Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People (36833 Views)

Things Successful People That Differentiate Them From Ordinary / 15 Surprising Ways Rich People Think Differently / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
I'm rich biatch!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
The rich can't afford the messages of gloom and doom from the middle class hence their disassociation. How spectacular!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
skydeep: And how about those that were poor before they became rich. How do they think?

They thought the way of the rich, they examined the poverty around them and how people wallowed in it and how they always made excuses about being ok with it. They knew they wanted out and worked towards it.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by ajf(m): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2012
2mch:

These two points are a contradiction. Formal education and self education are almost the same thing. Where we draw the line is thinking outside of the box. life is not textbook.I think being rich is when opportunity meets preparation, hardwork and a dream. Besides the richest woman in the world inherited her money. She just used the already made connections by her fore fathers to build on the wealth. The real people that deserve the praise are those dead men who made something out of nothing.
Thought I was the only one that noticed...
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by bigx(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Poster is seeking for trouble, some people are visibly enraged grin

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
millionairemind: What drives the rich to make more money is different from what drives the rich, the poor man sees making money as a struggle or calls it hustle as the case may be whilst the rich see it as fun and derive pleasure in doing what it takes...shikina

Spot on.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by miredia(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
XtremeBase:

They thought the way of the rich, they examined the poverty around them and how people wallowed in it and how they always made excuses about being ok with it. They knew they wanted out and worked towards it.
Not applicable in all situations, u might want out, work extremely hard towards it and still not get out.The richest people aren't the hardest workers, or the savviest. There is no standard benchmark for being rich. It simply takes grace and favour. These two elements compliments all other subsequent factors like hardwork, education, time, chance, planning, Prudence and a tonne of others.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: You can do business with other people's money without putting a dime of your own, credit facilities are a clear example. Do you know about Private Placement Programmes and High Yield bullet alternative Investments ? Knowledge makes the difference
@Bill, please tell 'em
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
miredia: Not applicable in all situations, u might want out, work extremely hard towards it and still not get out.The richest people aren't the hardest workers, or the savviest. There is no standard benchmark for being rich. It simply takes grace and favour. These two elements compliments all other subsequent factors like hardwork, education, time, chance, planning, Prudence and a tonne of others.

You misunderstand me, when i say work towards it, i don't exactly mean they must all toil towards it, they could achieve that status by various means.,

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by bigx(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
miredia: The rich can't afford the messages of gloom and doom from the middle class hence their disassociation. How spectacular!

And accurate! No, I'm not rich (I dont have a private jet yet) but when I started distancing myself from complainers and "country hard" moaners, life started getting better. Experts at making excuses for everything usually remain poor.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
bigx:

And accurate! No, I'm not rich (I dont have a private jet yet) but when I started distancing myself from complainers and "country hard" moaners, life started getting better. Experts at making excuses for everything usually remain poor.

You are getting the drift. Honestly, I cannot even believe that the organisation I partially-run even exists. It doesn't make any sense on paper. However, if you are willing to focus on your dreams and work hard to make them reality, you can perform minor-miracles which hopefully will lead to the bigger ones.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by 2sexy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
schorlbone: Good article anyway, but IMO, I think no one is capable of making riches by his actions or inaction. I believe God gives riches to whoever he likes and vice versa...... Right?
That's where many people make mistakes... Erase that mentality before it's too late. There rules to being wealthy... That article gave it. From the comment so far, I see why Nigerians will continue to wallow in 'No Money' economy.

'The rich acquire assets and the poor acquire liability' -- Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad , Poor Dad.

3 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by maclatunji: 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2012
Acidosis: Pls do you have ebook on this??

No. You have the article online already, what are you looking for an e-book for?
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by etchel(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2012
cool
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by vislabraye(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
There's a lot of truth in what was said. I think exposure and being in the right place at the right time is very vital. Ones attitude is also very important as the writer has mentioned.

But how many rich people are clean? Or did not commit one fraud or the other? Look at the Iboris, Abacha , even MKO. Can you say they are clean? How would you feel if one of them start talking to you as if they re some kind of geniuses or rare species from outer space?

Overall, there are very honest people who are still very rich. I think you can be honest and still rich.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by God2man(m): 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
maclatunji: 11. Average people believe the markets are driven by logic and strategy. Rich people know they're driven by emotion and greed.

Investing successfully in the stock market isn't just about a fancy math formula.

"The rich know that the primary emotions that drive financial markets are fear and greed, and they factor this into all trades and trends they observe," Siebold writes.

"This knowledge of human nature and its overlapping impact on trading give them strategic advantage in building greater wealth through leverage."

12. Average people live beyond their means.
Rich people live below theirs.

"Here's how to live below your means and tap into the secret wealthy people have used for centuries: Get rich so you can afford to," he writes.

