Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (25394 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry / iNote Mini: A New Android Smartphone From Itel (coming Soon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:18am On Sep 06, 2012
yeah right.

i will bookmark dis page. time will tell. all of a sudden dis is best fone on d planet eh? : Dcheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by texazzpete(m): 6:28am On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: yeah right.

i will bookmark dis page. time will tell. all of a sudden dis is best fone on d planet eh? : Dcheesy

Nope. Just better in sooo many ways than the Galaxy S III grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:46am On Sep 06, 2012
one thing tho, whosoever coordinated the media and publicity for dis announcement deserves a big bonus and a medal. great job.

its not easy to get intelligent pple to wet their knickers over a product that essentially does not really exist yet grin grin or rather is not available for purchase anytime soon.

all we have are press shots and hype media from journos with a job to do for microkia. i daresay some of those shots are rigged.

but this is supposed to be better than the already available in our hands competition.

dont get me wrong, it could indeed be better, seeing that the competition were announced and started selling months ago( an age in tech). would be a shame if it didnt.

cool down, apples next. EYEFONE 5. the fanboys are ready to pre-order.

JUNGLE DON DEY MATURE.

at least we know iphones will be available for purchase iwithin weeks of announcement!!!
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by texazzpete(m): 8:58am On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: one thing tho, whosoever coordinated the media and publicity for dis announcement deserves a big bonus and a medal. great job.

its not easy to get intelligent pple to wet their knickers over a product that essentially does not really exist yet grin grin or rather is not available for purchase anytime soon.

all we have are press shots and hype media from journos with a job to do for microkia. i daresay some of those shots are rigged.

but this is supposed to be better than the already available in our hands competition.

dont get me wrong, it could indeed be better, seeing that the competition were announced and started selling months ago( an age in tech). would be a shame if it didnt.

JUNGLE DON DEY MATURE.

at least we know iphones will be available for purchase iwithin weeks of announcement!!!

Galaxy S III went on sale nearly a month after announcement. I didn't see you complaining then.

Now keep quiet and stop trolling just because the days of you damning Nokia over hardware specs are over grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jedisco(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: one thing tho, whosoever coordinated the media and publicity for dis announcement deserves a big bonus and a medal. great job.

JUNGLE DON DEY MATURE.

I'm worried why you're so particular about the release date. Afterall you said you're never going to use a lumia device. That should interest people who want the phone.

It should be available in Q4 but even if I take the worst possible scenario of it being available on 31 Dec, its takes nothing away from the true innovation this phone presents.

Finally its good that of all things to attack the phone on, the release date is the most viable option for you. That alone should show you how good the phone is.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2012
i take it you have used one?

or you are basing your "how good it is" on guesswork, screenshots and media press releases?

btw how come this ones comes with 1GB RAM and 1.5Ghz S4 processors? i thought the specs were not important.

i also thought it was only android manufacturers that "stuupidlly" increase specs and RAM, afterall what do u want to do with 1 GB RAM on WP? tongue tongue tongue tongue

keep revising your arguments to suit the current situation. tongue

[size=4pt]i shld receive a medal for trolling wink grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by Youngpo413: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: at that time the only smartfones worthy were blackberries and iphones.
symbian was so so. android was on cupcake and donut/ pos/

ecosystems and marketshare were not as prominent and important. innovation was d key. i am proud to have been a part of it

im sure u remember also that i was a rabid nokia fanboy then?

u see despite the push to color me bad, i am always at the forefront of progress.

oh, how i weep for nokia? my crown jewel that was sold out to the enemy.

Who are nokia's enemy?microsoft,google or samsung?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-20-million/

In a rare occasion, Samsung has supplied regional sales figures -- revealing six million devices for Europe, 4.5 million in Asia, 4 million in North America and 2.5 million in Korea. According to Samsung's gleeful press release it's moving 200,000 units a day.

lets see ur neon colored punk-azz fones match that wink wink
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/lumia-920-pureview-video-filmed-with-different-camera/

Nokia's video showcasing the Lumia 920's Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) might've given the impression it was filmed with the new PureView-toting device, but a reflection of a film crew spotted by PocketNow in the trailer (27 seconds deep) hinted that wasn't the case.

