Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States (1320 Views)

Import And Exporter Via Cotonou Border.07034481325.07062986225 / Toyota Camry 1995 Model : Budget Car :N 350, 000 / New Model Car Mp3/Mp4 Player With 2gb Memory + MS For Upto 500 Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by uzoo: 1:17am On Jan 07, 2008
hi
anyone know if its possible to ship cars that are more than 8 years old into lagos, i'm buying a 1995 model car from the states to lagos but i need to find someone to ship and clear it. thanks
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Seun(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2008
Moved to auto section. I.e. car section. wink
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Jdesigns(m): 2:30am On Jan 12, 2008
why u go buy 1995model and expect it to go thru lagos port, only if you are ready to pay thru ur nose for the clearing.
i can help you if only interested in using togo port and then i will bring it in for you. let me know if you are game so that i can give you the load down.
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by uzoo: 2:45am On Jan 12, 2008
hi,

thanks ,actually its a minivan , and its for business purpose , i'm not quite sure but i heard the strict importation of cars not older than 8 years does not apply to minivans and buses i.e . if you have a nissan quest, toyota siena , ford windstar , plymouth voyager , all kinds of buses and also peopel carrier and they are more than 8 years ols you can still import to nigeria thru lagos port and clear normally.
so i dont intend to do the long or illegal route from other borders, but thanks anyway.

i just need to know if this is true and if so how much it would cost to clear a minivan , say from 1995 or 1996. 1997 , 1998,1999 models
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Jdesigns(m): 2:52am On Jan 12, 2008
uzoo:

hi,

thanks ,actually its a minivan , and its for business purpose , i'm not quite sure but i heard the strict importation of cars not older than 8 years does not apply to minivans and buses i.e . if you have a nissan quest, toyota siena , ford windstar , plymouth voyager , all kinds of buses and also peopel carrier and they are more than 8 years ols you can still import to nigeria through lagos port and clear normally.
so i don't intend to do the long or illegal route from other borders, but thanks anyway.

i just need to know if this is true and if so how much it would cost to clear a minivan , say from 1995 or 1996. 1997 , 1998,1999 models

well, if you believe you can use the lagos port why not try it. its not that u cant but re you willing to pay more for the clearing, that's the question at hand.

uzoo:

so i don't intend to do the long or illegal route from other borders, but thanks anyway.

who told you that using other port is an illegal route, they pay import duties even when using the road border except you want to use the bush which i dont and i neva will.

well, good luck on your search for prices
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by sultaan(m): 2:57am On Jan 12, 2008
According to word on the street there is no limit on trucks and vans.
The Naija way is not to have a binding guide line on shipping/import policies so that the powers that be can milk both govt and people.

If there is no specific duty for a car, they can charge what the feel, and send remaining scrap to FG.When you get your van to Naija you'll find out if it legal, or you'll have to pay some penalty. The more holes you have in the system more money can be siphoned out.
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Jdesigns(m): 3:00am On Jan 12, 2008
sultaan:

According to word on the street there is no limit on trucks and vans.
The Naija way is not to have a binding guide line on shipping/import policies so that the powers that be can milk both govt and people.

If there is no specific duty for a car, they can charge what the feel, and send remaining scrap to FG.When you get your van to Naija you'll find out if it legal, or you'll have to pay some penalty. The more holes you have in the system more money can be siphoned out.

well said bro, thumbs up wink
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by hollirigth(m): 8:12am On Jan 12, 2008
I will not advice anyone to ship cars older than 8yrs through Nija port. According to a reliable soruce, minivan is still considered as a car, the only exception to the 8yrs rule are 8seater and above passenger buses. Two of my cars just arrived Lagos from US this week but they are both yr2000. You can just add a little more money and buy a van/car that is less than 8yrs old, this may save you a lot more in the end, otherwise, the only option is to go through cotounu if your vehicle is old. You don't want to learn by experience,
Hope this helps
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Jdesigns(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2008
hollirigth:

I will not advice anyone to ship cars older than 8yrs through Nigeria port. According to a reliable soruce, minivan is still considered as a car, the only exception to the 8yrs rule are 8seater and above passenger buses. Two of my cars just arrived Lagos from US this week but they are both yr2000. You can just add a little more money and buy a van/car that is less than 8yrs old, this may save you a lot more in the end, otherwise, the only option is to go through cotounu if your vehicle is old. You don't want to learn by experience,
Hope this helps

looks as if you really into the car import stuff, i can help you out if you are interested, ie using the togo port for cars more than 8years and i bring it in for you. my cars uses the road and not a bush and i use day light not nite. let me know if you game, so that i can tell you more about my options.

@Uzoo
you've heard it better not to learn by experience. it is either you get a car/minivan that is not more than 8years or you use other alternatives.
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2008
Sounds like you guys really know your stuff, when it comes to clearing. cool
Re: I Need Help On How To Import And Clear A 1995 Model Car From The States by Panache(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2008
uzoo:

hi,

thanks ,actually its a minivan , and its for business purpose , i'm not quite sure but i heard the strict importation of cars not older than 8 years does not apply to minivans and buses . so i don't intend to do the long or illegal route from other borders, but thanks anyway. i just need to know if this is true and if so how much it would cost to clear a minivan , say from 1995 or 1996. 1997 , 1998,1999 models

Uzoo, my agent assured me that there is no restriction on vans. I shipped a 99 Quest and Villager through the Tin Can port via RORO.It came out without a hitch in 3 days. I wil suggest that you find out from your agent if he/she can clear it, because his/her advice is the KOKO.

(1) (Reply)

Cleanest 2000 Honda Accord Babyboy. / Honda Accord I-vtech 2007 (discussion Continues) For Sale Very Low Mileage! / Chevrolet Optra Engine Needed For Instant Purchase.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.