Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,985 members, 7,956,677 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here (1127 Views)

Superstitious Believe People Believe Till Date / Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours. / ‘women Should Stop Being Superstitious’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nigerians are good when it comes to Superstitious Belief.. I believe everyone of us grow up with one or more of this belief.. Share them here..

Post yours too.. "Don't whistle in the sun, if u do snake will come out from their hiding

don't Drink The Water ƒяσм A Coconut Else Уσυ Automatically Become An Olodo

Don't let people jump over u, lest u become short.

if you put your eye lashes in your parents shoe,it will make dem foget d offence u commited.

Don't run from a car other wise it will pursue u lol

Don't eat any food that falls on d floor,satan has eating it.

if ur teacher flogs u, rub d spot wit fowl Shit,his/her will swell d next day .

if u spit on the floor and someone stepped on it you'll have sore throat

Don't Flog Boys with Broom, else their Kokoro (D!ck) will start getting Small..

hahahahahahah laugh wan burst my tommy....... oya guys add yoursssssssss.
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by OmoAlata(f): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
I've never heard of any of these before. They sound silly grin

My mum always forbade us to whistle in the night as it would call in witches shocked
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by feminineA: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
Anytime I offend my grannie or dad and am told I will be punished for it. Will put my eyelashes on their slippers or shoe they will forget funny though it works sometimes
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by JallowBah(f): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
I am not nigerian, ut we have some in my country toowink

Dont whistle at the northern light, or it will circle up around you, and draw you to the sky

Don`t swim under the bridge at night in wintertime, or the troll will catch you

Look out for the Huldra ( a female form in the woods, thiefing youngsters and men.. ) in the evenings, don`t go alone in the woods

At lakes in the mountains, never go close to them in evening/night-time Noekken ( a creature living in the lake ) will drag you under

If you make too much faces, your face will change into them ( as in putting your tounge out all the time, suddenly it will stay that way )
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
Lol jallowbah, I tell my kids that everytime especially when they frown angry

I have few ;

Don't whistle at night or the snakes will come out

Don't cross a preggy's legs when she's sitting or the baby will resemble you...I always do that when they're not looking grin

Then somehow I believe there is a grupy old troll under the bridge 5 blocks from my house so I take another route after 10pm ....I know I'm weird undecided
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by moonbaby(f): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
jidegirl12: Lol jallowbah,

Don't cross a preggy's legs when she's sitting or the baby will resemble you...I always do that when they're not looking grin

@ Jidegirl12

Very mean lady...LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
If you nyansh a girl, she will get pregnant. (8
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 24, 2012
moonbaby:

@ Jidegirl12

Very mean lady...LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know! grin grin
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
JallowBah: I am not nigerian, ut we have some in my country toowink

Dont whistle at the northern light, or it will circle up around you, and draw you to the sky

Don`t swim under the bridge at night in wintertime, or the troll will catch you

Look out for the Huldra ( a female form in the woods, thiefing youngsters and men.. ) in the evenings, don`t go alone in the woods

At lakes in the mountains, never go close to them in evening/night-time Noekken ( a creature living in the lake ) will drag you under

If you make too much faces, your face will change into them ( as in putting your tounge out all the time, suddenly it will stay that way )

u must be an Africana
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by JallowBah(f): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2012
wazlee:

u must be an Africana

Nope.
Re: Nigerians & Superstitious Belief, Share Yours Here by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2012
Lol,there are some amusing stuffs i heard from mumsy while growing up.she said if you get married and you have sex in the afternoon and you get preggy,you'll give birth to an albino and if you stand while eating you will not be satisfied,if you are alone at home and you hear your name,dont answer otherwise you will loose your voice and if you mistakenly answered say i didn't answer and some other stuffs like that i can't remember

(1) (Reply)

Should Our Kids Still Bear Our Surnames / How To Solve Communication Problems With Your Partner. / Free Ride Habit - Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.