Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult (20115 Views)

Nairalander On Karaoke Night Singing Lionel Richie Stuck On U In Indiana Usa / Learn To Sing Properly,get Singing And Voice Training Tips. / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by stupor(m): 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
In church everybody does singing and they even beg for people to jOin the choir

But dnt try such with rap you will get humiliated and embarrassed

Singing is a vocatiön,Rap is an Artfòrm

You try singing,you could win•

You dare rapping,you get burnt•

Just play it safe and sing•

PEACE•
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by deeplow: 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
brokoto: i'm actually an opera singer so let me tell you this. voice training is not a one off thing. its a continous thing for as long as you want to remain relevant in the opera world. i'm not talking about pre-performance voice flexing. i'm talking about 30 mins of voice work everyday, 5 days in a week(what i do oh, imagine what the most established ones do). this does not include the many other elements too numerous to mention here. see eh, if you really know what being a vocalist is all about, dont train your voice for 3 days and attempt to sing any meaningful piece, you'd be ashamed of yourself.

I think the problem now is understanding the difference between "training" and "rehearsal/practice".bros,wat u do is practice,u are not training ur voice.are u tryna tell me d celine dions,mariah careys of this world train their voices everyday?
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Tenderly1(f): 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
deeplow:

I think the problem now is understanding the difference between "training" and "rehearsal/practice".bros,wat u do is practice,u are not training ur voice.are u tryna tell me d celine dions,mariah careys of this world train their voices everyday?
guy if you dnt knw anyfin abt music just shaarrap
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
deeplow:

voice training (vɔɪs ˈtreɪnɪŋ) or voice production
Definitions
noun

(physiology) the process of[b] training[/b] and improving vocal ability
have you seen that its a continous process? as in present continous tense?
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by abdulkayus(m): 12:10am On Sep 09, 2012
Una don use style carry dis topic enter 7th page, chaiiii, 9ja
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by brosnan68: 12:21am On Sep 09, 2012
Both is difficult!
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by coolestboy(m): 12:59am On Sep 09, 2012
Watz so difficult in removing panties and inserting d drive into d port holes?
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by dazzy4real(m): 1:13am On Sep 09, 2012
Guys no doubt rappin is hard buh singin is harder cos in singin if u don't ve d natural voice u can't even train urself to sing buh as for rappin if u train urself den u can rap. That's y we say anybody can rap buh not everybody can sing.

1 Like

Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:26am On Sep 09, 2012
Anyone who thinks what a world class singer does is inferior to rapping has no clue about music. Reminds me of a friend who laughs at my rock music while listening himself, to the mediocrity that is D'banj. Hip-hop is probably the easiest genre of music considering how digitalized and random in arrangement it is and I say that as a hip-hop fan. Hip-hop artists write songs faster due to the less scripted nature of the genre and they even free style. People with little musical background break through far easier in hip-hop/rap than they would in other genres. It's not as substantive or artistic as other music forms and hip-hop artists would never be recognized on the scale of the greatest rock, jazz, r&b and soul or classical performers.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by peroskyeze(m): 1:58am On Sep 09, 2012
moaning because of sexual pleasure is better than both of those
after moaning na unRAPPING a condom wink
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by PhysicsQED(m): 2:45am On Sep 09, 2012
It depends on the quality of music that one is talking about.

Simplistic pop songs which people like Justin Bieber or some of these current pop rock singers churn out constantly can't possibly be compared to the best rap songs in terms of difficulty. The flow, rhythm and delivery, creativity, and complexity in one Rakim verse alone is more difficult to produce than most pop songs. In fact it would only take a few rap albums like Only Built for Cuban Linx, 4 5 6, Capital Punishment, 36 chambers, Supreme Clientele, It Was Written and Reasonable Doubt just to outdo most 90s-2000s pop songs, country songs, and even most R&B in terms of the difficulty in creating it.

But the same thing holds true for singers. You can't compare the best of Donny Hathaway, Sam Cooke, Stevie Wonder, Pavarotti, etc. with simplistic rap from clowns like Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Flo Rida, Dipset, etc.

