Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (341047 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tracybee(f): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lala247:

Yh ur not far from me.
How old r u if u dont mind me asking

I'll send you a pm
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Orikinla(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
For beautiful natural hair care, I recommend Coco Amo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2lIfPQmY58

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
tracybee:

I'll send you a pm

How do i get it
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by tracybee(f): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lala247:

How do i get it

I think how it works is you get an email that x is trying to send an email and you click on that to read the message.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
Genie locs, first try ever.

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
JallowBah, your's daughter's adorable! Her genie locs look cute. They match her jacket too, hehe.
You once posted a video of her dancing to a song, lol. She was little then. She's a big girl now! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
Yields:
JallowBah, your's daughter's adorable! Her genie locs look cute. They match her jacket too, hehe.
You once posted a video of her dancing to a song, lol. She was little then. She's a big girl now! smiley

Thank you smiley We used yarn this time, and this is how she looked some weeks before, with purple/black braids.

She turned four on the 18th..time fliiiiies!
( The second pic is from Halloween, she was one of the my little ponies.. )

5 Likes

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Milaby(f): 1:15am On Jan 01, 2015
lovethyhair:

Welcome to the club dear!!! Here's wishing you lots of growth and popping curls :-)

Visit www.darkchildlovethyhair..com for hair growth tips and diy hair products
thank you mad Moselle kiss
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Orikinla(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Happy New Year 2015.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Tieya: 2:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by missloluwa(f): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2015
Hi all,

Are there any naturals here?

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
api new year ladies
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
missloluwa:
Hi all,

Are there any naturals here?
yea..I am on natural
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by lovemaths(f): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2015
As you all know I am starting my natural hair journey (it's been a month since I last had a perm cheesy) and already seeing my natural new growth.

So I am creating this thread to celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of e1b1a type African hair. It's one of a kind, versatile and the strongest of the bunch. kiss I can't wait to get back to the old me. kiss kiss

Hopefully this thread will inspire some more ladies to keep it real! Keep it kinky! Keep it natural! cheesy

Feel free to post your own favorite dos and/or videos.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Destinygrl(f): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2015
I just bought my first revlon ceramic hair straightener but not sure how to use it.
can som1 pls tell me d right settings n products to use on hair first.
its written here that it has 25 variable heat settings n goes up to 200C. my hair is 4b
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by girlsupersonic(f): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
SexyFox:
How do I stop the ends of my cornrow from curling without using beads.
You can use black little rubber bands to band the ends all the way down, that way they are invisible and u still get the straight look
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by girlsupersonic(f): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
Habiz:
I need any suggestion on how to make my hair grow soft,I love afro but anytime the hair grows it always hard to comb and too dry often. any positive suggestion?

can I try out the Emily millionaire coconut oil and herbs though it is for female

I have an extremely thick/spongy hair and I use dark and lovely hair repair leave in conditioner, it is absolutely lovely for thick hair...atleast it works for me! U can try
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Destinygrl(f): 10:59am On Jan 06, 2015
pls waz d right setting to straighten 4b hair on a 1-25 hair straightener temperature settings
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
girlsupersonic:

I have an extremely thick/spongy hair and I use dark and lovely hair repair leave in conditioner, it is absolutely lovely for thick hair...atleast it works for me! U can try
thanks will try dat
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 11, 2015
JallowBah:

Thank you smiley We used yarn this time, and this is how she looked some weeks before, with purple/black braids.

She turned four on the 18th..time fliiiiies!
( The second pic is from Halloween, she was one of the my little ponies.. )
D'awwwww! I love kids! Lemnme babysit! tongue

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 11, 2015

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Yields:

D'awwwww! I love kids! Lemnme babysit! tongue

If you were in my country, I woud have said yes. lol.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2015
Check out http://beautifullynappy.com/shop/ for products to take of your gorgeous natural hair
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
Check out my blog for information on chemicals that might be damaging your hair!!!!

http://beautifullynappy.com/2015/01/15/10-chemicals-dangerous-to-your-hairhealth-and-skin/
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by beautifulynappy(f): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Amazing butters for your hair and skin available at www.beautifullynappy.com/shop/

1. Avocado Butter: Avocado Butter is great for the hair and skin. It contains vitamins A,C,E,K, These vitamins help to thicken and strengthen your curls, they provide anti-oxidants which condition and moisturize your scalp, hair and skin. They also help reduce hair loss, soften hair and provide a shine for the hair. Furthermore, it contains beta carotene which helps prevents dandruff, encourages hair growth and imparts a healthy glow on the skin. Avocado butter is healing for damaged hair and skin, it functions as a rich natural hair conditioner and it’s also a natural heat protectant.

