Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,620 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? (7364 Views)

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Best Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by slavia(m): 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2008
Honestly i think some of our Naija movies has very good concepts, all iam sayin is that its not the concept that is the issue.
nigerian stars, producers and directors should get it into their thick skull that movies is not like buying and selling. they are mostly intersted in making money from the sale of the movies, thats unfortunate.
u have to be ready to learn from others and most especially spend money in ur movies. Naija has the most vibrant movie industry in the world second to bollywood but our movies sub standard and poorly conceived and therefore will not sell as it should beyond the shores of Africa. naija should take a look at some south African movies(my God they are spectacular) while naija movies are competing with plays-------------SHAME!!!!
a lot of work needs to be done especially in orientation. the viewers shouldnt just swallow anything they should ask for better value for their money.
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by powerofmap(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Owenja "Most of their so-called scripts are plagiarised hollywood scripts"
I think i disagree with you on that.Nollywood is growing and still I will stand on my point.I think a Film Critic Board that can air a programe to identify a good home videos for the family on a weekly basis would also help.
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by powerofmap(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin Da Prof na True you talk,
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2008
Note to upcoming producers: If you can't make your dream film, you can just produce a film review show!
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2008
You can review only good movies. If a movie is bad, just pretend it doesn't exist. Problem solved wink
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
The bad reviews could be harmless one-liners. Something like "unfortunately, the movie didn't work for us".
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by kemibaby: 4:47am On Feb 04, 2008
seun,
Just my humble thoughts. i am a producer in vancouver.
first and foremost
1. story story story. the chacters in a story must be very strong and must have goals.
2. then, get trained people, people who went to film school to work on your film.
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by whiteroses(f): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2008
i'm not sure of ways to improve the secondary faults but socially fire their director and bring in a sensible one, all movie quality depend on director. i hate it when girls like wear bad ass wig, black lipstick, blue eyeshadow and yellow wig, they think it's pretty but it's unproffesional and raz.
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by bishoptboy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
I think it was Alfred Hitchock(i'm not sure now) that was asked "three things that makes a good script" and he said "the script, the script, the script".
Until we start getting good script we cannot leave this level we are in. script isnt the only thing but film start from the script. once we get good script then we can move to the next thing like good directing. but intill then lets atop the argument about unprofessionalism of actors(dont get me wrong, i'm not saying we have great actors).
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by bishoptboy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2008
I have never been on any production in nollywood before so I cant say that they decent script but bad production. all I know is that the film sucks, starting with the storyline. I agree that its a bad production I believe the whole thing started with bad script then to bad director, illetrate producer, cheap and bad actors then to bad editing and they end it with bad packaging. everything is bad.
I agree with combrazor who said bad production. I have seen film with not too good storyline but good production and it comes out good. so if nollywood cant give us good stories at least they should improve on the level of production.
Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Nigerian Movies? by FMK(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2008
your   answers seem to be right but I Think Nigeria Culture Minister  needs to implement    movies Analysts department.  this to analyze  History ready to be Applied before acting and launching  because some actions need to be written off   such as  sexy action love action  what Happen , the way that we act  during the action  is the same way that seem to be an  Actif coincidencial   in personality and attidude of the Actor  if you act  as Priest or Pastor your consideration will be respectfull even  in your Life  if you act as sexy girl ith Kiss and  sleeping with a man, the actor and actress loose the dignity and the respect. people will treat you forever as harlot or  Prostitute   i know that productors and directors of movies are bihind the profit  but the problem Is, you are killing African Dignity  customs and the culture  what kind of contribution can these movies give to the Nigerian Nation for Country development ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Nollywood Films Of 2015 / 10 Best Nigerian Movies From 2014 For People Who Hate Nollywood Movies / Your Best Kissing Scene In A Movie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.