green card.

Even filling up on a petrol station something small they are like " You from Africa"

I hate Racism to the core and I normally don't support teams with no Africans in them.

Thats why I like  Arsenal,Chelsea, Barcelona,Bolton,Intermillan, Lyon,and any team I sport an African excites me.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by Akolawole(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2006
Priscila:

Even out here, there is a big difference between American African(black) and Africa African despite you have the green card.
Even filling up on a petrol station something small they are like " You from Africa"
/quote]

Thats why i laugh when some of our people brag because they have Dual Nationality.

Proper Oyinbo people knows themselves.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2006
Racism is a disease!!!!!
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by Priscila(f): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2006
Regardless of your souped up English, green bucks ,American children and a 20 year stay you
will still be an African wherever you go and no one from alabama will believe an inch you are an American.
I think we ve got Identity problems at times as we are not proud for who we are!

Infact anyone who lands in  airport with Nigerian passport and pretends not to understand home language needs public -lashing

I ve never heard someone went to india and came back with an indian accent leave alone forgetting mother tongue!
We are enemies of our own Africa and we should just stop the outcry about racism.

Something else, Africa comes to limelight on CNN or BBC here when something outrageous has happened. May be killings or AIDS scourge or raids. Nothing good come out of Africa and Iwonder whoever does the marketing here!

how do you expect those out there to respect us if what they know is we are poor, AIDs victims, Killers and all that stuff.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by nightrider: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2006
prisc

as far as i'm concerned CNN hates Africa.

racism can only be stopped in soccer, if the supporters of the clubs are ducked 6 pionts everytime they chant.

uefa fines clubs $ 7,000 and stupid figures like that. which is nothing to the clubs.

duck 6 pionts everytime. demote stubborn clubs and you'll see the difference.

also i believe black players aren't strong. if i were a fantastic goal scorer, everytime i score i'll lift up my shirt and reveal a t-shirt that says "it's because i'm black"

black players have got to be proud and act like it. Instead they get disturbed when dumb supporters chant rubbish. They should form a union and fight back with pride and performance.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mukina2: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2006
also i believe black players aren't strong. if i were a fantastic goal scorer, everytime i score i'll lift up my shirt and reveal a t-shirt that says "it's because i'm black"

black players have got to be proud and act like it. Instead they get disturbed when dumb supporters chant rubbish. They should form a union and fight back with pride and performance.

well nightrider.what u suggested is easier said than done eto has tried dancing like a monkey when they first started on him,espanyol's keeper also did when he saved a penalty .a banana was thrown on him, sometimes even the bravest cannot cope anymore its very painful,
Priscilla is rite tho Africans treat white people as gods whilst we cry down our own brothers.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by nightrider: 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2006
he danced like a monkey which is stupid. what did the espanyol keeper, that carlos kameni i think. what did he do?
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mukina2: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2006
think he did the same tho, ;
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by nightrider: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2006
see, which is so daft. fight back with pride not with stupid antics like monkey dancing
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mukina2: 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2006
nightrider:

see, which is so daft. fight back with pride not with stupid antics like monkey dancing

i agree wit u
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by Priscila(f): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2006
I ever wonder how Etoo and other Africans survive in Spain cos its not bad in other countries like is in Spain.
Just land in airport and they all become suspicious of your moves.
Despite being confronted with sniff dogs and the latest technology equipment to examine you no one is satisfied you are there on a good mission.

Africa players make their own teams proud yet they are abused and humiliated.

They are very unfair to us. But we are the problem ourselves.
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mukina2: 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2006
well priscila as long as we do not love ourselves the whit man will never respect us lipsrsealed
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by babaragold(f): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2006
hi mokina, i agree with u 100%
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by mochafella(m): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2006
I actually think it's virtually impossible to get rid of. As long as the society in general is racist so will the soccer fans. You can deduct six points and drive the chants underground but it probably will not change the fan.
Besides disparaging fans of opposing teams is common place in soccer stadiums, afterall I doubt you will have a match involving Liverpool and "scouser" will not be mentioned by opposition fans or Dundee fc and "coagie". I bet the Arsenal and Chelsea fans have several for each other. Same with Newcastle and ManU
Its societal prejudices coming to the surface. Keeping it out of the stadiums is possible, but what do you do about the other derogatory terms?
Re: Can Racism Be Stopped In Soccer? by nightrider: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2006
call the player a crap player, call him whatever you want, but don't let it be racist.

teams have to be severly punished, when they are punished it will do agreat deal to end racist chants on soccer pitches

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Bartholemew Ogbeche? / France Has Been Confirmed As Host For 2016 Euro Cup. / 'chelsea Will Lose' - What TB Joshua Did And Did Not Say About Tonight's Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.