Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? (1634 Views)

Kelloggs Setting Example For Nigerian Companies To Emulate / Ptf Road Project Score Under Liberial True Nigerian Leader Buhari / Can A Nigerian Leader Lay Such Precedence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by Bibi(m): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2005
Would you "Emulate" anyone after they die?

I noticed that Nigeria is filled with psycophants. Anytime a popular person dies, there is lots of eulogising in the papers and everybody advising everybody to "emulate" this dead person. These are the same people who would have snubbed the dead man when he was alive, calling him thief, or maybe the guy also, we know how well he has drained Nigerian economy, etc.

Would you emulate any Nigerian leader? If yes, who would you choose to "emulate"?
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by obong(m): 1:25am On Aug 01, 2005
Donald Duke
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by Seun(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2005
Why Donald Duke? Was he not born with a silver spoon in his mouth?
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by obong(m): 1:54am On Aug 01, 2005
I think he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, as were a lot of people, but he seems to be doing something grand for his state despite its meager resources. His father's riches shouldnt be a strike against him, its merely an accident of birth. Besides, to whom much is given, much is expected, and i feel he delivers

I like him because his has taken little and done a lot with it. I've always admired that in leaders
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by Chxta(m): 7:36am On Aug 01, 2005
Sani Abacha, minus the lack of focus. Nigeria actually needs an iron fist. If only the man had a sense of direction...
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by angelak(f): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2005
Obong, you are so right? Donald Duke is the only Nigerian Leader i can emulate. I feel his the only Governor that is delivering .He has done so much for Cross River State . He is so intelligent, hardworking and besides so handsome. cheesy
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by legry(m): 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2005
IBB
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by hotangel2(f): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2005
None of them.
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by obong(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2005
angela k, you think he's handsome huh? Perhaps thats how he gets his way. Studies have shown handsome men are more successful in life.

Yeah the guy has done a lot for that place and it makes me proud whenever i visit. I just hope th next guy is as good
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by angelak(f): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2005
Obong, that's a Calabar name if i am not mistaken. I am from Calabar too. Hello brother! About handsome guys being successful, you are 98% correct! I do hope the next governor works at his pace and keeps the current standards such as cleanliest, free Christmas festival /entertainments, Christmas village etc.
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by obong(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2005
Yes, obong is a calabar name. But thats not my real name, sha. I grew up in calabar and lagos and whenever i return to calabar i see great things he's done. can't wait for the tinapa project to be finished. The cleanliness is a major plus, and its bound to continue since he has a program in place that makes sure th eplace is cleaned daily

when were you there last?
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by angelak(f): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2005
Was there last week.
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by obong(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2005
Great. I was there last year. my mom is there now. she just got internet access at home and is excited since she can keep up with us better now
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by olaide07(f): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2005
IBB
Re: Any Nigerian Leader You Would Emulate? by cushman(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2005
Late Gen. Sani Abacha

(1) (Reply)

Your Greatest Regret(s) / Igbos To Float Diaspora Fund And Spare Parts Factory / I Think Questionmarkmag.com Is Just A Dumb Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.