Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! (1991 Views)

Saraki Welcomed In Ilorin Amid Fun Fare ;D (pictures!!!) / How President Buhari Was Welcomed In Washington DC / Chxta On How Buhari Was Welcomed In Saudi Arabia (See Tweets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by Afam(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2008
Big B1:

This is a great idea.
In fact, after 4 years I think another reliable person needs to be given a chance.
It is not an honorary position; it's time to move on and witness what another Nigerian is capable of doing.

The hypocrisy of BigB1 is stinking.

He believes after 4 years Ribadu should give chance for another reliable person.

This same BigB1 believes that IBB should be given another chance to rule Nigeria and this should allow IBB make amends and apologize to Nigerians.

Who is fooling who here?
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2008
That was a total different ball game.

In fact, If Ribadu wants to come back, I will give him the chance with no hesitation.
I believe in second chance and I believe that there is no way one could fail the same exam twice; unless your name is OBJ!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2008
Afam:
what's up with the curved ball?
Wetin i do you sef?
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by linuxuser(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2008
No, the ware must be fought "Perfectly" for it to exist in their minds.[color=#990000][/color] by @ Iyke-D

My Beloved friend,  There is no perfection in the action, judgement or wisdom of any man.  Perfection only belongs to God.  I am highly convinced that only God and God alone can do a perfect job.  Please let us ask ourselves these simple questions in our own private life.

Are you perfect?
Do you take decision(s) perfectly?
Do you reason perfectly?
Even in our comments on this Nairaland, do any us address issues with perfection?
Are any of our writings borne out of sentiment, sympathy for or against corruption;  perfect?
In  your home/work do you do things with perfection?
Can your wife/chidlren/mother/father/colleagues at school/street attest to the fact that you are Honest, faithfull, and sincere?
If you happened to be a Police Officer in this our beloeved country, would you have taken bribe? for whatsoever reason?
If you are put in a position of authroty to manage an affair, would you be fair to all?  Would you treat all equally without any malice or sympathy?

We ask Ribadu to do his work with perfection.  That is brilliant but do you do your own work whereever you are and whatsoever you are doing with perfection.  Before we condemn Ribadu or praise him, can we all say that in all that we do, we are guided with "Pure conscience and absolute respect for the Truth and nothing but the truth or are we guided by the dictates of a sponsor by what he tend to gain or loose if "A or B" is at the corridor of power?  Please let us all remember once again that only GOD IS PERFECT and only GOD can make a perfect judgement and this can never be ascribed to any of us either we embrace ribadu or not.  Ribadu in his imperfection did his best for Nigeria.  Either we like it or not, the records are there to judge him.  But can you or I risk our lives as this man did?  IBB, Atiku, OBJ, Umar served Nigeria and the record is there to judge them of what they did. All that we can see is nothing but Corruption and embezzlement of the money that belong to you and me.   Ribadu in his imperfection is better than all of them put together.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by Afam(m): 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
Big B1:

Afam:
what's up with the curved ball?
Wetin i do you sef?

BigB1,

You no do me anything but you must remember that sometimes your positions actually try to make us stupid and I believe it makes perfect sense to tell you that you are not addressing stupid people.

You are ready to crucify people yet hold IBB in high esteem in spite of what he did to Nigeria and Nigerians in terms of corruption.

Condemning what needs to be condemned and praising what needs to be praised is the best way to go my man.

Stand up and be counted.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by princekay1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2008
RIBADU IS A FOOL!
He has dined with the devil (OBJ), so let him go. We need change; we dont want selective anti-corruption campaign, we dont want witch-haunting of oppositions. We want true anti-corruption, which can only be achieved when the police is decentralized.
good day!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2008
RIBADU IS A FOOL!
He has dined with the devil (OBJ), so let him go. We need change; we don't want selective anti-corruption campaign, we don't want witch-haunting of oppositions. We want true anti-corruption, which can only be achieved when the police is decentralized.
good day!

Onitsha boys club (McKren, IYKE-D & Debosky), I hope you got the message.

No disrespect, Nigerians just want things to be done correctly!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2008
I heard McKren is depressed!

I hope he recovers quickly.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by shinystar(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2008
My view is in tandem with that of Big 1B. I believe Ribadu was just a prawn in the hands of OBJ. Otherwise why did we not know about the petition against Iyabo until few weeks ago? Yet, it was received in October 2007.

Let us face the truth: Ribadu was fighting OBJ'S enemies, many of whom, i ADMIT, WERE CORRUPT anyway. Obj only exposed them after having a fill with them.

