Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,829 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigerians Who Compare Themself To Ghanaians. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Who Compare Themself To Ghanaians. (711 Views)

7 Nigerians Who Were Pioneers In Their Area / The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Compare Themself To Ghanaians. by Anonym2953: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2012
I`ve met many Nigerian people in my life in many cities of the world. I was surprised when several Nigerians told me they were Ghanaians, althougt in most cases their accent gave away their nationality quickly. It could be a bit confusing anyway. Later on of them them admitted: "I am actually Nigerian, but you, Ghanaian have better reputation abroad than us, Nigerians." Interesting. In my humble opinion Nigerians shouldn`t be ashamed of their ethnic origin/nationality at all.
I live in London, Great Britian. Here both Nigerians and Ghanaians are represented in big numbers. I met actually a lot of Nigerians who are polite and educated, while lot of Ghanaians. Well, with all due respect to Kofi Annan and the Ghanaian soldiers in th UN peacekeeping missions...unfurtunately I saw here quiet a lot of Ghanaians who were rude and uneducated. I know, all generalizations are unnecessary, maybe I just met some uneducated Ghanaians, maybe most of them are not like that.
The question remains: What Nigerian people think about Ghanaians?
Re: Nigerians Who Compare Themself To Ghanaians. by Ndata(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2012
Op what your nationality?And why would all the Nigerians you've met in your life claim Ghanians?Do you mean that good reputation is exclusive preserve of Ghanians?What about other African countries?I know you are a Ghanaman trying hard to bring up(rivalry) you people are best known for.
Re: Nigerians Who Compare Themself To Ghanaians. by ifyalways(f): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2012
You should have just gone straight to your question rather than the long boring epistle.

I think ghanaians make good fufu but horrible soup.
Nigerians on the other hand, make bad fufu but super sweet and nutritious soups.

And oh, I'm a citizen of both countries.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians/africans Look Down On Younger People. / Taboo Rituals Still In Existence / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.