"The rich live below their means, not because they're so savvy, but because they make so much money that they can afford to live like royalty while still having a king's ransom socked away for the future."

13. Average people teach their children how to survive. Rich people teach their kids to get rich.

Rich parents teach their kids from an early age about the world of "haves" and "have-nots," Siebold says. Even he admits many people have argued that he's supporting the idea of elitism.

He disagrees.

"[People] say parents are teaching their kids to look down on the masses because they're poor. This isn't true," he writes. "What they're teaching their kids is to see the world through the eyes of objective reality––the way society really is."

If children understand wealth early on, they'll be more likely to strive for it later in life.

14. Average people let money stress them out.
Rich people find peace of mind in wealth.

The reason wealthy people earn more wealth is that they're not afraid to admit that money can solve most problems, Siebold says.

"[The middle class] sees money as a never-ending necessary evil that must be endured as part of life. The world class sees money as the great liberator, and with enough of it, they are able to purchase financial peace of mind."

15. Average people would rather be entertained than educated.
Rich people would rather be educated than entertained.

While the rich don't put much stock in furthering wealth through formal education, they appreciate the power of learning long after college is over, Siebold says.

"Walk into a wealthy person's home and one of the first things you'll see is an extensive library of books they've used to educate themselves on how to become more successful," he writes.

"The middle class reads novels, tabloids and entertainment magazines."

16. Average people think rich people are snobs. Rich people just want to surround themselves with like-minded people.

The negative money mentality poisoning the middle class is what keeps the rich hanging out with the rich, he says.

"[Rich people] can't afford the messages of doom and gloom," he writes. "This is often misinterpreted by the masses as snobbery.

Labeling the world class as snobs is another way the middle class finds to feel better bout themselves and their chosen path of mediocrity."

17. Average people focus on saving.
Rich people focus on earning.

Siebold theorizes that the wealthy focus on what they'll gain by taking risks, rather than how to save what they have.

"The masses are so focused on clipping coupons and living frugally they miss major opportunities," he writes.

"Even in the midst of a cash flow crisis, the rich reject the nickle and dime thinking of the masses. They are the masters of focusing their mental energy where it belongs: on the big money."

18. Average people play it safe with money
. Rich people know when to take risks.

"Leverage is the watchword of the rich," Siebold writes.

"Every investor loses money on occasion, but the world class knows no matter what happens, they will aways be able to earn more."

19. Average people love to be comfortable. Rich people find comfort in uncertainty.

For the most part, it takes guts to take the risks necessary to make it as a millionaire––a challenge most middle class thinkers aren't comfortable living with.

"Physical, psychological, and emotional comfort is the primary goal of the middle class mindset," Siebold writes.

World class thinkers learn early on that becoming a millionaire isn't easy and the need for comfort can be devastating. They learn to be comfortable while operating in a state of ongoing uncertainty."

20. Average people never make the connection between money and health. Rich people know money can save your life.

While the middle class squabbles over the virtues of Obamacare and their company's health plan, the super wealthy are enrolled in a super elite "boutique medical care" association, Siebold says.

"They pay a substantial yearly membership fee that guarantees them 24-hour access to a private physician who only serves a small group of members," he writes.

"Some wealthy neighborhoods have implemented this strategy and even require the physician to live in the neighborhood."

21. Average people believe they must choose between a great family and being rich. Rich people know you can have it all.

The idea the wealth must come at the expense of family time is nothing but a "cop-out", Siebold says.

"The masses have been brainwashed to believe it's an either/or equation," he writes. "The rich know you can have anything you want if you approach the challenge with a mindset rooted in love and abundance."

From Steve Siebold, author of "How Rich People Think."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-ways-rich-people-think-differently.html?page=2
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by samkoro: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
miredia: Sir, the rich man in skokie Illinois has a different eating culture from the billionaire from hadieja jigawa. It's pretty straight forward isn't it?

U are very very on point.Don't mind these x with lost identity.Have u seen Obj eat amala,or dangote eat tuwo shinkafa.Eating with knife ,Bleep and chop sticks are matters of ettiquetes for some foods and some functions;convenience also matters,there are situations I just can't use my bare hands for eba.There no hard and fast rules about it in Nigeria provided u don't eat rice with bare hands or find yourself in Buckingham Palace.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
I do agree with most of the points raised in this article. Points 2, 14, 15 and 17 especially. No single mega-rich person can possess all of the "qualities" listed here, but just having one or two can definitely give u the push to make it in life. D so called lower class need to shift their attitude a bit. At d end of the day, that's what all these traits are - attitudes and how u view life. I don't believe in luck. Like the writer said, find ur passion and let it make money for u.
That said, d so called richest woman shld sit somehwr jare, afterall all she did was inherit her late father's company. She keeps getting bad press anytime she opens her mouth!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by email1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
Thanks Tunji, this article is just so on point! Now I know better. If for three decades he was trying to put this piece together, who am I to reject it? I mean its just so crystal clear. No. 7, 8 made more sense to me but the whole article is what I'll copy, print and look at each passing day till I acquire that status.

