Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340684 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BahJallow: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

ok so how much do you charge to do hair again? cool cool

For grown up? Apx. 75€ with hair added, and only using your own, apx 70€ . The professionals in the shops here take around 3-5 times more wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2013
BahJallow:

For grown up? Apx. 75€ with hair added, and only using your own, apx 70€ . The professionals in the shops here take around 3-5 times more wink

shocked shocked

lol dayum!
you're serious! grin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by aaanu: 10:14am On Mar 03, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

i agree. and it's very fitting for you!
that's one beautiful picture sis. kiss
thanks I use a combo of sheabutter, coconutoil and olive oil to cold steam it @ home it keeps my hair soft, shiny, healthy,is a natural detangler n not too corkscrewy n also prevents falling out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 03, 2013
aaanu: thanks I use a combo of sheabutter, coconutoil and olive oil to cold steam it @ home it keeps my hair soft, shiny, healthy,is a natural detangler n not too corkscrewy n also prevents falling out.

yeah!! i know what you mean!
since i started using cantu shea butter my hair has had the same results. smiley

**edited**

BahJallow:

Haha, I ain`t playing, girl, I got plans for my business grin Starting low, and in five years, you`ll see. But my goal is to still be more cheap than the shops around me. Mama don`t raise no fool..

grin grin

i know thats right!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BahJallow: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

shocked shocked

lol dayum!
you're serious! grin

Haha, I ain`t playing, girl, I got plans for my business grin Starting low, and in five years, you`ll see. But my goal is to still be more cheap than the shops around me. Mama don`t raise no fool..
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
BahJallow:

btw madam!!
and all of you wonderful ladies on this thread!! kiss

grin grin grin

i've been made moderator of the gaming section.
come support the section and check it out!!

here is a cool thread of gaming walkthroughs!!
https://www.nairaland.com/983870/list-helpful-walkthrough-channels#11353817
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
smiley smiley

Her starting point:

^^result.

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
I think it was someone in this thread who recommended me a shop in Oslo, and I would like to thank that girl. The people working there were really nice and helpful, I will absolutely go back there again! smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
JallowBah: I think it was someone in this thread who recommended me a shop in Oslo, and I would like to thank that girl. The people working there were really nice and helpful, I will absolutely go back there again! smiley

that's what's up. nothing better than getting your "hair did" grin
by a kind, courteous and efficient staff. smiley
you have any pix? smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

that's what's up. nothing better than getting your "hair did" grin
by a kind, courteous and efficient staff. smiley
you have any pix? smiley

Lol, nono. I am not doing anything with my hair, my locks get to grow as they feel cheesy

I went to buy some leave-in for my daughters hair!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
JallowBah:

Lol, nono. I am not doing anything with my hair, my locks get to grow as they feel cheesy

I went to buy some leave-in for my daughters hair!

oh ok. smiley

I've tried all sorts of leave-in creams and so far cantu shea butter is the BEST!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 4:48am On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

oh ok. smiley

I've tried all sorts of leave-in creams and so far cantu shea butter is the BEST!!

Darks do you have natural African hair?

Girl my natural hairs are growing again, I'm so happy over it and can't wait for it to long up for me to cut off the retouched part and I ma be a real natural African woman with my sweet African natural hair. grin

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 4:50am On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

btw madam!!
and all of you wonderful ladies on this thread!! kiss

grin grin grin

i've been made moderator of the gaming section.
come support the section and check it out!!

here is a cool thread of gaming walkthroughs!!
https://www.nairaland.com/983870/list-helpful-walkthrough-channels#11353817

Yeah, will come check out your section this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 5:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Meddler: My hurrrrrr.

Meddler your hair is lovely. Is it natural? or you just untwisted your retouched hair. I know that when I untwist my hair after removing a weave that I get such lovely cascading curls, I didn't know that a natural unretouched African hair can give such waves. I will like to know how you work that if that hair is unretouched okay.

aaanu: Bin rockin my natural for a year now n its fun n liberating

Aaanu you look natural and beautiful, I'm so loving our African natural hair right now.

@Darkie
That lovely hair you featured there (the one by the woman in purple) will look good on an African bride on her wedding day.

The short curls on the woman in the picture below use to be one of my favorites that I rocked during my university days. I cut my hair short, use a texturizer on it. When it dries I apply gel (it immediately gets curly) and part it 65 degree slanted in the middle of my head (you need to see the shape I give that hair) and I had this white shiny spray that I spot on a little patch to depict gray (cause I love gray hair grin). Girl,I so love that my unique look then. I also put on some african neck and wrist beads and when I dons one of my little pieces of campus wear that I made at home during the holidays my head of department can't help but call me a designer. Lol.
I should be that real African woman with some African hair (I've always loved natural African hair while growing up) and ethnic beaded earrings and neck pieces but white collar job took all that from me. I hope to get back that natural look I love very much.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 5:35am On Mar 16, 2013
My signature weaves/weave-on is this Diana Rossy kinda weaves but not full full overly blown out like that of diana rossy. I normally use Premium deep wave weaves to get that look. I fix the weave (65 degree slant parting in the middle) and after a few days will break the weave into tiny tiny cascading curls and it will blow up and take that shape. It's another close to natural look I like much.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 5:36am On Mar 16, 2013
I simply like how Solange killed that natural hair look. Lovely!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2013
Ivynwa: @Darkie
That lovely hair you featured there (the one by the woman in purple) will look good on an African bride on her wedding day.