The folks in Espoo have confirmed that the footage was indeed captured using a different camera. "Of course, hindsight is 20 / 20, but we should have posted a disclaimer stating this was a representation of OIS only," the company's Heidi Lemmetyinen penned on the Nokia Conversations blog.

"This was not shot with a Lumia 920. At least, not yet. We apologize for the confusion we created."
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by Youngpo413: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2012

JUNGLE DON DEY MATURE.

I can see that you are a big fan of APPLE,their products are good,but expensive;I noticed one other thing,it seems you are not based in nigeria?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/lumia-920-pureview-video-filmed-with-different-camera/

Nokia's video showcasing the Lumia 920's Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) might've given the impression it was filmed with the new PureView-toting device, but a reflection of a film crew spotted by PocketNow in the trailer (27 seconds deep) hinted that wasn't the case.

The folks in Espoo have confirmed that the footage was indeed captured using a different camera. "Of course, hindsight is 20 / 20, but we should have posted a disclaimer stating this was a representation of OIS only," the company's Heidi Lemmetyinen penned on the Nokia Conversations blog.

"This was not shot with a Lumia 920. At least, not yet. We apologize for the confusion we created."

the plot just thickens grin grin [size=4pt]trolling 101[/size]

i have been tol that this is just MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENT, not BLATANT LYING! grin grin grin

golly wow
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhhBJ1URCg&feature=player_embedded#!

. . . . . .Still Towers above the Galaxy S III cheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
jmaine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhhBJ1URCg&feature=player_embedded#!

the people that took the pictures in this your video, they bought the phone? they were given advance units?

or they are just Microkia people doing their jobs advertising/ creating buzz

which one?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

the people that took the pictures in this your video, they bought the phone? they were given advance units?

or they are just Microkia people doing their jobs advertising/ creating buzz

which one?

Intentional Invalid question

You and i know it was a live hands on test of the Lumia 920 Vs the rest tongue

Did it out muscle the rest, No ?
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
live hands on test eh? done in a controlled environment with verified impartial 3rd parties, and level playing field?

like seriously?

shoot me someborry. see all these men getting hyped and marketed!!! this type of ish used to be the exclusive preserve on the Iphone!!!

i have heard speculation in some quarters that the pics shown taken with n without OIS are not taken in same conditions. Those with OIS pics have been taken with bright lights lighting up the model. shocked shocked grin grin grin

Marketing 101!!! simple.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
Speculations you say !!! . .Guess those are also verified, unbiased facts, valid enough to slate the obvious superiority of the Lumia 920 . . .

Someone is nervous about a swaggering kid with some cool nice upgraded toy, obviously better than his love lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
jmaine:

Did it out muscle [b]the rest
, No ?

indeed it muscles out the rest. its said to weigh 185g.

as for the "caught pants down" part being unverified, guess u didnt check the source i posted. anyway this is really where its at, pls do read it :

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/09/06/an-apology-is-due/

Quote: in an effort to demonstrate the benefits of optical image stabilization (which eliminates blurry images and improves pictures shot in low light conditions), we produced a video that simulates what we will be able to deliver with OIS.

note the words, 'demonstrate', 'simulates', 'will' :hint: (not can)

keep wanking because of a phone thats not yet really available/verifiable grin
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
we produced a video that simulates what we will be able to deliver with OIS.

To avoid any back and forth argument . .The statement above is ambiguous to denote so many interpretations, depending on your level of understanding . .

No where in that sentence did it say we produced or simulated this video with the Lumia 920

All Nokia did, was produce/provide a presentation simulating the power of OIS ,that will be deployed/delivered in the Lumia 920 during sales.

offcourse, that part got a lot of people confused, and also gave some nervous fellas like you, something to jerrk your load ceaselessly unto cheesy . .

P:S ====> Produce

to bring into existence; give rise to; cause: to produce steam.
to bring into existence by intellectual or creative ability: to produce a great painting.
to make or manufacture: to produce automobiles for export.
to bring forth; give birth to; bear: to produce a litter of puppies.
to provide, furnish, or supply; yield: a mine producing silver.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
do u work for apple?

do u know what brought about that apology. it was captioned apology

One of Nokia's promo videos detailing the video image stabilisation feature on The 902 was put online.

naturally, because they soaped/washed other peoples phones in their marketing rush, people paid attention and saw that in nokia's video there was the shadow of the guys taking the vid with professional cameras!! not the phone.