If Ribadu is a good leader, why is he reluctant to leave EFCC? Why not build others to continue his good works, knowing he won't live forever?

Why has not not probed Bode George despite the convincing evidences against him? Why not Akala who is known to be tilling with the state treasury with Adedibu? Why not Oyinlola who has stolen Osun dry? Friends, let us face it Ribadu's EFCC fought corruption selectively.

I believe Yar' Adua is right with his due process campaign for fighting corruption. Don't fight a thief in such a way that hundreds of others will go undetected. Install a system that will arrest all and keep them out of goverance. It may be longer but it is better for Nigeria.

Ribadu should go. Only then can we be sure the anti-corruption war is genuine, if it is sustained.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by debosky(m): 6:37am On Jan 05, 2008
I'm glad at least Afam and Iyke-D have realised the bastion of deception and falsehood that BigB is

@ linuxuser preach that to BigB he hold perfection should be the rule, but see him rejoicing at Ribadu's removal - no call for 'due process' to be followed in removing him! what two faced hypocrisy!

BigB1 I will NOT apologise! I have stated my candid opinions, the gloves are off my friend. I will not for one second continue to act like rapacious thief supporters like yourself are speaking in our interest, you desire only to protect/laundry the image of your thieving idol IBB nothing more.

Your views are skewed and completely duplicitous, anyone reading your posts now may be deceived, but it wont last long, just like your boss IBB - you'll be found out in the end.

Were Ibori, Fayose, Tafa, Alams, Chimaroke, dariye and others Obj's enemies?

were the bankers from Brazil and Singapore who got their cash repatriated from 419 business Obj's friends?

Bode George is under probe, the case is not completed? Who presently do you know who will perform better than Ribadu under the strenuous circumstances?? No one is saying he is perfect, but the level of international recognition we have for fighting corruption is due in no small part due to this man. He has his flaws no doubt, but if the government feels he is inadequate - LET THEM COME OUT AND SAY IT

WHY ALL THE TRICKS, DENIALS AND BACKROOM DEALINGS? Who do we think we are fooling? Everyone can see through this charade - this is not about Ribadu in himself, it is about trying to decapitate a functioning organisation and hinder it to pander to corrupt politicians and their lackeys like BigB.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by princekay1(m): 6:55am On Jan 05, 2008
SHINYSTAR,

you made a good point. Ribadu surely acted under instruction of the OLIGARCHY sucking the 'giant of Africa'.

it is only a matter of time, nemesis will catch up with all of them; including Ribadu who probed Atiku while still in office as a sitting VP! Disgusting one would say.

we need to strenghten other bodies too,, ICPC, NDLEA, etc so that they can as well check the excesses of EFCC.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by princekay1(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2008
SHINYSTAR,

you made a good point. Ribadu surely acted under instruction of the OLIGARCHY sucking the 'giant of Africa'.

it is only a matter of time, nemesis will catch up with all of them; including Ribadu who probed Atiku while still in office as a sitting VP! Disgusting one would say.

we need to strenghten other bodies too,, ICPC, NDLEA, etc so that they can as well check the excesses of EFCC.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by linuxuser(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2008
Ribadu in Aso Rock, Meets with President
• EFCC Officers meet with Okiro Monday
From Juliana Taiwo in Abuja, 01.05.2008

