Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (54087 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2012
Emmysteve: i guess no one is interested. *sad*

Wait and see
Sad man
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Opomaintain: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2012
If na deir boyfriend balls,dem go sabi control am enta post(d rite place) but nau na Real football,dem dey Bleep up.And dis ball na one compared 2 deir Bf two.Anyway,dem stil try sha.GOODLUCK 2 all Nigerians,just ve PATIENCE.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by chidexy(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2012
Thanks girls. We are proud of what you have done. Didn't work out this time. You are our heroines
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by elampiro(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2012
The team tried considering USA is a force in women soccer. The change of tactics didn't help matters. the coach went for a slow game, possession and short passes football, it allowed the Americans to reorganised quickly. In the second half, the coach should have changed to the old pattern which allows the girls to run, play long passes, long balls into the opponent's area. In that way, Nigeria should have created more chances and possibly force the Americans to commits errors around their eighteen. The substitution of the jersey number 5 girl appeared to be a costly mistake. She was evidently the one soaking the pressure, when she left, we lost the midfield and the second goal was conceded.
Better luck next time.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 04, 2012
toluxe0075: 2-0 nigeria is out
dm go play for 3rd position Lol
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2012
elampiro: The team tried considering USA is a force in women soccer. The change of tactics didn't help matters. the coach went for a slow game, possession and short passes football, it allowed the Americans to reorganised quickly. In the second half, the coach should have changed to the old pattern which allows the girl to run, play long passes, long balls into the opponent's area. In that way, Nigeria should have created more chances and possibly force the Americans to commits errors around their eighteen. The substitution of the number 5 girl appeared to be a costly mistake. She was evidently the one soaking the pressure, when she left, we lost the midfield and the second goal was conceded.
Better luck next time.

Very good analysis
The game we played was totally different from what we played against Mex.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2012
30mins to the kick off

Sit back relax as I bring you updates
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by ssjalo(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2012
i think this ladies deserve kudus...
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2012
The girls deserve kudos
The coach deserve knock for changing tactics .
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Gonzaga1010(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2012
Wow! 2 bad 4 den nw
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The girls deserve kudos
The coach deserve knock for changing tactics .

NFF should retain this man to continue his work, he's having the world cup experience now and he has learnt his mistake and i guess he can move further by 2014 if they retain him.. He's a good coach and he need to reaccess his mistake and go for some courses.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2012
So fast........

Germany 1.
Japan 0
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2012
First defence mistake result to score for germany....

I think japan will be good for us in third place
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2012
Nice play Japan

This game will be interesting.....
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:41am On Sep 04, 2012
Nice play

Let the home team settle down.........

Nigerian team are watching patiently at the vip corner I hope they are learning.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Nice play Japan

This game will be interesting.....

Haha so fast..
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2012
Germany 2
Japan 0

Meeeeeeen 2 goals in less than 15mins
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by 1forall: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2012
I personally thought they gave the US team a bit too much respect in their approach to the game today and allowed the US to 'shakara' them early on.

That said, the girls need to work to improve on their stamina. In each of the last 4 games they played it became obvious they got tired from around the 65-70th minute leading to a loss of concentration and careless play. The coach by now should know that and do something about it although I suppose it's why most substitutions were made during the last 20 mins.

They would also do well to learn/improve on their technical discipline, while Nigeria had more talented players and played better football today, the US was more solid and technically disciplined and it showed.

Overall, there's nothing to be ashamed of losing to the USA in a female world cup semi-final, the girls did their country proud and should benefit from the exposure and experience. Let's just hope it tranlates to a better future performance next time out.

Kudos girls!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:47am On Sep 04, 2012
lekzy01:

Haha so fast..

The germans are not taking it easy atall

Well they will learn their lessons from the americans

Germany 2. Japan 0
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2012
Germany 3

Japan 0
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 11:55am On Sep 04, 2012
1forall: I personally thought they gave the US team a bit too much respect in their approach to the game today and allowed the US to 'shakara' them early on.

That said, the girls need to work to improve on their stamina. In each of the last 4 games they played it became obvious they got tired from around the 65-70th minute leading to a loss of concentration and careless play. The coach by now should know that and do something about it although I suppose it's why most substitutions were made during the last 20 mins.

They would also do well to learn/improve on their technical discipline, while Nigeria had more talented players and played better football today, the US was more solid and technically disciplined and it showed.

Overall, there's nothing to be ashamed of losing to the USA in a female world cup semi-final, the girls did their country proud and should benefit from the exposure and experience. Let's just hope it tranlates to a better future performance next time out.

Kudos girls!

They didn't respect at all..they are technical okay than us, faster to ball than us, and think fast on how to use ball than us while we were skillful than them,hold than them and we changed our previous partern with them which caused the loss
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2012
Interesting

What a missssss

Keep trying Japan
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by Emmysteve(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2012
Certainly this cup belong to Germany. Back to Back. It would have been interesting to watch Nigeria vs Germany in the final again after two years
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

The germans are not taking it easy atall

Well they will learn their lessons from the americans

Germany 2. Japan 0
r

They will disgrace d americans. And I will tell u the reason y the germans are performing best in dis tourney and the reason y they will lift the trophy
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
Nigerians here support Japan coz they will be weaker opponent for us
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
I will go for the german cos i knw they have it takes to lift the trophy..Bleep American
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
I will go for the german cos i knw they have what it takes to lift the trophy..Bleep America
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2012
Well Germany vs USA

Fight between 2 elephants
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Nigerians here support Japan coz they will be weaker opponent for us

Hen hen?, are they not playing better than us?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
Massive home support

Something is amiss

The better team is winning

I hope Nigeria will take advantage the way the germans do
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2012
lekzy01:

Hen hen?, are they not playing better than us?

They are not.... For real
Re: Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time by lekzy01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

They are not.... For real

So we have to take the chance then,,so which team is possessing most now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Messi Finishes Copa America With Red Card After Furious Medel Clash / I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho / 5 Things About Muhammad Ali You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.