THE VIDEO NOKIA POSTED WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN BY THE 902 CAMERA.

caught red handed, nokia released that statement where they admitted to simulating what it will/may be like on the 902.

what is SIMULATING? define that one join grin grin grin

inshort they were demoing what a hyundai is capable of doing with a jaguar grin grin grin grin

its marketing, its lies.

just ask jesus for forgiveness for all that dictionary tripe u posted.

i do that for a living, using grammar obfuscate the truth btw.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jedisco(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: i take it you have used one?

or you are basing your "how good it is" on guesswork, screenshots and media press releases?

btw how come this ones comes with 1GB RAM and 1.5Ghz S4 processors? i thought the specs were not important.

i also thought it was only android manufacturers that "stuupidlly" increase specs and RAM, afterall what do u want to do with 1 GB RAM on WP? tongue tongue tongue tongue

keep revising your arguments to suit the current situation. tongue

[size=4pt]i shld receive a medal for trolling wink grin grin grin grin[/size]

I haven't used one but I appreciate the innovation it represents unlike you who never sees anything good outside android. The last time it was 121 reasons not to buy a lumia now its this. How pathetic!

Let me ask you WHAT WOULD YOUR OPINION BE IF THIS WAS ON GSIII?? You would have been screaming most advanced phone ever.

I have never said specs are not important. I simply said they are not worth the paper they're written on if they cannot be transferred to a real life experience. You on the other always thinks more is better which in some cases is not true not be true.

If I was a blind follower of processor specs, then I would be jumping ship every 2-3 months as GSIII is already outdated specwise

As regards the current specs all I can say is that if lumia 900 with much lower specs stood its ground against high-end droids in terms of UI smoothness and speed, I can only wonder what this would do to them
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu no dey always gree cheesy . . . No need explaining cos i knew the genesis of that apology . . . .

If the above quote is what you Lumia antagonist are holding unto as proof . .then it's a lost battle cos it's ambiguous enough to connote different meanings to different parties grin . . . .

In your post you said ====> "" THE VIDEO NOKIA POSTED WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN BY THE 920 CAMERA."" . . .But Nokia did not say so, and the quote the antagonist are holding unto doesn't support this in a fool proof manner grin

The Good news is, with the launch of the Iphone 5 next week . .Your darling Samsung galaxy III might be too far off the stage as mobile power horses . .3rd most powerful phone isn't bad don't you think . . tongue

P:S ====> The Dictionary tripe meanings of the word produce, was to further illuminate the sentence for easy understanding, for folks who dwelled solely on the word "Simulate"
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jedisco(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
jmaine:

To avoid any back and forth argument . .The statement above is ambiguous to denote so many interpretations, depending on your level of understanding . .

No where in that sentence did it say we produced or simulated this video with the Lumia 920

All Nokia did, was produce/provide a presentation simulating the power of OIS ,that will be deployed/delivered in the Lumia 920 during sales.

offcourse, that part got a lot of people confused, and also gave some nervous fellas like you, something to jerrk your load ceaselessly unto cheesy . .

P:S ====> Produce

to bring into existence; give rise to; cause: to produce steam.
to bring into existence by intellectual or creative ability: to produce a great painting.
to make or manufacture: to produce automobiles for export.
to bring forth; give birth to; bear: to produce a litter of puppies.
to provide, furnish, or supply; yield: a mine producing silver.

You're wasting your time explaining to him.

Yes Nokia made a mistake by as the video gives the impression it was shot with the phone. However, nowhere in the video did Nokia say it was taken by the phone.

That video may be controversial but there are plenty other videos taken by independent reviewers and even a new one by Nokia which shows how awesome it is. So I'm still wondering why some people are fixed on that video. Just a single word...fanboys
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
jedisco:
You're wasting your time explaining to him.

not really. he is not an obsessed turd, hellbent on making himself heard and talking abt things he does not know

jedisco:
Yes Nokia made a mistake by as the video gives the impression it was shot with the phone. However, nowhere in the video did Nokia say it was taken by the phone.

oh really? you dont say!!
nokia announces a phone, nokia does videos showing the phone capabilities in comparison with other phones BUT nokia never said it was taken by the phone?

