Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340748 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

You are welcome. Also watching some YouTube videos for styling
alryt ma'am.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nnekaregy(f): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ok am going to loose my braids tomorrow after 1 month, I have also not retouched my hair for 3 months now. Today I bought castor oil, dark and lovely olive oil and conditioner, I also have shampoo and hair mayonaise. How do these products work for me and how do I comb my hair so that it won't be painful. Urgent advise is needed.I have raw shea butter and honey too.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
mayapop:
Aww! thanks, how was your thanksgiving? do you take biotin or any vitamin for hair growth, I've been hearing about "hairinfinity" I was thinking of trying it out
We had our Thanksgiving back in October. Y'all celebrate yours at the end of November, ours is on the first Monday in October. It was fine, thanks.

I don't take Biotin but I have heard it causes breakouts in a lot of people. It doesn't necessarily make the hair grow but it will make it stronger and thicker, which will help with length retention. If you take it and start breaking out, try taking it with Omega-3s to decrease inflammation. I don't take Hairfinity either but I know about it. It has a ton of ingredients beneficial to the hair. I sometimes check out this hair forum and some people have reported negative effects, like thinning hair, excessive shedding, acne. There're youtube videos on it too. Based on what I've heard, I would advice against taking it. I've been taking it off and on since I started my own journey. The only thing I noticed was my hair getting softer and my eyelashes get longer, other than that I can't say it has made any major difference with the hair on my head. It is very popular and a lot of people love it, tho. It's also safe and has other benefits for the body. I still have a bottle of the powder and trying to finish it up. The main reason I take it now is b/c it's good for the teeth. I take the powdered form; organic. Powder is the best, so if you're going to get it, get the powder and make sure it's organic.

I have other suggestions; I will msg you.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Yields:

We had our Thanksgiving back in October. Y'all celebrate yours at the end of November, ours is on the first Monday in October. It was fine, thanks.

I don't take Biotin but I have heard it causes breakouts in a lot of people. It doesn't necessarily make the hair grow but it will make it stronger and thicker, which will help with length retention. If you take it and start breaking out, try taking it with Omega-3s to decrease inflammation. I don't take Hairfinity either but I know about it. It has a ton of ingredients beneficial to the hair. I sometimes check out this hair forum and some people have reported negative effects, like thinning hair, excessive shedding, acne. There're youtube videos on it too. Based on what I've heard, I would advice against taking it. I've been taking it off and on since I started my own journey. The only thing I noticed was my hair getting softer and my eyelashes get longer, other than that I can't say it has made any major difference with the hair on my head. It is very popular and a lot of people love it, tho. It's also safe and has other benefits for the body. I still have a bottle of the powder and trying to finish it up. The main reason I take it now is b/c it's good for the teeth. I take the powdered form; organic. Powder is the best, so if you're going to get it, get the powder and make sure it's organic.

I have other suggestions; I will msg you.
Alright, i really don't wanna take anything that will make my hair thinner or even cause acne! I watch some Youtube videos, and i saw mostly negative reviews about it. i think i might do the Bc next year; January cheesy I'm not yet ready.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 07, 2014
nnekaregy:
Ok am going to loose my braids tomorrow after 1 month, I have also not retouched my hair for 3 months now. Today I bought castor oil, dark and lovely olive oil and conditioner, I also have shampoo and hair mayonaise. How do these products work for me and how do I comb my hair so that it won't be painful. Urgent advise is needed.I have raw shea butter and honey too.

I will suggest you spray your braids with water(not dripping wet), add little conditioner to each braid as you loosen, it will reduce hair loss and friction.

Part your hair into four, use your fingers to separate the strands, try combing through with your fingers
Use your wide tooth comb on each section you have detangled with your hand, start with the tips and work your way to the roots. You can braid each part into two (or more) single Calabar braids.

You should end up with 8 single Calabar braids or more.

Spray your hair with water again if it is dry
Apply your shampoo to your scalp, on each braid's root
Using the base of your fingers, massage the roots and work your way to the tip of your braid(with a single stroke), focus on start of the braid (the one that connects to the root of the hair), where you may likely have lint.

Rinse off, if you feel you need to reapply the shampoo, follow the step again

Using a T-shirt or a cotton material, squeeze out the excess water gently
Apply your protein conditioner first, because it dries the hair, from about 3 inches from the root of your hair
Leave it on according to the recommended time of the product or in the alternative for about 45 mins to fully penetrate your hair fully
Rinse off, wring off excess water with a T-shirt or cotton material
Afterwards apply your moisturising/normal conditioner (add honey to your normal conditioner), to moisturise and soften your hair-do the same as protein conditioner (time and process)
Rinse off, wring off excess water
Allow it to air dry until it is almost dry, apply your leave-in-conditioner or moisturiser (still in braids)
Apply your oils (penetrating oil first before sealing oils)
Air dry, when it is almost dry, loosen your single braids, finger detangle, then wild tooth comb and finally your fine comb
Style as usual
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by CuteIbukun(f): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Please I have not retouched my hair now for 6months because I want to join the families of natural hair but as it is naw I don't know what to do after I loose the dreads have been carrying for 6months..thanks..pls what's the first step am to take
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
How do I stop the ends of my cornrow from curling without using beads.

