Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife (1111 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife by ujoatu(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2012
I have been married for 3yrs.am based in Owerri,a public a Senior public servant and my wife is a lagos based banker.

We have planned her relocation severally but are restrained from doing so without her getting a job here.I have even tried getting jobs in lagos just to join her and my 13month old son to no avail.the bank has promised transfer to no end but with the death of their boss and entry of a strong man every one in the bank is jittery.

My income is respectable but not enough while hers is close to mine.we desire a job for her even with less pay.

Pls Nairalanders help your words can help
Re: Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Sep 05, 2012
Is it possible for you, and your wife, to, before moving, take, maybe 6-12 months to save up as much as you can to sustain you two for at least 6 months after the move?
Re: Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife by ujoatu(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2012
chaircover: It all depends on how important your living together under the same roof is to both of you.

If it is very important and top priority and you are both prepared to slug it out, then you are both going to have to sit down and see where you can cut costs enough so that you can live on your salary alone for the time being and she moves down to owerri.

I dont know if you are renting or have your own property but if you are renting, you may want to wait until your rent is due and move to a smaller apartment.

When she gets to owerri, then she can start actively looking for a job, even if it isn't in her field and of a lower salary just to get her in the workforce and supplement your income. She can also use some of her spare time to learn something else such as baking, event management, fashion design, bead making, catering, cocktails, hats and fascinators, start her own creche etc, if any of these are things that interest her and she will he able to in time make some money and add it to whatever small income she gets from a lower paying job. she may even do so well that she decides to make it a full time business.

If she still decides that she wants to go back into banking she can still look around. This time she is at an advantage because She is on ground & her business would have also exposed her to another set of people, bearing in mind that getting jobs sometimes depends on who knows who.

But like i said earlier, it all depends on commitment and how much both are you are prepared to give up for some time till you both get back on your feet. I personally subscribe to couples being together and if it is only garri that they can afford, let then drink the garri together. na for better for worse. United we stand, divided we fall . . . no be so? smiley

Thanks a lot CHAIRCOVER.
WE have been thinking in that line
Re: Do I Relocate My Family Without A Job For My Wife by blank(f): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2012
It sounds very idealistic to say move and start looking for another job.
Owerri get as e be and corporate jobs are not that easy to get there.
Except she is ready to go into business fulltime, she should still work her transfer to Owerri.
A friend of mine got someone in Lagos who wanted to relocate to Benin to switch with her, your wife can do likewise.
You know banks are not recruiting the way they used to recruit in times past.
Its not just about talking to her boss, there are other means to effect the transfer.

Living on one income can be very hard and the wife can get very frustrated.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here / Should Our Kids Still Bear Our Surnames / Thread For Babyosisi To Show Her Legs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.