[size=18pt]BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

u would absolutely suck as a spokesman

this ranks even higher than "you are holding it wrong" grin grin

jedisco:
That video may be controversial but there are plenty other videos taken by independent reviewers and even a new one by Nokia which shows how awesome it is. So I'm still wondering why some people are fixed on that video. Just a single word...fanboys
[/quote]

STOP calling me a fanboy please!

if only your eyes actually sync with your brain you would realise that there is actually truly no basis for that.

i have NEVER argued android vs anything with you before. just because you know i own android phones means?

you idiotically assume every post that does not glorify your fantasies is borne out of beef. how andorid or nokia or anybody sales take concern me? e garri my pocket?

i argued A PHONE hardware. SGS 3 vs Lumia 800 with you once, a most unpalatable experience given the abject dearth of commonsense in your posts

so maybe a more precise thing to say would be samsung fanboy in your case, not android fanboy. which incidentally is not true cuz i can count the number of samsung phones i ever bought. and i have never hyped samsung like a fo.ol like y'all doing with nokia.

you need to divorce emotions,and this desire to"win" every intellectual debate. u end up looking like a f.ool

and as usual, your post has no correlation to the ones before it, does not address the issue, introduces transferred aggression, and generally relies on insults to lend it credence. nigga shut the fook up
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by Bawss1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
One of the neat features(or should I say accessories) I think the Lumia 920 comes with is its wireless charging speakers. Juicing up and blasting at the same damn time smiley. Neat. Assuming the speakers are half decent then this immediately does away with the concern of getting external speakers, a problem I had when I got my iPhone.

Its good to see Nokia is set to getting its groove back.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
@ Jmaine

define simulate according to your dictionary.

then just kneel down and say a prayer of forgiveness.

i suppose u just playing devils advocate just for the kicks. your arguing like the guy caught naked in a womans bedroom who claims he was not shagging her because they never caught him pumping! wink wink

these "independent videos" online of the 920. i ask again, the pple who took them were given advance units? bought them? ?? etc how did they come about these 920's that theyused to give you "independent" shots cheesy

incidentall
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
Bawss1: One of the neat features(or should I say accessories) I think the Lumia 920 comes with is its wireless charging speakers. Juicing up and blasting at the same damn time smiley. Neat.

it does not come with it o, its an announced accessory by a third party. u buy separately.

before u start looking in the box for it.

very nice accessory.

but this wireless charging tin, omo for naija the one wey u plug sef dey miss. na d one u come drop somewhere go safe?
for me its a gimmicky feature for us here o. oyinbo fit dey buy the charging thingy or dey drop am publicly. if u drop ya fone for public for naija, na bye bye o
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19506623

Nokia apologises for 'faked' smartphone advert

Nokia has apologised after it emerged that an advert featuring video footage which appeared to have been filmed with its new flagship smartphone the Lumia 920 had in fact been created using different equipment.

The Verge news tech site revealed the issue after it noticed a window reflection revealed a cameraman holding what appeared to be an SLR camera.

In a blog post the handset maker said it should have "posted a disclaimer".

The news threatens to take the shine off the launch of the Lumia 920 phone.

bbc sef dey lie noni

had it been that reflection was not caught by anyone, will Nokia and its fanboys ever have come out to state that it was not taken by the phone?

Na why oyinbo different from black man. to una now this no be issue abi? afterall ur president sef dey lie on national tv and notin dey happen
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jedisco(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

not really. he is not an obsessed turd, hellbent on making himself heard and talking abt things he does not know

oh really? you dont say!!
nokia announces a phone, nokia does videos showing the phone capabilities in comparison with other phones BUT nokia never said it was taken by the phone?

[size=18pt]BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

u would absolutely suck as a spokesman

this ranks even higher than "you are holding it wrong" grin grin

STOP calling me a fanboy please!

if only your eyes actually sync with your brain you would realise that there is actually truly no basis for that.

i have NEVER argued android vs anything with you before. just because you know i own android phones means?

you idiotically assume every post that does not glorify your fantasies is borne out of beef. how andorid or nokia or anybody sales take concern me? e garri my pocket?

i argued A PHONE hardware. SGS 3 vs Lumia 800 with you once, a most unpalatable experience given the abject dearth of commonsense in your posts

so maybe a more precise thing to say would be samsung fanboy in your case, not android fanboy. which incidentally is not true cuz i can count the number of samsung phones i ever bought. and i have never hyped samsung like a fo.ol like y'all doing with nokia.

you need to divorce emotions,and this desire to"win" every intellectual debate. u end up looking like a f.ool

and as usual, your post has no correlation to the ones before it, does not address the issue, introduces transferred aggression, and generally relies on insults to lend it credence. nigga shut the fook up

Why you dey vex with yourself? That post was not for you.