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Contrary to media reports (not THISDAY) that the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commis-sion, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has been barred from entering the presidential villa, the head of the anti-corruption agency was yesterday in Aso Rock for an undisclosed meeting with President Umaru Yar’Adua and other officials at the villa.
There were speculations this week that the EFCC chairman had been stopped from visiting the villa or having direct access to the president in the last few days as a result of the fallout from his nomination to proceed on study leave at the National Institute for policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru.
But Ribadu who arrived the villa at about 12.13 p.m. yesterday adorned in white babanriga with a cap to match and clutching a file in his hand, looked his normal self as he walked down the long corridor to the president’s office.
Although he refused to comment on his mission before he went into the president’s office, Ribadu, beaming with smiles took time shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries with the members of the State House press corps.
His meeting with President Yar’Adua was held behind closed doors and lasted for over an hour with Vice President Goodluck Jonathan, the Chief of Staff to the President, Major-Gen. Abd-ullahi Mohammed and some top government functionaries in attendance.
When he emerged from the meeting, he refused to field questions from State House correspondents, saying the outcome of the meeting was not what he would want to talk about.
Ribadu declined to comment on whether he was comfortable with the raging controversy over the decision to send him on a course.
On whether he thought the entire thing would die down following the latest meeting with Yar’Adua, he replied: “Insha Allah.”
In a related development, the meeting between the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro and the 395 police officers seconded to EFCC has now been rescheduled for Monday, January 7.
The meeting earlier scheduled for Thursday could not hold because of the failure of the officers, including Assistant Commissioner of Police and EFCC’s Director of Operations, Ibrahim Lamorde, to turn up at the force headquarters in Abuja.
Okiro and his management team comprising mainly Deputy Inspectors General of Police (DIG’s) who had assembled for the meeting were forced to rise when it dawned on them that none of the policemen were coming for the meeting.
The development led to an emergency meeting of top police hierarchy in the IG’s office during which many of the senior police officers were reported to have recommended sanctions against the recalcitrant officers.
But Okiro was said to have rejected the recommendation. The source said Okiro subsequently directed that the officers be communicated to in writing and shifted the meeting to Monday, January 7.
“Officers seconded to the EFCC have now been formally invited to attend the same meeting now shifted to Monday January 7. The initial invitation was done verbally,” the source said.
Ever since, the IG announced Ribadu’s nomination to proceed on the nine months course at NIPSS, the issue has drawn widespread criticism and even been politicised for what should have been seen as a routine posting.
In a bid to douse further speculations on the issue, EFCC through its spokesman, Osita Nwaja, Thursday issued a statement dismissing claims that a conflict had arisen between the president and its chairman over the NIPSS course.
The commission maintained that the government can send any public officer on training to enhance his or her performance and continued service to the nation.
EFCC expressed regrets that the nomination for Ribadu to proceed on the course had resulted in blackmail and calumny by many of those who disagree with the commission.
This group, EFCC alleged, has routinely planted stories in the media and created the impression that they are sponsored by the agency’s chairman, in an attempt to discredit the authorities, especially the president.
EFCC absolved the president from interfering with its work and investigations, stating he has always supported the commission’s resolve to bring to book, all those who have committed any of the crimes identified under the EFCC Establishment Act 2004.
It insisted Ribadu has no problem with the decision of the president on the recommendation of the IG to post him to NIPSS. “Any story that suggests otherwise is only meant to cast him in a bad light of unnecessary antagonism against the government and the police high command, and should be discontinued,” EFCC cautioned.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=99612

BigB1, Have you read this?
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by linuxuser(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2008
How many of us would have done a better job than Ribadu under the circusmtances Ribadu was working?. Please let you answer(s) be guided by your "respect for the TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. Remember conscience? In Ribadu's imperfection, he did not embezzle and Loot our Treasury like IBB, Atiku, IBORI and the rest of them. That makes Ribadu stand out.

In your present place of work/society, can anyone around you vouch for your integrity? If you have the opportunity to cleverly defraud Nigeria or your neighbour, would you fall to the temptation/evil. Would you fall for anything as long as it enriches you even fraudulently. Remember to be under the guidiance of Truth and Conscience in your answer. As I asked you, I also asked myself the same question.

God Bless Nigeria. God Bless Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by IykeD1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2008
Nairaland Hypocrite of The Year:

This is what he advocates:

IBB is a great leader and deserves a second chance, but Ribadu is not
fighting the anti-corruption war perfectly and so must be removed!

One stole the nation blind and killed many Nigerians. The other is simply
fighting to repatriate the nation's stolen wealth in an "imperfect" way.

What intelligence? Don't worry,we know who you are.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by McKren(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2008
Iyke-D:

Nairaland Hypocrite of The Year:

This is what he advocates:

IBB is a great leader and deserves a second chance, but Ribadu is not
fighting the anti-corruption war perfectly and so must be removed!

One stole the nation blind and killed many Nigerians. The other is simply
fighting to repatriate the nation's stolen wealth in an "imperfect" way.

What intelligence? Don't worry,we know who you are.

The height of his hypocrisy for me is: No need for the current fight against corruption, no need to arrest people, charge them to court and recover stolen asset. Reason being that too many are too corrupt for too long.
However when asked how he will prefer to tackle corruption he will suggest people are taken to their home town and shut dead.

Well I leave you to figure out reasons for such divergent views.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
Iyke-D
A typical Nigerian mind.
The short cuts you folks continue to worship is risky and a quick way to destroy a nation.
Ribadu knows his mistakes and I'm sure that he kicks himself every minute.

The end result of any selective justice is always destructive and we should thank God that Ribadu was only sent to school and nothing worst happened to him.
Only retarded and uncivilized folks will worship selective justice, the same justice that continue to divide people in united states today.