1 Like

Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by betrani(m): 3:09am On Sep 09, 2012
odizzy: bros na lie, if u rily knw music den u will knw dat proffesional singing no be come chope. Most singers can also rap well, mek rappers sing na mek i hear, e.g chris brown raps well, mek lilwayne sing like chris brown na mek i hear, banky w, kelly handsome etc also raps very well, mek mode 9 or ibliss sing like banky na mek i hear, bros luk at it in a proffesional way if u rily claim u knw music
my friend PACK WELL! Its rap! In rapp its easy to sport wackness! Even wit good bits. In music singin can only make meanin wit good bits! If u take dbanj's bit off then u will hate his singing! It takes only a good rapper to catch d attention of someone listening! In singin just do any sound and people will dance to shit!
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by PhysicsQED(m): 3:19am On Sep 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR:

I can't believe I'm doing this:
Katy Perry
Alicia Keys
Robert Kelly
Dido
Adele
Shakira
Taylor Swift
Kelly Clarkson
Lily Allen
Lady Gaga
Vanessa Carlton
Elton John
Nelly Furtado
Avril Lavigne
Matt Kearney
Shania Twain
Usher
Björk (wacko)
Norah Jones
James Blunt
Leona Lewis
Christina Aguilera
Tracy Chapman
Bruno Mars
Kylie Minogue
Jon Bon Jovi
Justin Timberlake, et cetera...

lol, this has to be the shittiest list ever put forward to support a point/argument.

Jon Bon Jovi is a mediocre/ordinary singer even if his band is accomplished and has some classic songs. The only respectable names there are Elton John, Tracy Chapman, Robert Kelly (R. Kelly), Alicia Keys, and Norah Jones in terms of challenging/original songs and songwriting. The rest of them are nothing special and won't be remembered a few decades from now.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by condralbede(m): 3:47am On Sep 09, 2012
Thinking
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by JynxDane: 4:33am On Sep 09, 2012
Guys... dont get it twiXted, it all depends on d person not d act..
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by nlofficial(m): 4:53am On Sep 09, 2012
The OP had his mindset to saying singing is harder than rapping. Dude I can rap and sing. When I say sing, I'm not talking about likes of OJB, etc. For y'all that think rap doesn't pass any message, go to rapgenius.com, search the rap lyrics you wanna know the message. While reading the lyrics, you can click on any line you don't understand to see the message.

http://rapgenius.com/Jay-z-why-i-love-you-lyrics
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by slimojas89(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Many professional rappers I know with labels and good albums can sing and sing well I.e 50 cent, eminem to mention but a few, even the late B.I.G can sing very well #you are nobody till somebody kills you..Remember that track?..but only a few singers can rap and rap well. Infact, when most of these singers rap, u just wanna skip em track cos it sounds awkward. Don't forget that almost every rap song has got a chorus(mainly sang) which the rapper will not wanna feature others to do most times. Now tell me why u say singing is harder when even big pun sang?
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by samkoro: 6:18am On Sep 09, 2012
Rap is very difficult. In rap you cram,memorise and say a lot.For you to rap u must have a super memory.And for your to freestyle at the underground you need to think on the spot.You must be a genuise to think out rhyming lyrics and deliver it right on the stage without earlier preparation
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by executiveson(m): 6:19am On Sep 09, 2012
From my experience in the gospel music, i can say that technically, singing is more difficult than rapping.
When we are talking about singing, I'm not talking a two two or four liner song.
If you try modulation, singing and switching/swapping, singing on key, transition point, counter point etc, you will find out that singing is not easy. Raps to me is just as a "poem" which a nursery school pupil can recite.
The bottom line is, go for your talent.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 09, 2012
@PhysicQED God bless u & ur ears(about rakim and those classic rap albums u listed),some mofos here think rap is just about rhyming.singing is hard once u got the voice wtf u'l do it but RAP!!U HAVE TO USE UR BRAIN TO INVENT, DROP POETRY,METAPHORS,PUNCHLINES,MULTIES,RHYMING SCHEMES,EVEN THE WAY U FLOW.ANY ONE THAT SAYS THAT SINGING IS BETTER THAN RAP IS TALKING 'GIBBERISH' cos clowns like rick ross,guccimane,young joc & list of other f*#king fools like them that u guys have been listening to made think rap is easy,and 90% of people dont listen to rap lyrics they just listen to the beats cos if u are a good listener u will hate rick ross like i do,who is ur naija best rapper?m.i right?but he can 'never' write quater of rakim's or eminem's deep thoughts in lyricism even if he is possessed by the so called illuminati rain man,a real rapper is smart,very intelligent cos if he ain't mcees will devour him but any fool with sweet voice can sing.what am saying is there are rhymers and there are rappers,singers are better than rhymers but Rappers are far better than singers.ITS ICE-D REPPING BLACKCHILD RECORDS,1love & peace
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by mikuz(m): 7:28am On Sep 09, 2012
Obi kererenke
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by deeplow: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2012
Tenderly1: guy if you dnt knw anyfin abt music just shaarrap

U're not in anyway civil,and u are female....I really pity you.ur knowledge about music is as low as your level of interaction.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by deeplow: 7:50am On Sep 09, 2012
brokoto: voice training (vɔɪs ˈtreɪnɪŋ) or voice production
Definitions
noun

(physiology) the process of[b] training[/b] and improving vocal ability
have you seen that its a continous process? as in present continous tense?

