Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (340898 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 16, 2012
ok.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by somalia5: 6:17am On Sep 16, 2012
BelaMorena: ok.

cool find a somali with nappy hair...and dont post that one pic of the guy who has the afro, who we are not sure if his 100 percent ethnic somali.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
somalia5:

cool find a somali with nappy hair...and dont post that one pic of the guy who has the afro, who we are not sure if his 100 percent ethnic somali.

https://www.google.no/search?q=somali+women+hair&hl=no&sa=X&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=07FVUOehN4nTtAby7oDACw&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=799

You`re welcome.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
ok let's get back to the topic.
there are plenty of threads for those people.
let's focus on what is important. smiley smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Has anyone tried using Indian Henna as a conditioner? (not to dye).

I have used it but it was already mixed and in the forum of an oil called "Vatika".
Created my own natural conditioner by mixing eggs with mayonnaise and this oil as a sealant and I was very satisfied!! smiley My hair is starting to curl at the roots speeding up the transition process! cheesy

But before I get back to unmixed form of henna, let's talk vatika oil.
Here is a video of the typical praise it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxZMUrGOgW4

I ordered mine off of amazon.com and received a bundle of two. You guys I am VEEEERY satisfied with the product. I have used it as both a conditioner and a hot oil treatment. I am running out of supply sadly but happy that my hair is starting to get back to its natural state via its roots. I will post a picture of my own bottle later.

I do plan on restocking and ordering more but I intend to start using the powdered unmixed form of Indian Henna. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
How to apply and mix henna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrlJ3xdv5g

Keep in mind there are different brands.
But the effects are all the same.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
MY bottle of vatika. cheesy cheesy

the only thing i didn't care for was the smell
and the method you have to use to open it for the first application.
You have to poke a hole into the top otherwise if you try to squeeze it,
it will burst through and spill all over the place. I lost like
half of a bottle because of that lol. grin

But the results are awesome. smiley

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
Now lets get back to the pictures! cheesy cheesy

i personally don't want dreads but i would rock an imitation style with yarn twists/marley hair. smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
Never heard of it. Tbh, I have stopped using products on my hair, just letting grow as black men would.
Btw, where is royal?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane: Never heard of it. Tbh, I have stopped using products on my hair, just letting grow as black men would.
Btw, where is royal?

Hah, I havent seen him for a while either.

How is your hair getting along with no products?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
It's growing quite well. I don't have hard hair so I don't need to put much product in it. I just noticed how black men who usually grow their hair hardly put any products in their hair. and it grows to great lengths

The only products I have for my hair is shea butter I came back with from gambia and indian hemp. I have my hair under a wig cap at the moment but when I put my hands through it, the texture is soo defined.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane: It's growing quite well. I don't have hard hair so I don't need to put much product in it. I just noticed how black men who usually grow their hair hardly put any products in their hair. and it grows to great lengths

The only products I have for my hair is shea butter I came back with from gambia and indian hemp. I have my hair under a wig cap at the moment but when I put my hands through it, the texture is soo defined.

Are you gambian?
I use the same for my daughters hair, and sometimes for my own..smiley Bought it in the markets in Gambia last year, put it in the freesertongue
And shea butter is amazing for the skin as well
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane: Never heard of it. Tbh, I have stopped using products on my hair, just letting grow as black men would.
Btw, where is royal?

true. i do find that their hair grows much quicker because they leave it alone.

anyway, royal is busy with school work, sports and other stuff. he said he might be back in february. He was on here a few days ago though. smiley

im going to try to contact him offline for more details lol.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
JallowBah:

Are you gambian?
I use the same for my daughters hair, and sometimes for my own..smiley Bought it in the markets in Gambia last year, put it in the freesertongue
And shea butter is amazing for the skin as well

Lool! You don't remember me? After all the arguments we had over gambian men. tongue

I'm part gambian and brought up there.

Mzdark, tell him I miss him.
Mzdarkskin
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane:

Lool! You don't remember me? After all the arguments we had over gambian men. tongue

I'm part gambian and brought up there.