A smart man will promote doing things the right way.
For your information,
1. Selective justice is very compatible with corruption; but the dead heads are too dull to see this fact.
2. Selective justice doesn't promote democracy in any way and will only compromise the human rights of the citizens; of course the dead heads are damn to dull to see it this way.
3. Selective justice will never never solve corruption problems in Nigeria and will only empower and protect certain group of people while they continue to milk the nation as they desire. No, Iyke-D doesn't see it this way.

Are you telling me that Nigerians are not smart enough to put a fair, reliable, sincere and loyal institution together to effectively and efficiently rectify corruption in Nigeria?
What a bunch of jokers!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2008
You guys can go ahead and call me names as usual, but the facts are out there for all to see.

I can assure you that Ribadu will never never again come close to power in this life time.

Mark it down!

So, you guys (alarmist) can feel free to cry and whine as usual; it is a done deal.
I'm confident and excited to say "Nigerians will finally witness a sincere war against corruption by real professionals (real men) who understand the constitution of Nigeria, who have respect for the citizens of Nigeria, who do not have side agenda, who understand group concept and who are truly patriotic to Nigeria as a nation.

To hell with the one man show home-based business.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by McKren(m): 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2008
He has not been sacked as EFCC Boss yet
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by Mamajama(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2008
Chairman of the Economics and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu was at the Presidential Villa, Abuja to hold meeting with President Umaru Musa Yar 'Adua

Ribadu, yesterday wore a white 'babanriga', with a black cap to match. He made for the President's office around noon, clutching a brown file jacket.

He was all smiles, acknowledging greetings from journalists and the Villa personnel.

grin grin grin grin

@BIGB! was IBB at the gate denying RIBADU entry?   grin shocked
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by Mamajama(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2008
RIBADU too much for IBB and BIGB1

Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2008
He has not been sacked as EFCC Boss yet

You think so?

Wake up; even Ribadu understands that he buried himself and the party is over!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2008
MAMAJAMA:
That looks like Ehindero's Backyard in Ondo.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by IykeD1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2008
BigB1,

Do you have your own news cycle? Virtually all the Anti-Ribadu threads you have started
recently appears premature in their conclusions. You may want to slow down and stop
confusing your wishes for reality. smiley
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by princekay1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2008
How many of us would have done a better job than Ribadu under the circusmtances Ribadu was working?. Please let you answer(s) be guided by your "respect for the TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. Remember conscience? In Ribadu's imperfection, he did not embezzle and Loot our Treasury like IBB, Atiku, IBORI and the rest of them. That makes Ribadu stand out.

In your present place of work/society, can anyone around you vouch for your integrity? If you have the opportunity to cleverly defraud Nigeria or your neighbour, would you fall to the temptation/evil. Would you fall for anything as long as it enriches you even fraudulently. Remember to be under the guidiance of Truth and Conscience in your answer. As I asked you, I also asked myself the same question.

God Bless Nigeria. God Bless Ribadu.

If you want to know that Ribadu is corrupt, tell him to declare his asset. Except u dont know, EFCC boys are making cool money! I overheared a neighbour telling his wife that he's ready to bribe with 40,000 just to get confirmed as an EFCC official. We dont need to deceive ourselves, Ribadu is as corrupt as anybody.
If truly Ribadu is a leader, he should have moulded his successor; let him go, No third term in EFCC!
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by BigB11(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2008
Truth will come out soon.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by candies(f): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2008
I wonder whose toes this guy stepped on. cry
He's left a good legacy and I think he's still one of the greatest Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by dayokanu(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2008
My opinion is the EFCC is an organisation bigger than any Man. What happens if he(Ribadu) should die today so the whole country should go prostrate. Even if Ribadu is a saint is he the only one we have in 140million peeps.

During the last regime he showed himself as OBJ,s errand boy who couldnt touch OBJ's loyalists. If we want to prosecute Iyabo Obasanjo, OBJ e.tc they should remove Ribadu who has shown himself to be a biased arbiter.

Most of those technocrats used by the last regime got themselves too involved in Politics same with Akunyili No wonder the senile Adedibu can insult her blatantly.

Now that OBJ is going down, Its only logical that his cohorts go down with him.

I would be so glad if they can put Col Abubakar Umar as the new head of EFCC.
Re: Ribadu Is No Longer Welcomed In Aso Rock (confirmed)! by IykeD1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2008

Now that OBJ is going down, Its only logical that his cohorts go down with him.

Wake up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Politics Of Hajj: Saudi Arabia Keeps Departing Nig. Pilgrims In Isolated Camp / Let's endorse Buhari / We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.