Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry (6665 Views)

Suggestions For Best Prices For Mercedes Benz C320, Any Of 2006, 2007 Or 2008... / Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. / Candid Advice On Choice Btw Honda Accord Or Toyota Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Hello all, I intend getting one of these cars as my first ride, but confused on which to go for.
I want a ride that wouldn't give me trouble,developing faults frequently and would be easier to maintain.

For those that have had experiences directly or indirectly with these rides,which would you advice me to go for?
Thanx for your inputs.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by luvinhubby(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
2008 Camry has too frequent gear-box issues for a vehicle of that age, a friend bought one and the gear spoilt of his way home for auto shop
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
luvinhubby: 2008 Camry has too frequent gear-box issues for a vehicle of that age, a friend bought one and the gear spoilt of his way home for auto shop
thanx for your input.more input please smiley
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by spiaggia: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2012
2008 Camry has too frequent gear-box issues for a vehicle of that age, a friend bought one and the gear spoilt of his way home for auto shop
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Sincerely believe the above statement is untrue and misleading. Or is it that you wanted to write about the Honda as it's universally known that gear problems are synonymous with Honda cars especially the Accord. You can even find this in every car chat website. Toyota camry is associated with poor shocks and it's a very popular joke all over that the Camry has no "legs"

1 Like

Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
spiaggia: 2008 Camry has too frequent gear-box issues for a vehicle of that age, a friend bought one and the gear spoilt of his way home for auto shop
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Sincerely believe the above statement is untrue and misleading. Or is it that you wanted to write about the Honda as it's universally known that gear problems are synonymous with Honda cars especially the Accord. You can even find this in every car chat website. Toyota camry is associated with poor shocks and it's a very popular joke all over that the Camry has no "legs"
thanx, bro. I appreciate.
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2012
kiss
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by infolekan(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2012
spiaggia: 2008 Camry has too frequent gear-box issues for a vehicle of that age, a friend bought one and the gear spoilt of his way home for auto shop
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

The statement above is not misleading. I drive a 2007 sport edition camry & I had a transmission problem without any warning and it wasn't due to bad maintenance culture believe me. Had to change the transmission. & Honda's gearbox problem was majorly with the V6 series which had been corrected since 2005. You can go to yahoo cars and see the total number of complaints on the 07 - 09 camry in the FIRST year after sale. You'll really enjoy the camry but then .....weigh your options. Hardly do the gear box OR engine in the 07 Accord model have these problem.
My own opinion. But then you could always google it.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by andywaves(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
Toyota is usually know for reliability but their models from 2002 till date has been plagued with reliabilty issues since they ventured into aluminum alloy engine instead of their reknown cast iron I think they still haven't gotten it right yet n r still experimenting honda had been trying to gear their v6 gearbox right since 1999 and I think they r finally over it
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
infolekan:

The statement above is not misleading. I drive a 2007 sport edition camry & I had a transmission problem without any warning and it wasn't due to bad maintenance culture believe me. Had to change the transmission. & Honda's gearbox problem was majorly with the V6 series which had been corrected since 2005. You can go to yahoo cars and see the total number of complaints on the 07 - 09 camry in the FIRST year after sale. You'll really enjoy the camry but then .....weigh your options. Hardly do the gear box OR engine in the 07 Accord model have these problem.
My own opinion. But then you could always google it.
tha
andywaves: Toyota is usually know for reliability but their models from 2002 till date has been plagued with reliabilty issues since they ventured into aluminum alloy engine instead of their reknown cast iron I think they still haven't gotten it right yet n r still experimenting honda had been trying to gear their v6 gearbox right since 1999 and I think they r finally over it
thank you for your contributions.they will go a long way in informing my decision.more pleaseeee. cool
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2012
from the way u r responding i can see u are learning more towards toyota camry
if you had already made up your mind i dont think there is any need to comment.

well i own the 2007 accord had it since 2009, i drive to PH and Abuja on short notice, i have not had one problem nothing, except once i changed my battery cos i traveled and left the car unattended to for months.

so if u still have an open mind, the interior of the camry cannot be compared to the honda, the camry feels empty inside while the Honda gives you a different feel

and mind you both of them are great cars i just feel it is an image or personality issue. honda accord sharp young up moving guys, toyota young guys non flexible and stable

buy a car u are happy with
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
kaecy5: from the way u r responding i can see u are learning more towards toyota camry
if you had already made up your mind i dont think there is any need to comment.

well i own the 2007 accord had it since 2009, i drive to PH and Abuja on short notice, i have not had one problem nothing, except once i changed my battery cos i traveled and left the car unattended to for months.

so if u still have an open mind, the interior of the camry cannot be compared to the honda, the camry feels empty inside while the Honda gives you a different feel

and mind you both of them are great cars i just feel it is an image or personality issue. honda accord sharp young up moving guys, toyota young guys non flexible and stable

buy a car u are happy with
no,I have not made up my mind yet,bro.I want to an idea of the one that would give me less issue and go for it even if I might be leaning towards the other.like I said,it would be my first ride,and I want to enjoy it as much as possible.thanx for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
kiss
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Or 2008 Toyota Camry by dandollar1: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
More suggestions plz!

(1) (Reply)

I'll Never Touch Toyota Again / Nissan Almera 1.5 E 5dr Hatchback (2001) / How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Ford Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.