Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? (9004 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Tisa: 12:59am On Sep 16, 2012
To talk true, while with my parents my mum makes me go, as a single bachelor banker I didn't go for years, as a married man naa my wife dey force me grin

I believe more in develop a personal relationship with Jesus. The church today discourages rather than encourage me to follow Christ so I rather stay personal with him. A case in reference is d recent suicide of the pastor in benin that impregnated his church member.

Just me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 16, 2012
To listen to some lies-telling pastors!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 16, 2012
. . . .I dont.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
. . . .I dont.
I don't either. It is just a joke for the Christians!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 16, 2012
I go to Church when I feel like. Because I know that the Kingdom of Heaven is in me and I know for a fact that many of our pastors should actually be in Showbiz.

Sometimes I go to entertain myself. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by cfours: 3:29am On Sep 16, 2012
to be in the midst of fellow worshipers.
nd especially to worship and hear the sermon.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Caseless: 3:42am On Sep 16, 2012
If u dnt knw whr u'r comin frm u surely wl not knw whr u'r goin. If d sole purpose of creatin u is divergent, qstion like dz must alwayz spring up. anyway,na fabrication,alteration and modification dey cause dis confusin question.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by EreluY(f): 3:53am On Sep 16, 2012
[size=15pt]JERRY my junior brother says, "I go to church, especially in London, because there are countless African babes who are not only desperately looking for husbands, but also easily and readily cave in to satisfy my insatiable amorous gratifications, thinking they've got their dream man. No better place to get them in the whole of London." No be me talk am oooooooooooooooo.

As for me, it's an absolute waste of time, energy and resources.[/size]
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Wiseoldman: 3:54am On Sep 16, 2012
The same reason, I go to the library to read...
1)In the library I hv people of like minds so there is some encouragement.

The same reason I buy food in the market...
1)The market is particularly dedicated for that purpose, I'm more comfortable buying the quality and variety of things there

God deserves our worship, the least we could do is to spare few hours in a place dedicated to him weekly...
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Caseless: 3:56am On Sep 16, 2012
Dos avoiding church amount 2 any tangible sin? Cos i'm sure sinners do not exist, as jesus died for our sins. And i tink dat's d qstion d op shld b askin. No mor sin, live as u like and u'l find ursef in d kingdom of GOD. J' tank u 4 dying for their sin!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Caseless: 4:09am On Sep 16, 2012
~vicky~:
hello " Churchy" People cool
chuch pple! They wan knw wetin dey hapen for inside closed door. *no b me talk am o*
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by muktarmtt(m): 4:21am On Sep 16, 2012
I go to church to sing nd dance nd I daz d only time I see ppl Apy nd peace on thr minds
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:36am On Sep 16, 2012
@OP;
So simple and the response can not be far fetched, I think

Remember the 'Sabbath Day' to keep it Holy.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by greatgod2012(f): 4:55am On Sep 16, 2012
PRIMARY REASONS:
i go to church because its God's command.
i go to church to get more enlightment on what i've been reading(d bible),
SECONDARY REASONS:
to meet pple in d right set of mind,bcs its only in d church dt pple are always in d right sense of dir minds
to see pple's hypocrisy,because believe me or not, dre are so many hypocrisy in churches, u kow what i mean.
other reasons are to make friends, to have more biz partners and to get pple to attend to my party when dre is reason 4 it.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by anonimi: 5:20am On Sep 16, 2012
I don't go since God is OMNIPRESENT i.e. He is everywhere.
Going to a specific place to worship Him means going back to the days of Old Testament where the "presence" of the God of Israel was being carried around in the Ark of Convenant.
Moreover, Jesus Christ told the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4 that there is no place for worshipping God. Rather

v.24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Meeting is not necessary in a physical space or building. Nairaland is a meeting place just as other forums for discussing freely.

Different members of the body of Christ can exercise their membership roles in many places and spheres outside a building or organised weekly worship.

In summary, going to a physical place (church) to "worship God, meet with other God's people" is a waste of time that can be better utilised for God's glory towards fellow human beings.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by 5much(m): 5:54am On Sep 16, 2012
some go to church for spiritual nourishment while others go to church to dance azonto/alanta
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Assonite(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2012
May ur eyes of undastnding be enlightened...,can I hear smbadi say AMEN? grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by bankyj: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2012
I go to church to Open up ma heart to christ coz if ur heart is nt opened he cnt come in. Buh dis can also happen @ home so even goin to church sef .............. God dey
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by bknight: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Maria-G:
switie, this is Nl, nobody minds bizzwazz here

This really got me all cracked up... LMAO!!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by werone: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2012
The question here should be "Why do you run from Church to Church?" or "When you knew Christ what changed in your life and why you chose a particular Church?"
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2012
Go to church and comment when you return......smileysmiley
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2012
Blah! Blah! Christianity is nothing more than a cult or fraternity, framed up to make you live a constrained and holy life. Without which those ment to be good would always be good and those for bad would definitely be bad.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by ibedun: 7:29am On Sep 16, 2012
Going to Church is a waste of time and resources.

Africans continue to pray and fast to something that isnt there. No wonder we are living in Hell on earth,
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by NobleAngell(f): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2012
I go 2 Church 2 redeposit d word of God in ma heart and d Bible says we shouldnt neglect d gatherin of d brethren.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2012
fredoooooo:

Esu leyin ibeji , okan lomo , omo nla ............ maaama oooooooooooo grin grin grin grin
Lmfao!!! My head is swelling o!
*she grabs her ori*
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by unwanaabasi(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2012
Yea bros, i go 2church because i love jesus and he loves me 2. Also in accordance wt wat d book of psalm 133:1 says, Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. U can do well 2read down
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2012
all4naija: I don't either. It is just a joke for the Christians!
me sef! Can't remember the last time I went to church! Its been years though.if I wanna pray to God,I do it in my house period!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by hardbody: 7:55am On Sep 16, 2012
I virtually attend to satisfy my family. I have always seen hypocrisy across ALL the supposed men of God from Tubercolsis Joshua to Dandy boy Chris Oyakhilome, down to Mike Okonkwo and Ashimolowo, there are all show men and con artistes, but I wont say this to my family. Let Everyman decode and decide when the reality hits them hard. I believe in God though.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by hardbody: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2012
berem: me sef! Can't remember the last time I went to church! Its been years though.if I wanna pray to God,I do it in my house period!

Let us rekindle your interest in church. Let's go today
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by Godsave9ja: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2012
I go to church because I go to church and am a christian grin grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church (Options) ? by djeezy(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2012
Going to church doesn't make you a christian, any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. Going to church alone is not a guarantee of making heaven. Some go to church for selfish and superficial reasons and do not practice what they preach. If you want to follow God, i beseech you to do so with all your heart.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Wake Up And Have Body Marks, No Clue / If Allah Is The God Of The Bible, Pls Do This... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.