Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! (1527 Views)

10 Ways To Know That Your PC Is Infected With Virus / How To Retrieve Your Files From FOLDERS Turned Into SHORTCUTS By VIRUS / Firefox Disable By Virus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! by UNLEASHED(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2008
I inserted a MP3 player into my system to download some tracks and what i discovered was that the MP3 player is full of viruses. I deleted virus for almost 20 minutes. When I got tired of this I madly removed the MP3 player from my system and shut it down. Since then, anytime I power the sytem on, I get a dialogue box telling me Windows cannot find Isass.exe, that I should try and search it. I am tired of this I guess it's as the result of the MP3 i pulled out of the system. Please what should I do to this. Because anytime I see this dialogue box, it drives me mad.
Re: My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! by uspry1(f): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2008
It is obviously that you have not install your own anti-virus/spyware/malware/phish protection software to detect giving you a warning dialog that MP3 file is a virus before you download it. That software is automatically delete any virus file for you.

You don't know whether the MP3 file is virus or not without anti-virus software. Usually the MP3 file you see ".mp3.exe" that always expose as virus. NEVER DOWNLOAD the following file .mp3.exe!!!

ALWAYS DOWNLOAD the following file .mp3.

The solution is if you already have your own Windows XP or Vista CD installation as your backup then you can REFORMAT to wipe off whole system to start all over reinstalling your operating system CD then download your anti-virus software, Windows Upgrade (IT IS MUST ALL THE TIME) and other application software (Microsoft Office suite, graphic editor, media player, imagine viewer) to protect your vulnerability system from virus attacks as well as hacker attack.

If you do not want to reformat your system then google to find the instruction how to remove or replace missing file of "Isass.exe".
Re: My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! by uspry1(f): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2008
If you are look for anti-virus software, check out the existing NL thread at below:

Best Anti-Virus For Better Protection
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99212.0.html
Re: My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! by Raymo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2008
pls you need anti virus in your system, is very neccesary especially when you use
it to browse.
if you are in Abuja just let me know
via this mail adress
ojimsray@gmail.com
Re: My Laptop Is Infected By Virus Please Help! by UNLEASHED(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2008
Thank you all, I use Nod32 antivirus.

(1) (Reply)

My Computer Shows A Lesser Ram / Mtn F@stlink Zte Mf627 Unable To Install Wahala / 8 Common Computer Issues And How To Solve Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.