Mzdark, tell him I miss him.
Mzdarkskin

Lol, I was thinking you were just telling what you thought of it, dont remember you saying you are gambianwink Half gambian, and half what?

The fulanis say the shea butter, nebankare, makes the hair grow faster, and stronger..

And Mzdarkskin; say hi from me too!
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
Lol' my bad then. Sierra leonean.

Shea butter~the pure one is good for almost everything. skin, hair and many even use it to cook.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane: Lol' my bad then. Sierra leonean.

Shea butter~the pure one is good for almost everything. skin, hair and many even use it to cook.

How do you use it in food?

I also use coco oil on me and the kid, but never tried that in food either, although I know many use it f.ex cooking.

I like natural things..
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
kandiikane: Mzdark, tell him I miss him.
Mzdarkskin

JallowBah: Mzdarkskin; say hi from me too!

will do asap!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by seunfly: 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
JallowBah:

How do you use it in food?

I also use coco oil on me and the kid, but never tried that in food either, although I know many use it f.ex cooking.

I like natural things..

i know peaple that use it for cooking in central Nigeria(kwara state), though they use it for African stew, jolof rice, fried rice and frying of fish,meat, chicken, plantain and others. Although they use it, not because of the health advantage but because it is cheaper than processed vegetable oil. In such place peaple belive only poor use it as when the food cool, it tend to solidify making you to alway warm such food(hot) before eating.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by JallowBah(f): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
seunfly:

i know peaple that use it for cooking in central Nigeria(kwara state), though they use it for African stew, jolof rice, fried rice and frying of fish,meat, chicken, plantain and others. Although they use it, not because of the health advantage but because it is cheaper than processed vegetable oil. In such place peaple belive only poor use it as when the food cool, it tend to solidify making you to alway warm such food(hot) before eating.

Ahaaa..that would happen with coco oil as well.

For me, in norwegian views, I am not rich, at all. I like buying the cheapest, and most natural things for cooking, and I always heat up the food anyways..wink Next time I am frying, I will try coco oil. A liiiittle sceptic towards the shea butter, thoughwink
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
Interesting....smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
Yield:

Contradictory much? You're advocating natural hair on black women, yet you "can't stand short hair on a women (of any race or ethnicity)." Don't you realize black women who go natural have to start from somewhere and that is usually short hair? Not everyone transitions. Some cut off their relaxed hair once they decide to go natural and begin with little to no hair. I didn't transition when I did years ago and just cut it all off. Saying "more black women should rock their natural hair" but you can't stand short hair on women is a bit aimless.

Who said "natural" hair has to be short?
I like long hair, natural or otherwise.
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 2:15am On Sep 21, 2012
^if you read her comment you will see she didn't say natural hair has to be short.
She was merely stating how we have to either go bald or do a transition if we want to go natural. Many black children get their hair permed and if they decide to go natural they have to start from the beginning.

Otherwise what? You will marry another race with long natural hair. Uda fart an dat?
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by kandiikane(m): 3:01am On Sep 24, 2012
I saw this girl on facebook ages ago and I just thought, "gorgeous"

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 24, 2012
kandiikane: I saw this girl on facebook ages ago and I just thought, "gorgeous"

I like. I love how some women arent afraid to take risks with styles and colors smiley

I for one couldnt do it. Lol im too scared!

Btw kandii royal was online not too long ago. He said "hi" smiley
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by TerryCarr(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2012
janelle monae shocked

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2012
^ nice cool

1 Like

Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by TerryCarr(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by toluh(f): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
Pls I need help in curling my TWA. Your suggestions would b appreciated .
Re: Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) by somalia5: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
toluh: Pls I need help in curling my TWA. Your suggestions would b appreciated .

sister try adding my seeme in ur hair. maybe make hair more manageable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

stylish kareena kapoor / Which Cream And Soap is Best Suited For A Fair Lady / POST HERE | ALL Modeling-Related Information!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.