2. Mango Butter: This is also a rich moisturizing butter full of vitamins A, C and E. It works to combat free radicals found in the sun’s rays and pollution. When applied to the skin mango butter can protect the skin from the sun’s rays and can sooth sunburnt skin. Mango butter also has excellent sealing and moisturizing properties, which means it keeps the hair softer for longer periods. Its high saturated fat content allows it to penetrate the hair cuticle and fortify the hair from within. The vitamins in mango butter also help nourish the hair and scalp, thereby keeping the hair both healthier and longer.

3. Cocoa Butter: Unrefined cocoa butter is an amazing substitute for Shea butter, unlike mango and avocado butter which I find have a very mild scent, cocoa butter has an amazing nutty scent. It melts at body temperature and it’s full of antioxidants which help fight free radicals that cause aging to the skin. This butter is also said to reduce stretch marks, although, I can’t guarantee this because I haven’t used it for that purpose. It provides deep hydration for the hair and skin because it is also high in fatty acids. Cocoa butter contains a plethora of nutrients including calcium, protein (essential for hair growth), potassium etc. It moisturises the scalp without clogging the pores. Due to its high fatty content and nutrition it stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss, furthermore, like castor oil it increases hair thickness.

4. Murumuru Butter: Its composition of essential fatty acids and Pro-Vitamin A helps restore elasticity to damaged and aging skin. It is also excellent for dry and cracked skin, and useful for healing eczema and psoriasis. Murumuru butter is wonderful for conditioning brittle, dry and damaged hair. It’s also essential for moisture retention as it creates a semi permeable barrier that is said to prevent moisture loss when applied to wet hair. It keeps our kinky curls soft, supple and shinning.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please, who has a bottle of natur vital hair conditioner? I wanna ask a question about it.

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by jennixyluv: 8:56am On Jan 22, 2015
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
beautifulynappy:
Amazing butters for your hair and skin available at www.beautifullynappy.com/shop/

1. Avocado Butter: Avocado Butter is great for the hair and skin. It contains vitamins A,C,E,K, These vitamins help to thicken and strengthen your curls, they provide anti-oxidants which condition and moisturize your scalp, hair and skin. They also help reduce hair loss, soften hair and provide a shine for the hair. Furthermore, it contains beta carotene which helps prevents dandruff, encourages hair growth and imparts a healthy glow on the skin. Avocado butter is healing for damaged hair and skin, it functions as a rich natural hair conditioner and it’s also a natural heat protectant.

2. Mango Butter: This is also a rich moisturizing butter full of vitamins A, C and E. It works to combat free radicals found in the sun’s rays and pollution. When applied to the skin mango butter can protect the skin from the sun’s rays and can sooth sunburnt skin. Mango butter also has excellent sealing and moisturizing properties, which means it keeps the hair softer for longer periods. Its high saturated fat content allows it to penetrate the hair cuticle and fortify the hair from within. The vitamins in mango butter also help nourish the hair and scalp, thereby keeping the hair both healthier and longer.

3. Cocoa Butter: Unrefined cocoa butter is an amazing substitute for Shea butter, unlike mango and avocado butter which I find have a very mild scent, cocoa butter has an amazing nutty scent. It melts at body temperature and it’s full of antioxidants which help fight free radicals that cause aging to the skin. This butter is also said to reduce stretch marks, although, I can’t guarantee this because I haven’t used it for that purpose. It provides deep hydration for the hair and skin because it is also high in fatty acids. Cocoa butter contains a plethora of nutrients including calcium, protein (essential for hair growth), potassium etc. It moisturises the scalp without clogging the pores. Due to its high fatty content and nutrition it stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss, furthermore, like castor oil it increases hair thickness.

4. Murumuru Butter: Its composition of essential fatty acids and Pro-Vitamin A helps restore elasticity to damaged and aging skin. It is also excellent for dry and cracked skin, and useful for healing eczema and psoriasis. Murumuru butter is wonderful for conditioning brittle, dry and damaged hair. It’s also essential for moisture retention as it creates a semi permeable barrier that is said to prevent moisture loss when applied to wet hair. It keeps our kinky curls soft, supple and shinning.

The murumuru butter sounds interesting. Never heard if it till now. I'm looking for new products to try on my skin and hair. Are you in Nigeria? I wouldn't mind ordering it from you but I think it would be easier and faster for me to get it on amazon (I just looked it up and it's there).

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.