Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Is Wrong With BMW - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Wrong With BMW (4580 Views)

Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / My Car Exaust Smokes White Only On Cold Start Up. What Is Wrong? / What Exactly Is Wrong With 2001 - 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Models (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With BMW by felifeli: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
I often notice people say BMW is not good, no 2nd value etc. Why is this ?
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by omotoda(m): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
YEs BMW does not hv a second hand value because nigerians price it ridiculously.I presently put up my BMW 318 for salew and u need to see the ridiculous offers I was getting.ITs just ignorance anyway cos BMW is one of the strongest and most reliable cars .BUt trust nigerians once its not TOyota or honda then it is no car while there are thousand of better brands at cheaper price.they keep telling you about reliability and I tell them what you give is what u get.- used my bmw for 5years and till date it has given me no issues asides from normal chnaging of regular stuff-ball joint, linkage etc.ALthough u need to get a good mechanic because an average mechanic cannot fix ur bmw.even to fix the fan belt they will get lost.BUt what I tell people is this if you are investing in a car, let's even say a brand like volvo from 2002 upwards, why would u not scan your car for just 5k and know the real problem instead of just giving it to the road side butchers.BUt I tell u nigerians are missing BMW is a wonderful car, in fact it is a machine.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by tampa1871: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2012
BMW and MERCEDES are no ordinary cars, they are not in the league of TOYOTAS and HONDAS, you are driving an experience once behind the wheel. That's why BMW is called "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE". It's an insult and ignorance to compare Toyota with both cars.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
tampa1871: BMW and MERCEDES are no ordinary cars, they are not in the league of TOYOTAS and HONDAS, you are driving an experience once behind the wheel. That's why BMW is called "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE". It's an insult and ignorance to compare Toyota with both cars.

For this statement of yours, you're my brother from another mother. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by MOBBDEEP: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2012
tampa1871: BMW and MERCEDES are no ordinary cars, they are not in the league of TOYOTAS and HONDAS, you are driving an experience once behind the wheel. That's why BMW is called "THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE". It's an insult and ignorance to compare Toyota with both cars.

Siena:

Agreed sirs.
But why do they now rank so low & very poor on reliability index especially Daim MB?
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by bobbymore: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
BMW is one of the most reliable cars of all time. I bought my first car a BMW 3 series 1987 model. Many people discouraged me, but, I used the car for 5 years. The fuel economy of that old brand was excellent. Infact, I had to sow the car as a seed in my church because I was tired of it. The only problem with BMW cars are the mechanics. We dont have sound mechanics that can tackle engine problems. That why once the engine develops a problem, you only need to buy a new engine. After my BMW, I got a C-class benz. It made me miss the old BMW 3 series. I sold the C-class benz, then got a 190 benz. now, i am back to the 5 series Coja. I have used the Coja and I can use it for another 10years, but, I want to sell it for an X5 jeep. BMW is a disease, once your hooked on it, its difficult to let go. I love the BMW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by tampa1871: 12:07am On Sep 03, 2012
Siena:

Thank you very much Mr. Siena, I am one of your admirer and desciple, keep up your good work.
Thanks
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 03, 2012
Well, what is wrong with BMW is that they have now become an appliance like the Toyotas and Nissans.

My 1998 740iL , while still a BMW in all sense of purpose, does not invoke that Man and Machine feelings I got from my 1969, 1970, 1973, 1974 and 1976 BMW 2002 as well as my 1973, 1974 and 1976 BMW Bavarias. It has been argued by aficionados and other autoists that the BMW 2002 was the last BMW made by Engineers. The rest were from Accountants.

Specifically as it involves Nigeria. The doom that befalls technological cars like BMW and Mercedes are the lack of support from the factory for both service which includes proper training of independent shops as well as parts.

For you Guys driving the newer modern German sleds I respect una. For me my ultimate Nigeria machine will be a series 110 Landrover.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2012
bobbymore: BMW is a disease, once your hooked on it, its difficult to let go. I love the BMW.

I tell you once you go BMW you can never go back. Unless you're a m_o_r_o_n.

Treat the machine well and it'll reward you.

BMW Owner - E46 325XI '02
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 05, 2012
micha3l:

I tell you once you go BMW you can never go back. Unless you're a m_o_r_o_n.

Treat the machine well and it'll reward you.

BMW Owner - E46 325XI '02

I wouldn't go as far as that.

A real Autoist appreciates all marques.

I have Mercedes and BMW in the stable right now and I am not a slowpoke, of that I assure you.
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2012
anyway i'm sure you get my point
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by rocka: 3:25am On Sep 06, 2012
BMWs are too expensive in the US. If what you guys are saying is true, one might think of importing from Nigeria then. grin
Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
Are there any experts in the house who can tell of how the fuel economy of the BMW fares with a Toyota generally? And how negligible are the differences? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With BMW by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
fresh_dude: Are there any experts in the house who can tell of how the fuel economy of the BMW fares with a Toyota generally? And how negligible are the differences? Thanks.

Even though you said generally, this is still a tall order. MPG, or KPG as it is, will vary on a lot of things, including driving style, maintenance, weight, etc

Both brands have specific vehicles tailored towards efficience, for example a Toyota Yaris is a sipper of gas while a Land Cruiser is not. A 325i is also a sipper but a 750Li is not.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Things To Check When Buying A Nigerian Used Car? / Is Mileage Of 156,000 Miles Too High For A 1999 (ie 14-Year-Old) Car? / Advice On My Kia Cerato

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.