Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,686 members, 7,851,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk (16211 Views)

I Want To Buy A Car Chasis Scrap/junk *NO ENGINE* *IN NIGERIA* / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by hajjimam: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2012
if our so called leader can stop mismanaging our resourses and put thing in order,i'm sure naija will be rated among d best country because we citizen was talented but we were not encourage by our govt.I rest my comment.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 05, 2012
It's high time Nigerians stopped blaming their government, when it comes to funding. The Nigerian government will always be the way they are, it's the way they've been for over thirty years, so what's new?

If you have an invention, or other innovative idea, (an original one, not reinventing the wheel) and you're ambitious enough, you'll make it work, with or without your government's intervention. Personally, I wouldn't want any backing from the Nigerian government. In no time at all, they'll make your idea work, and sideline you. You may even quietly and conveniently "disappear", and no one would be any the wiser who's invention it was.

This is why innovators from China, India, Korea etc are making it. Very few of these innovators get government funding, and are driven solely by their passion for what they do. If you have the drive, you'll find the funding somehow. If it comes to buying and driving the most recent Range Rover Sport, a Blackberry Porsche etc, you come up with the finances somehow; the Nigerian Government doesn't fund these purchases. So use that money for your idea, or sell that expensive SUV, phone, Sports Coupe etc.

Even if you approached a bank, they wouldn't be interested in lending you the funds, unless you're willing to put in a lot of your own money. Why would a bank, or other investor risk their money, when you're not willing to do the same?
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by menaxe: 2:28am On Sep 05, 2012
pDude:

Spit and catarrh are falling from your wide mouth. Clean it up. tongue
nairaland is not meant for kids okay?
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by davidif: 4:33am On Sep 05, 2012
wasn't this on yahoo years ago?
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 6:46am On Sep 05, 2012
hum
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 05, 2012
davidif: wasn't this on yahoo years ago?

Yes, it's pretty old news, and from what I've read, never really went any further than it is here.

A better concept existed back in 1984, a Nigerian guy was constructing a helicopter. But he used a different approach, he used the bodyshell of the then common Daihatsu microbus. It was the ideal shape, to which he added a tail section, tail and main rotors.

It did run, though I never saw it lift. It was at the top of Sokponba Road in Benin City, I was schooling in Immaculate Conception College at Murtala Mohammed Way, myself and friends used to stop at Sokponba to see how far this guy had gotten. It was at the back of his house.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2012
1984? That was a long time
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by blackbeau1(f): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2012
hakunajay:

wetin you don ever produce for your life?
abeg,help me ask am.I'm sure he is not even good in his own field.@ airflow,whether it can fly above 2meters or not,it at least shows the creativity in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2012
thats true
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by OldDirtyBastard: 10:45am On Sep 05, 2012
why is there a hand break in there and those chairs weigh a ton.

The day this thing flies thats the day my black a55 will be president of Switzerland
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by nlofficial(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
pDude:

What language is this? Is this tripe your best attempt at English language? Omase o!

Product of the Nigerian educational system. sad

LMAO
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
lol
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by phreakabit(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2012
[size=18pt]WOULD LOVE TO SEE A VIDEO OF "HIM" FLYING THIS. . . .Rflmao![/size]
Re: Nigerian Man Builds Working Helicopters From Junk by bilms(m): 7:02am On Sep 20, 2012
yea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Are The 15 Safest 2018 Cars So Far - IIHS / Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / How To Get A Car Unstuck From The Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.