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 14, 2014
SexyFox:
There's not much you can do to stop the ends from curling. Because natural hair is not straight, the ends will curl no matter what. They look fine the way they are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by thediva(f): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
SexyFox:
SexyFox, I think yourhar looks pretty as it is, but you could try threading the ends overnight. This should stretch the enough to be straight in the morning.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by SexyFox(f): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
@thediva and @yields thanks for your reply. I will try the threading technique and if it does not work I will leave it alone.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Shrinkage

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovethyhair: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
That first shrinkage picture is just insane!!!

Darkchildlovethyhair..com
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by nnekaregy(f): 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Justfollowit:

I will suggest you spray your braids with water(not dripping wet), add little conditioner to each braid as you loosen, it will reduce hair loss and friction.

Part your hair into four, use your fingers to separate the strands, try combing through with your fingers
Use your wide tooth comb on each section you have detangled with your hand, start with the tips and work your way to the roots. You can braid each part into two (or more) single Calabar braids.

You should end up with 8 single Calabar braids or more.

Spray your hair with water again if it is dry
Apply your shampoo to your scalp, on each braid's root
Using the base of your fingers, massage the roots and work your way to the tip of your braid(with a single stroke), focus on start of the braid (the one that connects to the root of the hair), where you may likely have lint.

Rinse off, if you feel you need to reapply the shampoo, follow the step again

Using a T-shirt or a cotton material, squeeze out the excess water gently
Apply your protein conditioner first, because it dries the hair, from about 3 inches from the root of your hair
Leave it on according to the recommended time of the product or in the alternative for about 45 mins to fully penetrate your hair fully
Rinse off, wring off excess water with a T-shirt or cotton material
Afterwards apply your moisturising/normal conditioner (add honey to your normal conditioner), to moisturise and soften your hair-do the same as protein conditioner (time and process)
Rinse off, wring off excess water
Allow it to air dry until it is almost dry, apply your leave-in-conditioner or moisturiser (still in braids)
Apply your oils (penetrating oil first before sealing oils)
Air dry, when it is almost dry, loosen your single braids, finger detangle, then wild tooth comb and finally your fine comb
Style as usual

thanks dear, I just saw this after I have gone through pains in combing my hair, I have weaves now and will surely try this when I loosen them or is there a special way of treating weaves?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
nnekaregy:
thanks dear, I just saw this after I have gone through pains in combing my hair, I have weaves now and will surely try this when I loosen them or is there a special way of treating weaves?

Jut shampoo, deep condition and seal as normal
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by dora7891(f): 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
wow those pics are amazing.
http://afrozhair..com/?m=0
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Milaby(f): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
wow jux came across this here, wanna transition from relaxed to natural without the BC, just 3months now and can see the growth and am do loving it... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovethyhair: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Milaby:
wow jux came across this here, wanna transition from relaxed to natural without the BC, just 3months now and can see the growth and am do loving it... cheesy

Welcome to the club dear!!! Here's wishing you lots of growth and popping curls :-)

Visit www.darkchildlovethyhair..com for hair growth tips and diy hair products
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
lovethyhair:

Welcome to the club dear!!! Here's wishing you lots of growth and popping curls :-)
Visit www.darkchildlovethyhair..com for hair growth tips and diy hair products

hmmm
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
I need any suggestion on how to make my hair grow soft,I love afro but anytime the hair grows it always hard to comb and too dry often. any positive suggestion?

can I try out the Emily millionaire coconut oil and herbs though it is for female
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tracybee(f): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Lala247:
Hi ppl,

Can you please click link below and like my page .

Thanks alot. smiley

https://www.facebook.com/LalasCosmetics?ref=tn_tnmn

Added u dear

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=tracybee post=29270979][/quote]

Thank you hunsmiley

Do you live in london too?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by thediva(f): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Habiz:
I need any suggestion on how to make my hair grow soft,I love afro but anytime the hair grows it always hard to comb and too dry often. any positive suggestion?

can I try out the Emily millionaire coconut oil and herbs though it is for female

Hello dear, i have a really nice conditioning cream for hair. It is a mixture of shea butter, indian hemp, avocado oil, olive oil and some other oils too. It is really fantastic and it makes my hair so soft and manageable. I bought it from this website https://adunniorganics.com/product/shea-butter-essentials/
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tracybee(f): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Lala247:

Thank you hunsmiley

Do you live in london too?

Yes i do hun
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
tracybee:

Yes i do hun

Ok, thanks just saw you like.
So what part of london , im east walthamstow u .
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by drnoble1: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Upload your songs, listen to songs at www.tunearth.com
and email us @ tunearth@yahoo.com for FREE MUSIC AND VIDEO PROMOTION!!!!!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tracybee(f): 1:54am On Dec 29, 2014
Lala247:

Ok, thanks just saw you like.
So what part of london , im east walthamstow u .

Im in north london,tottenham to be precisesmiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2014
tracybee:

Im in north london,tottenham to be precisesmiley

Yh ur not far from me.
How old r u if u dont mind me asking

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.