Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,919 members, 7,952,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (7074 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Go To Church? by Jerryjat(m): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
Well it Saturday night and i guess my christian brothers and sisters are preparing on going to church tomorrow...

So if you don't mind, i would like to know!!!

Why you must go to church tomorrow?..

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
because the world is a hopeless place and meeting God in the church not just at home gives me hope.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
Is God not in your house?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by peteregwu(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jerry-jat:
Well it Saturday night and i guess my christian brothers and sisters are preparing on going to church tomorrow...

So if you don't mind, i would like to know!!!

Why you must go to church tomorrow?..

Why do u eat food?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
We eat food to stay alive, do you go to church to stay alive? I am really interested in knowing this, as I understand there is a difference between being religious and being spiritual. Some people go to church every sunday religiously because it is what they grew up doing, they have no idea why they are going to the church, but they are just used to it.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by peteregwu(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
slymm: We eat food to stay alive, do you go to church to stay alive? I am really interested in knowing this, as I understand there is a difference between being religious and being spiritual. Some people go to church every sunday religiously because it is what they grew up doing, they have no idea why they are going to the church, but they are just used to it.

U already know d answer...and u know it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by slymm(f): 12:20am On Jun 09, 2013
Apparently it is difficult for you to state an opinion and give reasons for the said opinion. We are not kids, statements like you already know the answer and you know it makes no sense.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
God's presence is in church. Church is great for meeting others for encouragement in our heavenly race.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kay29000(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
@Slymm, that's a pretty good question. I am a very spiritual person, but not religious, and I understand where you are coming from. Most people go to church as part of a routine on Sundays, and then they go back to doing all the normal things they do on the rest of the 6 days of the week.

Would love to have someone like you as a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
To say thank you to I AM THAT I AM. To worship God and to ask HIM to forgive my wrong in ACT and OMMISSION and to plead on behalf of my offender that HE should hv mercy on them.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by safarigirl(f): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
jacobscros: God's presence is in church. Church is great for meeting others for encouragement in our heavenly race.
this is just the height!

God's presence is in the church? Are you for real? So it's demons that are in your home?

Even the Bible says that wherever two or more are gathered in His NAME, God is there...what balderdash is your pastor feeding you abeg?

@topic" I really do not see the purpose of churching every Sunday....some days, you can stay at home and worship your God in the silence of your heart.....

Then again, people must show off their new attires

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by ashmanpolo: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
We go to CHURCH because CHURCH cannot come to us

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by NotNairalandi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
I go to church to listen to the gospel.that's the only thing.I'm too faithful not religious
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Chrisjane(f): 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
2 re-unite with God, learn more abt him and 2 live a communal life with other believers

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by supaeagles(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
to follow my lady friend ...... else she de squeeze face for me if I no go ..... she's truly wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
TO WORSHIP GOD.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by coronaprof(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
to charge my bb and share d luck of jesus

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Alexebo1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
Y do u cuk rice evri sunday ;DY do u cuk rice evri sunday
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by a1solution: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
I go to church so people will not tag me as an evil man when I perform my wonders.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by damdeloy(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
you shall know the truth and it shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Pennywise(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
1.It makes sense in this environment to go to church rather than mosque or synagogue.
2.Your presence in church is a valued contribution to an important social support system we have. You never know when you are going to die or lose a loved one.
3.If you are lucky to have a good pastor, you may find his preaching helpful in trying situations whether in business or family.
4.Good and lasting friendships and business contacts have been known to originate in the church.
5.Some people are never comfortable until they voice their problems to a listening ear. In a world where you are never really sure who your true friends are, it makes sense to trust the clergy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
the word of God says 'do not forget the gathering of the brethren'

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
slymm: Is God not in your house?
God said we shouldn't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Asides the fact that we've been commanded to, it builds our hope and faith in God. There are things one wouldn't be able to go through if they were all by themselves at home. But being in the midst of like-minded people makes it easier for for us to keep holding unto a God we can't see. There are many times I'd not feel like going to church and would come up with all kinds of excuses not to go. But somehow, if I overcome all those excuses and make it to church, I almost always return home refreshed and a better person.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
slymm: We eat food to stay alive, do you go to church to stay alive? I am really interested in knowing this, as I understand there is a difference between being religious and being spiritual. Some people go to church every sunday religiously because it is what they grew up doing, they have no idea why they are going to the church, but they are just used to it.
True, but a sincerely spiritual Christian would know that it is necessary to go to church. We need other Christians around us you know.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
jacobscros: God's presence is in church. Church is great for meeting others for encouragement in our heavenly race.
God's presence is inside of you if you're a Christian.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by sholay2011(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
OP, are you a christian? Because if you are not, this thread is not useful cos you wont see the wisdom in the answers people would give you, especially true christians.

The bible says we shouldnt forsake the gathering of the brethren. If you are not convinced, ask the pope. cool
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Liverpoolfc: To say thank you to I AM THAT I AM. To worship God and to ask HIM to forgive my wrong in ACT and OMMISSION and to plead on behalf of my offender that HE should hv mercy on them.
You can thank God everywhere and you can seek forgiveness wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
To worship God though this can also be done @ home,
to know more about the word of God. There are some messages that ll be ministerd in another way or just to get more understanding.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Alex ebo: Y do u cuk rice evri sunday ;DY do u cuk rice evri sunday
Not everyone cooks rice every Sunday.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
TO SEE JESUS wink
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by LivingSaint(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Go on, show your skills, religious or spiritual. Must you have a logical reason for anything? Why then are you alive?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Book Of Galatians (The "Righteous" Shall Live by Faith) / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / Islam's Perspective On Anal, MouthAction, Sex Positions Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.