Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers (9861 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Nigeria Suspends Gambian National Airline Over Ebola Virus / Nigeria Suspends Dana Air Licence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by Pergrace: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Nashville:

The bolded part is the reason why corruption is entrentched in the Nigerian system. You have sold your conscience along with the looters. Any and everything is justifiable as long as it leads to financial gains. But at whose expense?

Guy, there is more to life than financial gain and that is what you fools do not understand. You gain financially by defrauding millions of people of their dues. One day, your deeds will catch up with you and you will be "roasted" with people like Jimoh!

Life is not all about financial gain, especially if it is illegitimate and morally wrong! Jimoh has no business ethics and should be in jail. Sooner than later he will rot in hell!

Well said bros
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by sweettoyo: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
he believes he knows everything. gud for him
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by icon8: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
There he goes again: Names dropping! You knew him and Abacha in your wild dreams, huh?
[b][/b]
Billyonaire: I am not holding brief for Jimoh Ibrahim, I knew him after the death of Abacha at VGC, but he was doing his job well as a legal counsel, If I was in his position I would never reject financial gains associated with having friends in higher places. But he seems to me like a nice guy and capitalist in business. Business has its rules and ethics, and I do not think he has contravened those. This world is a paradox of connections and currency, none of which are emotional. Jimoh is a greedy business man and he hasnt contravened any business ethics, he owns Air Nigeria, and he can decide to close it down for ever. The Government is making arrangement to flag another national carrier, lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
faithin9ja: Jimoh!!!! He has collected billions from FG for repairs to aircraft, collected billions from financial institutions to purchase the airline in the first place and now he will just close it down.

Wow, this sort of thing gives capitalism a bad name.

Welcome to the world were profits are privatized and losses are socialized.
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kx: Massive investments suspended becos of mere staff disloyalty?

Why dont they just come out and declare bankruptcy instead of coloring it?

I nefa hear dis kain tin before. Now, you wouldn't want to employ a former Air Nigeria staff.

Nashville:

God bless you. He is worse than the Russian Oligarchs. Jimoh is the biggest fraud in Nigeria. Why does he always run down anything he buys within two years?

He borrowed money from UBA with Air Nigeria Assets as collateral. UBA in turn got AMCON to finance the purchase with the same Assets as collateral. All Jimoh has done in the last two years is get all the cash out of Air Nigeria and leave it to die. Now he has all the cash, he will just walk away.

What is going to happen to the loans? AMCON will take back all the assets of Air Nigeria and try to sell them at a huge loss. Who gets all the money? Jimoh and his corrupt government friends. Who are the losers? Taxpayers.

God will punish these people. Jimoh is worse than Oil Subsidy thieves because he is even putting lives at risk by not investing in the aircrafts/airline he purchased!

Thank you!, that is simple economics that Nairaland's so called "billyonaire" failed to grasp. I seriously doubt if he's a true billionaire.
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by beldcat(m): 3:34am On Sep 06, 2012
hmmm....d rich also cry,
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by gator666: 10:01am On Sep 06, 2012
A person who fails to pay his employees for 4-5 months in a row has no right whatsoever to call names and complain of employees disloyalty. What happened to the loyalty towards the employee?! Loyalty works both ways.
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by Bobajo(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
What billions? Nothing he has not made back from the Intervention fund given to the aviation sector. Nor be God save person say this guy nor by mistake become Gov of Ondo State?

Billyonaire: Jimoh [b]has invested billions [/b]into that Airline, and decided to ground it for 12 months. His reasons are best known to him and the shareholders and not to you haterz. In business, we fail many times. I can count failing in 9 out of 10 business trials, but the success in the remaining one can catapult you into the Eldorado of Wealth. I hate to see people talking trash against someone that should be pitied for a loss. If it was easy to gain Abacha's favor and become a billionaire, why didn't you all or your parents do it. People, please think right.
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by gureje: 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
My people, the fact is to confirm about our received money from those betrayer agency. They collected money in U.S DOLLAR for international trip up till now i cannot get my money back. "Ole u no go fit chop ahuwa money free ooo...
Re: Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers by ohzee(f): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
I always told my husband who used to admire the man's "success" story that the guy is just a noisy fraudster and that soon his ill gotten empire will collapse like a pack of cards.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Random Pictures ( after the nairaland wipe out) / My East Africa - South Africa Tour / Emirates Ban: FG Announces Possible Resumption Of Flights To UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.