FYI that video was out before the phone was released and as Nokia has stated, its meant to show the capabilities of pureview 2 as regards OIS. Though I agree it was quite misleading, it takes nothing away from the phones capabilities especially since other comparisons have been done by independent journalists. If you still want to focus on the video, then thats your ish.

Seriously thats the only name that explains what you've been doing on this thread.
A new phone is announced instead of you to appreciate the innovation it brings while also pointing out the cons, you're hellbent on attacking the phone.

LET ME ASK YOU. WHAT DOES THE NUMBER OF GSIII SOLD YOU POSTED HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD??
Go back from page 1 and you would see your stance on this phone shows you are highly uncomfortable with the praises its getting. You would be happier if this phone was being bashed.

Like I've always said, I use my hard earned money to buy a phone so I appreciate good stuff when I see it whether its on Samsung, Nokia, Apple, BB e.t.c as the case may be.

I don't get your ish with that lumia thread. I even said it there that you would e surprised which device I would personally select. My reason not being because one is so low below that a comparison is not worth it.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by jmaine: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: @ Jmaine

define simulate according to your dictionary.

Simulate simply means to ==> behave, mimic, conform, imitate, copy, & reproduce. . .

Kindly replace the word "simulate
" with any of the above and educate us why your all killing yourselves over that one "replaceable" word . . You must also acknowledge the fact that "Produce" in that sentence does not automatically means the source was solely from Nokia . . .

4llerbuntu:
then just kneel down and say a prayer of forgiveness.

Your simply too excited not to be labelled a fanboy cheesy. .

4llerbuntu:
i suppose u just playing devils advocate just for the kicks. your arguing like the guy caught naked in a womans bedroom who claims he was not shagging her because they never caught him pumping! wink wink

All i did was to show you the ambiguity of the quote and why Nokia explanations can't be termed invalid, even though it was quite vague and non specific

4llerbuntu:
these "independent videos" online of the 920. i ask again, the pple who took them were given advance units? bought them? ?? etc how did they come about these 920's that they used to give you "independent" shots cheesy

incidentall

Hopefully, the techie guys will be provided with sample copies to put it through the test so that folks like you will rest . .

you might even show up tomorrow to claim Microsoft bribed them and might even question the number of eye witnesses involved cheesy
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
LOBATAN
Jmaine wont kee me ooooo.

ok i haff hear u.

i guess big corporations dont lie.

remember, you are holding it wrong!! wink wink wink
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by texazzpete(m): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19506623

bbc sef dey lie noni

had it been that reflection was not caught by anyone, will Nokia and its fanboys ever have come out to state that it was not taken by the phone?

Na why oyinbo different from black man. to una now this no be issue abi? afterall ur president sef dey lie on national tv and notin dey happen

Nokia touted some features of its Camera that makes it superior to the rest

1. Low light performance
2. Optical Image stabilization

The low light performance prowess was tested by Anandtech, Gizmodo and a few other tech journals. No matter what your misgivings about any other journalists, nobody can say anything bad about Anandtech.

Anandtech took the photo themselves with an iPhone 4S and a Lumia 920. This was the result

So there's no getting around the fact that the Lumia 920 has a much better camera than that found in the SGS III

Nokia showed off a video with the Lumia 920 and the SGS III mounted side by side on a rig during their press conference. The Lumia 920 easily bested the SGS III for image stabilization.

Bottom line is, Nokia may have posted a misleading ad for its pureview camera, but the Camera in the 920 is easily worth the hype.
Re: Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! by LilMarshal1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
Y'all are all forgetting one thing, ANDROID PHONES ARE CHEAP. check out sg3, it cost 98k and 95k at some stores. WP7.5 phones are darn expensive and we not talking about when WP8 officially launches. Lets not even talk about IPHONES. we are Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lock Your Credit / Which Is The Best Line To Use To Subscribe For A Bundle Plan? / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.