Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer (922 Views)

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / A Picture Of A Church Owner & A Church Goer / Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer by Encoredme(m): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2012
Christians in Nigeria are perpetual church goers! They can go to church every day of the week all in the name of praying and getting close to God. Early Monday morning when they should be headed to work you see them singing and clapping at the church.whenever i personally see this, i feel sick inside. You know why? Because
Christians are kingdom citizens,not some religious sect members and kingdom citizens dont huddle up in a church.
As christians,we are supposed to change and impact society,not passively live in it.
God sent his only Son to serve us,we are to serve the society by teaching kingdom principles,not watch while the devil controls the world and
Christ did not go through all the trouble of dying on a cross so that you and i can have a splendid praise and worship session, die and go to heaven. No! He died so He could restore the kingdom of God back on earth as it was during the time of Adam.
Pastors are meant to equip believers to go into the world and fulfill the great commission by changing society for the better. This is done by helping them find their sphere of influence, that is, where they are most relevant in the society. The church is meant to be a place of building and equipping for impact, not just tithe paying and dancing!
More @ www.kaizen2day..com
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 05, 2012
Thank you for this article.

Going to church is now the latest fad in town, with buzz words such as come to my church, you will like my church, we are lucky to be in this church , in this church we peach only holiness and the list goes on and on.

What many fail to realise is that WE are the church, the BODY of Christ and we have a mission , a mission to preach the TRUE GOSPEL.

What is the TRUE GOSPEL ?

"Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near." - Matthew 3:2

God's Kingdom is coming to earth , the new heaven and the new earth after this present one is purified with fire and destruction of ungodly men.

Through the victorious last Adam , our Lord of Lords and Messiah King Jesus, God is going to restore the earth again to it's former glory, no more death, no more pain , no more suffering and no more wars just as he had originally intended before the fall of the first Adam.

Our duty is to ask Men to willingly partake of this new Kingdom by repentance from SIN and all wickedness. In other words to bring as many as possible into this new kingdom so that they will escape the wrath of GOD and avoid partaking of the eternal second death.

Come out of this world's system which is tainted with evil, sin and wickedness, come into the new Kingdom, the Kingdom of God which is an everlasting one.

Daniel 2:44 "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever

Matthew 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near

Matthew 10:7 As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'

Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

What happens if we continue in our sins and refuse to accept God's offer of invitation ?

"The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil." - Matthew 13:41

If we all preach this GOOD NEWS in unity the denominational barriers will come crumbling down and the church will again become united just like the early church.

Acts 17:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer by Encoredme(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2012
Thank u so much for that input and yet i would like to correct some misconceptions people have about the kingdom of God.when Jesus came,he brought the kingdom with him and gave it the assignment of establishing that kingdom on earth to us(christians).it is not necessary that we preach the word with our mouths but effective witnessing is preaching with our lifestlyles
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2012
Encoredme: Thank u so much for that input and yet i would like to correct some misconceptions people have about the kingdom of God.when Jesus came,he brought the kingdom with him and gave it the assignment of establishing that kingdom on earth to us(christians).it is not necessary that we preach the word with our mouths but effective witnessing is preaching with our lifestlyles

Absolutely !

The Kingdom of GOD exists and always has, but will be established on earth, very very soon.

God Bless.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be A Church Goer by Encoredme(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2012
That is if u and i put in our efforts at working hard at doing so

(1) (Reply)

I Feel God Far From Me. What Do I Do? / I Am Offered Aed 20.000 (n855.000) To Become A Muslim / People That Will Miss The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.