Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist (11871 Views)

Bayelsa Polls: 4 Killed In Oporoma As Ex-Militants, Others Open Fire On LG / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / BREAKING News! Kano Under Boko Haram Attack, 4 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
GBAM This one is correct. Imagine MTN laughing at us by saying someone will win an aeroplane when we are complaining of their high charges why not use that money for the aeroplane to do some upgrade on your facility that will reduce the cost of using your services and you are here shouting win aeroplane.

BH don do una better since FG no fit shut una up
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Bella3(f): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
tucker12:

Evil people....
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Josboy2: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
Which kind people be dis sef.Dem no like any beta thin atol.Why dem de use guns,bomds etc fight.No bi tru western education dey produced dos things.Yeye thinkin boko boys.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by ignis: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
Harry25: This is scary again. I taught that the Ramadan fast brought a quiet end to all this. Anyway we are back to square 1
The triumph of evil over good is temporal... It will soon come to an end.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by PastorOla1: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
AGAIN !!!
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
Why can't they use "Boko haram" instead of terrorists?

Why? Because they thought GEJ actually put an end to boko haram this past June?
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by airmark(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2012
D star: I'm in maiduguri, nothing of such happened.

It happened!Read below

MAIDUGURI- ONE week after men of the Joint Task Force (JTF) raided a house of suspected key Commander of the Boko Haram sect where they recovered 54 assorted GSM Sim Cards among other arms and ammunitions in Dala ward of Maiduguri metropolis, some people suspected to be terrorists have set ablaze the Regional office of MTN and nine telecommunication masts belonging to different companies, even as four people alleged to be Igbos were also killed in Gwange ward.

It would be recalled that early this year, the Boko Haram sect had issued a statement that the telecommunication industry in Nigeria is one of their target.

Our Correspondent gathered that the MTN regional office in West- End area, along Baga road of Maiduguri metropolis was set ablaze at about 2am on Wednesday, the office houses all the communication facilities of the frontline GSM operators in the country.

Also set ablaze Wednesday are the telecommunication Masts in Dala, Bulunkutu, Bayan Quarters, Gwange, Sulimanti, Bolori, Adam Kolo and Bulabulin wards of the metropolis.

An eye witness who does not want his name mentioned in the print told our Reporter that the Bulumkutu mast was burnt down by some armed youths at about 8pm on Tuesday.

In a related development, four people suspected to be Igbos were killed by some terrorists who invaded a house occupied by Yorubas and Igbos.

A neighbour of the four people killed old newsmen that they had a strange voice, crying for help, in the house where some of the deceased were staying, but to no avail, as the 9pm curfew could not allow them to see what was happening.

He said, until on Wednesday morning when the news filtered from the house that four people were killed in the neighbouring house.

Confirming the incident, the JTF Spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa in a telephone interview with our Correspondent confirmed the burning of MTN Office and some masts in Maiduguri, but denied any killing in the state.

Sagir said, ” I can only confirm to you that some telecommunication masts and MTN Regional office were set ablaze by suspected Boko Haram sect, but I am not aware of any killing in Gwange, please give me time, as soon as I get details I will communicate to you”. He said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/gunmen-kill-traders-set-ablaze-mtn-office-maiduguri/
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Ndkings1(m): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
So there ar stil some igbos in maiduguri?
Nawa o!

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2012
Nd kings: So there ar stil some igbos in maiduguri?
Nawa o!
You sawthat too!!!
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by tinkinjo: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2012
"Only foools destroy the infrastructure in their village because they hate the council chairman"

It's so unfortunate...by the time northerners realize what is happening their society would have fallen behind the rest of the country by centuries.

Boko Haram is a Frankenstein monster.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 06, 2012
There is only one way to go!

Disamalgamate Nigeria!

How on earth did I come from the same country with these beings whose ability to think has been ruined by some religious books invented by some men who must have come from the caves?

When is it going to be? When?
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
Brand_new: Nigerians let`s pray they don`t get to the South West because the moment they do, i`m afraid that`ll be the end.undecided

So u no want make it end?
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by ignis: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
noblezone: There is only one way to go!

Disamalgamate Nigeria!

How on earth did I come from the same country with these beings whose ability to think has been ruined by some religious books invented by some men who must have come from the caves?

When is it going to be? When?
Am also asking myself thesame question.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
Toaskarity:
You sawthat too!!!

I just tire.....my secondary school mate is still there. I hope not to see his obituary! Each time I tell him about leaving he will remind me of Jos. Me sef wan leave Jos altogether, each time I've tried I got hitches, starting to think am doomed here.
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Ayomivic(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Acidosis: *sad**

hmmn.. But One Day,

"BUSH MEAT GO CATCH THE HUNTER"

hmmn.. But One Day,

hmmn.. But One Day,

True true
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Hassanamed: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
950 of our islam inmate brothers in detention wer kill by u pipl and announce to us as Aid al-kabir gift to muslims today 16th october 2012, in adition to our tenure u stole 4rm ya'radua, do u pipl kno what we would do to this country, whallahi! If a muslim dosen climb dat seat by 2015 den western education has over stayed its welcom, the bokoharam is our islam youths they shall fight the cousre of allah, nigeria is allah's nation, we muslims must install islam in our country, because islam is a religion of peace we hav allow u pipl to stay dis long but by 2015, if u are not a muslim leave dis country, gaskia whallahi, we shall make u pipl belif dat muhammed is a tru prophet of Allah, bokoharam is just early morning sign, Dambroba!
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Hassanamed: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by Aedesmuskeeto: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2013
^^ idi0t, so you think NLanders aren't smart enough to know you're a christian disguisin as a boko sympathizer

You must've wasted a ton of energy typing that shit you posted only to discover you're just makin a fool of yourself...

Either way, BH is goin down.....
Re: 4 Killed & MTN Office Maiduguri Set On Fire By Suspected Terrorist by mekaboy(m): 11:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Please u pple should stop bringing up this old links to cause panic, we already have enough problems currently. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Lawmaker Shot Dead At Relaxation Joint ! / Kogi West: Yahaya Bello Congratulates Smart Adeyemi / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.