Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus (594 Views)

Christians Vs Atheists / Doesn’t Carbon-14 Dating Disprove The Bible? / Christians Vs Soldiers In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2012
christianity has one foundation which is the death and resurrection of jesus.if this inciident truly happened,it goes without doubt that the god jesus preached is indeed all-powerful and that the teachings of christianity should be followed by all.its therefore not a suprise that one of the most hotly debated topics in the world today is about the existence or otherwise of a man named jesus also called the christ,who was conceived a virgin and died on the cross of calvary bearing all our sins upon himself.

a group of people believe jesus never existed.they cite various reasons including his absence from historical accounts.they claim the first words about him were written more that 70years after he supposedly died.however,they conveniently forget that nothing was written about alexander till almost 300years after he died but we accept those accounts as fact.

another group say jesus did exist.but he was just a member of the pharisee.they say he was a popular preacher but that he doesnt come close to the divine being potrayed in the gospels.

these arguments have kept on even here on nairaland and i think it would be a good idea for christians and atheists/agnostics to give PROVEN facts for their belief or otherwise in the existence of jesus.i must state that the bible wouldnt be the best point of reference
Re: Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2012
Ha ha! Another fantastic topic to debate on. I will be back to prove that Jesus is imaginary.
Re: Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus by wiegraf: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
There is no surviving text by his (alexander) contemporaries, but there are many based on those. Texts from other cultures, including asian as well. Archaeological evidence a plenty. Corroboration from many sources.

Anyways I'm no expert, I'm curious as to why jesus' resurrection is regarded as the cornerstone of christianity. I've seen it mentioned before, I don't get it. Could you tell me why?
Re: Christians Vs Atheists,prove/disprove The Existence Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
wiegraf: There is no surviving text by his (alexander) contemporaries, but there are many based on those. Texts from other cultures, including asian as well. Archaeological evidence a plenty. Corroboration from many sources.

Anyways I'm no expert, I'm curious as to why jesus' resurrection is regarded as the cornerstone of christianity. I've seen it mentioned before, I don't get it. Could you tell me why?
christianity is the belief that jesus is the son of god and he came to the earth as the "second adam" to cleanse away the sins brought into the world by the "first adam".he died and ressurected and that became the basis for a new religion.if his existence can be disproven,then chritianity would have been exposed to be just a sham put together by constantine,eusebius and others

(1) (Reply)

A Surgeon Proves the existence of hell - NDE / Theism Or Atheism Which Is Better? / Wake Up! The Past Is Gone, A New Beginning Has Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.