Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread (6340 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / Picture Of Baker Sleeping On A Bed Of Bread / Bakers Square - Show Us Your Cake Designs Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by samie4luv(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
The President of the Association of Master Bakers and Caterers, Lagos State Chapter, Jacob Adejorin, said on Monday that bakers had to increase the price of bread so as not to run at a loss. Adejorin asked customers to bear with the bakers over the hike.

“It is not our desire to make life uncomfortable for members of the public. We have seriously considered them before increasing the price of our products,” he said.

He said that ingredients used in the production of bread have become too expensive for bakers.

The master baker said that a bag of wheat is now being sold for N7, 100 as against the previous price of N5, 750; while a bag of sugar is now N9, 000 from N5, 000.

“Many of our members have gone out of business. Some of them have been forced to return to their villages, while others have taken to other businesses,” he said.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43956--bakers-apologise-for-increasing-the-price-of-bread
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by lavita2(f): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
so?
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by spothot: 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
...now we know how it affects the price of garri
LOL....

1 Like

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Masta01(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nd the price of water grin
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by NobleAngell(f): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2012
lavita2: so?
Exactly, Soooo?
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by buchibabe: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
Na wao. Even d one wey poor pple dey managae hold body don increase too. Naija I hail thee
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by chii8(f): 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
Can you imagine?they are apologizing and they actually knew what an average Nigerian has to suffer becos of this,anyway i have already bought my pack of cabin biscuits
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Super1759: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
What of gala and garri association. Let them come and apologise grin grin grin
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
at least price of something don reduce=====================> wink
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Deiok(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
You see. Atlest all the talk wey garriteam don dey talk nor waste. Soon we go go to fuel after garri and it siblings price don reduce.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2012
But the price wasn't much nau! Just 20naira increase.I thought it was going to be like 100naira increase? All the same nothing stops me from eating my delicious agege bread. grin
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by gulfer: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
So they must do a comparative increase to a loaf of bread and reduce the quality and quantity at the same time? Well I have stopped eating the rubbish they sell as bread especially the popular Agege bread.

1 Like

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by hillsate: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
Bakers, no be una fault. GEJ only wanted to punish Nigerians for insulting one of his wives, Patience for developing big tommy due to over ingestion of cassava bread. Now he is forcing us to eat thesame cassava bread by increasing import tariff for wheat.

I dey rumour say she went for tommy tuck that went bad. Let's pray she gets well at least GEJ may lift the punishment when he sees Patience with flat tommy.

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by sexiestharam(f): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
This thread reminds me of something that makes me laugh. The price of ... lipsrsealed
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Flakeey(f): 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
our president had said we would be eating cassava bread...
hmmm garri-bread grin

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by toluxa1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
sexiestharam: This thread reminds me of something that makes me laugh. The price of ... lipsrsealed

Laugh? This is not a laughing matter o, not only bread, but even the price of GARRI in the market and Cassava bread has increased greatly. May God help us.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Foxybone(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
And how does this affect the price of.....**Una know na** in the market grin grin grin
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by olsmade(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
We also apologise for reducing our patronage.

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Dee60: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
Our President endorses everything. After eating all the cassava inside Garri, he now wants us to eat more Cassava inside bread!! What a pity! At least his administration has achieved 2 things - Increasing the price of petrol and the price of bread (2 essential commodities) within his first 18 months.

With his new N5000 note, he might as well increase the price of everything with one single action.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by remoranger(m): 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
so, how does this affect prices at d G4 conference?
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by feelamong(m): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm So it means the price of my Agege will go up by 20% angry

well, cassava bread; here we come! But GEJ must go in for this!
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
The hell hole is becoming more 'Hellish'.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by emilyone(f): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
increase in price of bread will automatically affect the price of garri in the market
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by inspirenet: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
ok
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Leobreezy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
Apologize ko, apolo ni? Will they reduce the price back 2 its initial amount? They want 2 make sure dat d hoi polloi has nothing 2 eat abi? Silly fat cows!! They'll rue their actions soon.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by odizzy: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
Not again, wen price of garri increased, garri sockers almost ran mad in Nairaland, askin wen it will reduce @evry post, due to no answer 4 the price of garri, made dem ran to agege bread and now dis. Guyz dnt be suprise to see questions like dis at evry post" DOES THIS REDUCE THE PRICE OF BREAD IN THE MARKET? dnt wori, is still dsam garri committe of frndz. Tanks
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by Super1759: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2012
Foxybone: And how does this affect the price of.....**Una know na** in the market grin grin grin
sexiestharam: This thread reminds me of something that makes me laugh. The price of ... lipsrsealed
the fear of MUKINA (the angel of whip) is the begining of sanity in NL grin grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by gabriel74: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmmmm Garri and Bread Na Waoo Increasing gradually.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by odizzy: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Super1759: the fear of MUKINA (the angel of whip) is the begining of sanity in NL grin grin grin grin cheesy
pls who is mukina, nd wot is his duty in NL so dat me sef no go fall victim o

1 Like

Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by gulfer: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
gabriel74: Hmmmmm Garri and Bread Na Waoo Increasing gradually.
I wonder when the Harvard scholars will come to Nigeria to study inflation growth at its best; this government continues to play around the self-destruct button with all its policies and their aftermaths.
Re: Bakers Apologise For Increasing Price Of Bread by SeunshackGarri: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ceteris paribus, as the demand for cassava in the production of diverse products increases without a corresponding increase in its supply, the price of the commodity will increase at an increasing rate, in the short term, until an optimum point is reached after which the demand will fall due to its price elasticity and availability of close substitutes (Garri)

I am sorry to say comrades, but in the short run the price of Garri will also be affected as more suppliers will prefer the high sales price at the bakery. To mitigate this, Initiate Procedure 254, Section 27 of our Survival kit (2012 Edition). However, in the long term there will be an increased demand of our product.

So keep the frying pans turning and shut in 60% of production pending the Christmas holiday.

- General Seun ShaGarri

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Health Benefits Of Pork Meat. Why You Should Eat Pork Meat / Suya Spice Recipe? / Top 3 Food That Can Enlarge Your Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.