Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible (766 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / Ex-Minister's Son Dies In Power Bike Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Euroclydon(m): 6:53am On Sep 03, 2012
The Federal Government has said the progress made so far in the power sector is irreversible, despite the resignation of Prof Bart Nnaji, as the Minister of Power.
A statement issued in Abuja, by the Senior SpecialAssistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, assured Nigerians that President Goodluck Jonathan was determined to protect investors’ confidence and credibility in the power sector.
The statement added that: “President Goodluck Jonathan expects that before the end of December 2012, with the progress being made in the area of gas supply to the National Integrated Power Project, (NIPP) the present improvement inthe electricity supply for domestic and industrial use will not only be sustained but also significantly improved.
“The President has set a target for the actualisation of uninterrupted power supply which drives economic development and Nigerians are assured that the process will not be truncated while the privatisation of the sector will go on with utmost transparency.”
Okupe said: “Majority of the NIPP projects that are yet to operate in full capacity despite daunting challenges will between now and December 2012 will be able to substantially and significantly improve the generation capacity to increase the availability and sustainability of electricity power supplied nationwide for long hours. It is the expectation of the President that the increase in power supply will attract foreign investors and open up the flanks for job creation.”
Okupe said the President was committed to “The Roadmap to Power Sector Reform”, which has improved project planning and management efficiency in Nigeria’s electric power system in preparation for private sector ‘management’.
According to him, “He (President Jonathan) is turning words into action as evident in the improvement in electricity power supply nationwide. President Jonathan is sincerely committed at ensuring that the government divests its interest in State-owned entities and transparently entrenches the key principles of restructuring and divestiture in the electric powersector.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidency-progress-in-power-sector-irreversible/123940/
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by werepeLeri: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2012
God bless yah.
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Sep 03, 2012
The Thief-Dog, Okupe is still talking. Wonderful.

Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Idokojimmy: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2012
It can only get better. I know that with Jonathan's rugged determination to settle power crisis, the sector can only but witness genuine tranformation.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by werepeLeri: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2012
Some people's blood gets hot when they read this kind of story.
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Super1759: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2012
Demdem: The Thief-Dog, Okupe is still talking. Wonderful.
shouldn't he do his job again? Abii you wan take over?
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by werepeLeri: 8:34am On Sep 03, 2012
Super1759: shouldn't he do his job again? Abii you wan take over?

I wonder.
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Super1759: shouldn't he do his job again? Abii you wan take over?

The only thing expected from the thief is to resign and cover his face in shame and allow the Retardeen to appoint a competent person. Anything this thief does or says has no honour and should be discarded. That is what is done in sane societies. I cant imagine we have a confirmed thief on the prowl in Aso Rock. Thats a bad precedence.
I have no issues with the power reform at all for now.
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Euroclydon(m): 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
Demdem:

The only thing expected from the thief is to resign and cover his face in shame and allow the Retardeen to appoint a competent person. Anything this thief does or says has no honour and should be discarded. That is what is done in sane societies. I cant imagine we have a confirmed thief on the prowl in Aso Rock. Thats a bad precedence.

Why you dey vex sef? You too dey vex!
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Vegetablesoup: 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
I was here again...the presidency are talked too much....they suppossing to maintained this light we gotten now till? What is this ?
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Super1759: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
Demdem:

good and well spoken. is their any competent fellow you know? And besides gej isn't complaining. He is busy with serious things
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by warrior01: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Demdem:

You're always sounding like a broken record; pls try and get a life before you unknowingly commits suicide all because of Gej and his transformation agenda.
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Euroclydon:

Why you dey vex sef? You too dey vex!

Because there is an unrepentant thief in Aso-Rock. Shouldnt that be enough
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Super1759: good and well spoken. is their any competent fellow you know?

I be Retardeen the President? There are more than enough people in the country (of over 160Million peeps) that can replace Okupe the thief nau

And besides gej isn't complaining.

That scares me. he is comfortable with a thief in Aso-Rock. Probably because he is also a thief

He is busy with serious things

Like.................
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2012
warrior01:
You're always sounding like a broken record; pls try and get a life before you unknowingly commits suicide all because of Gej and his transformation agenda.

Senseless post as usual. What has transformation agenda gat to do with the issue on ground i have since appreciated the minimal improvement in power supply for ur info.
A thief spoke on behalf of the presidency (seat of Nigerian power) and i feel that isnt right yet u have guts to attack me. Are u a thief also undecided
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Idokojimmy: 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
GEJ should consolidate on what Nnaji left behind. The way GEJ is going, I see him solving power wahala. Atleast he has prioritized the sector
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by bubadaniel13: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Idokojimmy: GEJ should consolidate on what Nnaji left behind. The way GEJ is going, I see him solving power wahala. Atleast he has prioritized the sector
na true oh my broda,power is all we need in this country...but e be like say GEJ want de sector better,we dey hope for the best Sha.......
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by werepeLeri: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
Okupe has said his own side of the story of the Benue issue - or wetin him steal this time around?
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by Demdem(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2012
^^^

U are obviously not updated with the latest news. Check the below and get enlightened:

https://www.nairaland.com/1026204/benue-govt-drags-okupe-efcc

https://www.nairaland.com/1032247/okupe-may-hire-keyamo-defend
Re: Presidency: Progress In Power Sector Irreversible by sheyguy: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2012
when it is dry season, we will know if it is irreversible then.

(1) (Reply)

Unless An Igbo Man Rules This Nigeria, The Country Would Not Be Well - Orji Kalu / DNC 2012: Tinubu Never Said Obama Invited him,he Bought Invite for $5000- ACN / National Newspaper Headlines(03 Wednesday October 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.