The short curls on the woman in the picture below use to be one of my favorites that I rocked during my university days. I cut my hair short, use a texturizer on it. When it dries I apply gel (it immediately gets curly) and part it 65 degree slanted in the middle of my head (you need to see the shape I give that hair) and I had this white shiny spray that I spot on a little patch to depict gray (cause I love gray hair grin). Girl,I so love that my unique look then. I also put on some african neck and wrist beads and when I dons one of my little pieces of campus wear that I made at home during the holidays my head of department can't help but call me a designer. Lol.

I should be that real African woman with some African hair (I've always loved natural African hair while growing up) and ethnic beaded earrings and neck pieces but white collar job took all that from me. I hope to get back that natural look I love very much.

I bet you were looking fly!! cool cool
Nothing beats a natural sister who KNOWS how to work the do!! Compliment it with some nice accessories and keep it well moisturized with some sheen!! cool

And btw i would LOVE to see the shape/style of that hair do!! Got any pix? wink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 16, 2013
Ivynwa:

Darks do you have natural African hair?

Girl my natural hairs are growing again, I'm so happy over it and can't wait for it to long up for me to cut off the retouched part and I ma be a real natural African woman with my sweet African natural hair. grin

nope.
only @ the roots! the rest of my hair still has some of chemicals in it. undecided

but my natural hair though is soft originally so i am able to get it to blend. smiley
it doesn't look crazy which is important lol. i was thinking of doing the BIG chop but im too much of coward. grin i only cut my ends to keep my hair even.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Ivynwa(f): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

I bet you were looking fly!! cool cool
Nothing beats a natural sister who KNOWS how to work the do!! Compliment it with some nice accessories and keep it well moisturized with some sheen!! cool

And btw i would LOVE to see the shape/style of that hair do!! Got any pix? wink

I will look for that picture , I only have a few of my pictures here with me and it may take a little while before i get my hands on that. I will let you do when I see it.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ivynwa:

I will look for that picture , I only have a few of my pictures here with me and it may take a little while before i get my hands on that. I will let you do when I see it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

awesome!! smiley
i need to take more pix of my own hair and post them.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2013

Amhara style braiding.
the pik is too big so i'll only post the link.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4108/5030513235_6558256295_b.jpg

Amhara and Tigray braiding styles are just breath taking.
I'll post more! smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
smiley smiley

i am not sure which tribe it is that does the humps in between the braids
but i like it. i'll try to find some.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
it's amhara. smiley

another big one. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Meddler(f): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=Ivynwa]

Meddler your hair is lovely. Is it natural? or you just untwisted your retouched hair. I know that when I untwist my hair after removing a weave that I get such lovely cascading curls, I didn't know that a natural unretouched African hair can give such waves. I will like to know how you work that if that hair is unretouched okay.

Thanks dear. Yes my hair is natural meaning no relaxer. Its a twist out that is twisting the hair then untwisting it for this effect.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lepasharon(f): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin: smiley smiley

i am not sure which tribe it is that does the humps in between the braids
but i like it. i'll try to find some.

ohhhh nice ,i want an ethiopian to do my hair man undecided

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
lepasharon:

ohhhh nice ,i want an ethiopian to do my hair man undecided
I know right!!
One elderly ethio woman offered to do mine a while back.

i regret so much that i never took her up on her offer. undecided
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
I am contemplating doing the BIG chop Kandii was talking about (see below).

the issue is though, that I have a high forehead.
and while i wear all styles exposing it..i don't know about cutting off all of my hair mehn! tongue

#everythingAIN'T4Everybody!

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
sorry for the repost but this is my inspiration. smiley

MsDarkSkin: smiley smiley

Her starting point:

^^result.

But here is my personal challenge regardless...
STARTING TODAY! i will take a picture of my hair every three months.
I'll post my progress so you guys can see my hair journey. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Hello ladies, i bc last week n am feeling cool already.
Pls how do i get the curls? Do i need some cream or wil it cum up on its own.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
cocospice: Hello ladies, i bc last week n am feeling cool already.
Pls how do i get the curls? Do i need some cream or wil it cum up on its own.

there are several methods but as for me i use shea butter on my hair when it's slightly damp and then i put my hair in bantu knots. i take them out the next day (or when they are fully dry)and then my hair is curly. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.