I don't like people backing up their arguments with things like this.u define voice training as the process of train"ing" and improv"ing" vocal ability.so,because something is in present continuous tense,that makes it a lifelong thing.

Since definition is ur thing...

proc·ess, pro·cess - /ˈpräˌses/, /prəˈses/
Noun:
A series of actions or steps taken to achieve an end.

My argument in the first place,is that, a singer trains their voice to perfection just once.that it takes some other people a long time,means they are naturally not gifted.you claimed a singer must "train" their voice everyday.I asked if the professional singers do that everyday,u still haven't given me a reasonable response.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by executiveson(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2012
deeplow:

training- activities leading to a skilled behaviour eg learn new singing skill
practice- translate an idea into action. Eg learn new song
rehearsal- repetition of information in order to keep for a short memory,eg re-learnt a song for public performance.
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2012
Im thinking its an individual thing. Some people are talented and can sing amazingly. Some people are talented with the skill of rapping.

I wonder if Adele could learn to rap well or tupac could have learned to sing well. It may be hard to them.

Ive noticed, in my amature way, I can sing along just fine with any song.....but when rapping along to my favorite songs I start tripping over my own tongue smiley
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Tenderly1(f): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2012
betrani: my friend PACK WELL! Its rap! In rapp its easy to sport wackness! Even wit good bits. In music singin can only make meanin wit good bits! If u take dbanj's bit off then u will hate his singing! It takes only a good rapper to catch d attention of someone listening! In singin just do any sound and people will dance to shit!
i so hate ppl dat reason like you. so you fink dbang abi na dbanj can sing,some1 even said timaya is a singer.smh
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by masterpiecer(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2012
I have seen a 2 year old child sing a song, but it takes a lot of brain work even for an adult to write a rap.

Everybody can sing, but not everybody can rap.
Pronto. undecided
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Adanyebe(m): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2012
i think singing is the hardest wen it comes to musik. While singing u can easily get choked trying to pitch and have a breath control. But rapin doeznt need all doz sheet. Although dey both involves cooking of lerics.

If also u get to look at it from the instrumental part of it. It is hard playing musical instrument for singers than rappers.
Mind u even GEJ can rap if given the opportunity by mere reading of speech. Dont also forget most people take to rap bcuz they aint got a gud voice to console their music skills.

Singing involves so many skills like transposing, modulating, faulsetto, whining, breath control, maintaining keys, scaling with ur voice and bla bla bla so if u want to compare doez rapping needs all these criterias... I'll still leave u guyz to take side base on what i've just said
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Tenderly1(f): 8:26am On Sep 09, 2012
executive_son: From my experience in the gospel music, i can say that technically, singing is more difficult than rapping.
When we are talking about singing, I'm not talking a two two or four liner song.
If you try modulation, singing and switching/swapping, singing on key, transition point, counter point etc, you will find out that singing is not easy. Raps to me is just as a "poem" which a nursery school pupil can recite.
The bottom line is, go for your talent.
my brother tank you very much.tankz for explaining, is there any1who wants to objectg
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by KDULAR: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2012
Tenderly1: you guyz did not tel me any matured man dat stil raps.and pls dnt tel me birdman
NAS = 39-40 years
Jay Z about 39-40
LL Cool JAY 40
Snoop dog 42
Dr Dre 45
Cool Moe Dee late 40s
Rakeem , Rob Base, watched his 2012 show Live.

Most of the old guys are still doing their things the new generation not knowing about it (them ) does rule out the fact that they still RAP
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by Illdeco: 9:20am On Sep 09, 2012
W.t.h!! Rickross_ when 16 ain enouqh_ damn!! S'm people dun know sh1t about R.A.P_ How many of you listen to underqround rap, stop doinq mtvbase. Just Listened to a joe budden track yesterday and i was like, 0.M.G!!!
Re: Singing And Rapping Which One Is More Difficult by tjmikoyo: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2012
To my own perspective view,Rapping is more difficult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mr P (Peter Okoye) - Karma (Video) / Seyi Vibez is the World's Most Streamed Artiste On Audiomack, overtakes Asake / "This Is UNIPORT" - UBL Crew (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.