Hey watch, am coming through! Hahahahaha.

I also love the arguement against the article, I mean, it really tells the class and mindset. Its in the mind, its in the mindset. I REFUSE TO BE AVERAGE! No be curse.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
schorlbone: Good article anyway, but IMO, I think no one is capable of making riches by his actions or inaction. I believe God gives riches to whoever he likes and vice versa...... Right?
Wrong!!!

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
Speeches and motivational messages are okay, but one has to break-away from the 9-5 salary cycle and do away with the W2 mentality before one can make a giant leap into the risky world of investment where enterprise minds belong.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by oladayo042: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
God2man:
So you quoted that epistle to say nothing? SMH!
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by email1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
At first when I read your post I thought you were a lady but seeing you are a man makes it more annoying. I understand your point and possible frustration. Most churches see it from your point of view no doubt.
My advice to you is to read the prosperity and riches aspect of the Bible more, love it, understand God wants you to prosper, understand what the Bible meant when God called you a son as well as a 'god' (Psalms 82:6), visualize yourself in great wealth still serving God and giving for His work to continue. I mean, you are not to small to give God and your local assembly N100,000,000,000.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Peterpan1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
Gud point,i solely agree wit it except the selfishness aspect,common lets face d fact here,wat shall it profit a man if he gains the world and loses his soul.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by uceee(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
She is just too right men. Am not rich yet though.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: I think it's bullshyte.
Rich people don't think differently from ordinary people. They like to put a spin on things, like they are mavericks or something. Fat chance. They just have some advantage or opportunity that's not available to everyone else. Many times it is not of their own doing, just circumstance that puts them in a position to make money.

Rich people also don't believe in fairness and equity. Always willing to go the extra mile, even dishonestly. What you would normally find reprehensible, or morally impossible, rich people have no problem doing it.

Imagine that woman blaming the middle class for drinking and socializing. Who throws elaborate and expensive parties more than rich people?

Poor mentality is a disease. You have clearly indicated where you belong.

I cannot blame you because you were born with that mentality. ''Only you can change you''.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by vislabraye(m): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
e-mail:
At first when I read your post I thought you were a lady but seeing you are a man makes it more annoying. I understand your point and possible frustration. Most churches see it from your point of view no doubt.
My advice to you is to read the prosperity and riches aspect of the Bible more, love it, understand God wants you to prosper, understand what the Bible meant when God called you a son as well as a 'god' (Psalms 82:6), visualize yourself in great wealth still serving God and giving for His work to continue. I mean, you are not to small to give God and your local assembly N100,000,000,000.

You speak like someone who's versed in the scripture. I like that.
God can make someone rich without fraud or dishonesty. Solomon is a good example and several others.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
bigx:

Even the author Robert Greene of 48 laws of power, also said one should never be associated with gloomy or miserable people. They always try to rub it on you and give an excuse for every single thing. They never think to be the change they need.

1 Like

Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by isaco(m): 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
omodapson: @poster, what do you mean by 'ordinary' ppl? I think that word is demeaning. Let me ask, are you rich? If not, it would be right for me to call you ordinary?
Abeg rephrase your topic. Thanks.
So you dont believe some people are ordinary while some are special.
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Too much theories.
There are no rules/specific ways of thinking that guarantees you wealth.

I do not know if you are a Christian or not. If yes, have you ever come across a passage which says ''As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he''? What does that statement mean to you?

Think rich and become rich, think poor and become poor. Moreover, was any man born with a Dollar bill in his hands

What then decides at birth how rich a person will be when he grows up
Re: 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People by XtremeBase(f): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
vivacious vivi: I do agree with most of the points raised in this article. Points 2, 14, 15 and 17 especially. No single mega-rich person can possess all of the "qualities" listed here, but just having one or two can definitely give u the push to make it in life. D so called lower class need to shift their attitude a bit. At d end of the day, that's what all these traits are - attitudes and how u view life. I don't believe in luck. Like the writer said, find ur passion and let it make money for u.
That said, d so called richest woman shld sit somehwr jare, afterall all she did was inherit her late father's company. She keeps getting bad press anytime she opens her mouth!

Fine, she inherited her father's company, but with her attitude and views she has been able to sustain it. It takes someone with the guts, mind and balls to sustain such wealth and maintain its growth. She would always get bad press from the middle class who would always want to paint the rich bad, but her fellow world class elites couldnt agree more with her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / Female Welder, Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Nigerian Statisticians/Analysts Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.