Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts (12122 Views)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Abia Speaker Deceived Us To Approve N30bn Loan —lawmakers / Amaechi Spent N30bn On Buhari - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by earthgreeners(m): 3:37am On Sep 07, 2012
N30bn Mile 12 to Ikorodu Road expansion starts

…As Property owners demand for compensation
The much publicised expansion work on the 13.5 kilometre Mile12 to Ikorodu Road project has begun as Lagos State government mobilised the contractor- Chinese Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation, CCECC, to site. The project is estimated to cost N30 billion.

This came as affected property owners appealed to the state government to ensure adequate compensation for the structures to be demolished.

The 59-year-old dual carriageway is to be expanded into six lanes with Bus Rapid Transit, BRT route in the middle.

Other features of the multi-million naira road project include 15 BRT bus stations, three terminals –to be located at Mile 12, Agric and Ikorodu, nine new bridges, seven pedestrian bridges to access BRT stations, nine pedestrian crossing points, 12 new U-turns to allow for traffic going towards Lagos and Ikorodu, lane markings and streetlights.

The project is scheduled to be completed within two years.

As expected, however, leaders of the Ikorodu community, including Ayodele Elesho, a former Commissioner for Information in Lagos, at a stakeholders’ forum, yesterday, organised by Lagos Area Metropolitan Transport Authority, LAMATA, expressed total support for the project, but called on the state government to consider compensation to owners of properties that must give way for the road expansion.

However, the consideration for compensation, it was gathered, is already being worked out by the government, as a source from the state Land Bureau advised those whose properties had been marked for demolition to send in relevant documents inclusive of Certificate of Occupancy, CofO, Approved Building Plans and related papers for assessment, and possible compensation.

The reality is that those without relevant documents may not benefit from the compensation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/n30bn-mile-12-to-ikorodu-road-expansion-starts/
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by nifemi01(m): 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
God bless fashola and d pple of lagos state.
And may God enlighten d pple of ondo state to know what governance is all about.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by jmaine: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nice way to go oga fash . .it's been long overdue . . . . Oya now cool
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by PaulJohn1: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Don't have a word to express my joy with this news. GOD bless BRF
The traffic on that road every morning and evening is hell.
Ikorodu will now join other part of Lagos in term of rapid growth and development.

Eko o ni baje o....
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
Go ACN

Only in the ACN

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by emiye(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Great move, less talk more action.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by EkoIle1: 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
Tinubu is at it again. He's remote controlling fashola to build this major road. I wish most of theses backward and bore hole states have somebody like Tinubu to remote control their isi ewu governors to perform like fashola....
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by ZeusI: 1:20am On Sep 08, 2012
Seeing is believing.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Omexonomy: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2012
nifemi01: God bless fashola and d pple of lagos state.
And may God enlighten d pple of ondo state to know what governance is all about.
the road belong to the fed govt and the fed govt gave the money to state on an agreement both made sometimes ago take it or leave it.(e.g badagry expresway 30% ecowas 60%fed govt nig 10%lag govt) And b4 u start trowing insult go to alausa and ask them and that is if they will be truthful for onece in thier live. Let us give credit to whomever it belong. No dout fashola is working.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Omexonomy: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2012
Eko Ile: Tinubu is at it again. He's remote controlling fashola to build this major road. I wish most of theses backward and bore hole states have somebody like Tinubu to remote control their isi ewu governors to perform like fashola....
i am not an igbo dude nontheless stop the insult.
the road belong to the fed govt and the fed govt gave the money to state on an agreement both made sometimes ago take it or leave it.(e.g badagry expresway 30% ecowas 60%fed govt nig 10%lag govt) And b4 u start trowing insult go to alausa and ask them and that is if they will be truthful for onece in thier live. Let us give credit to whomever it belong. No dout fashola is working.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Omexonomy: 7:20am On Sep 08, 2012
Paul John: Don't have a word to express my joy with this news. GOD bless BRF
The traffic on that road every morning and evening is hell.
Ikorodu will now join other part of Lagos in term of rapid growth and development.

Eko o ni baje o....
good things bring hapines and may u be always happy.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by RichDad1(m): 7:34am On Sep 08, 2012
Omexonomy:
I beg stop this lies joor. Which federal Govt ? The same Fed Govt that was unable to fix Lag-Ibadan express for more than a decade ?

4 Likes

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by PaulJohn1: 8:28am On Sep 08, 2012
Rich Dad:
I beg stop this lies joor. Which federal Govt ? The same Fed Govt that was unable to fix Lag-Ibadan express for more than a decade ?

Help me tell him o.
Lagos-Ibadan Xpress way
Lagos-Benin-Ore Road
Oshogbo-Kwara road
Ilesa-Akure road
Ikorodu-Ishagamu road

All these are all federal roads with nothing been done to them.
The first two I listed up there are likely to be the two most vital roads in this country. Connecting the commercial center(Lagos) to the North, East and South.

Again, GOD bless Fashola
Eko oni baje o...

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Clerverly: 8:48am On Sep 08, 2012
Omexonomy:
Your ignorance can be excused anyway.

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2012
*dials friend* How far that land for Ikorodu wey I tell you about?

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2012
This will be a great source of relief for people living in Ikorodu.cheesy
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2012
now i breathe a sigh of relief. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by stpat1(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2012
That is what you get when you have a Visionary Governor and Party whose number 1 mandate is to listen to the the people, serve the people and bring landmark development to the people.

God Bless Babatunde Raji Fashola
God Bless Comrade Adams Oshiomole
God Bless _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
God bless ACN

2 Likes

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by johnstar(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2012
dat money noe 2much
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by dridowu: 10:18am On Sep 08, 2012
Omexonomy:
sorry bro , i guess u dy sleep as u dy type ds...............FG dat cant repari lagos-ibadan exp, sagamu-benin exp........etc. I guess ur papa na FG, DAT GVES D LAGOS GOVT TO REPAIR IT..............POOR YOU
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by seanet01: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2012
johnstar: dat money noe 2much
how is it too much? A six lane with some bridges and many more. Comprehend please.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by kaeto(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2012
Rich Dad:
That was the old FG under the watch of your brother OBJ, this is GEJ's dispensation and we get in 2 years what you never got in a decade, if fash was president would you also amount these heaps of blames on him? Stop the sectionalism please.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2012
GOD BLESS THE SOUTH WEST....EPITOME OF PROGRESS!!!!

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 08, 2012
Omexonomy:
Ok, the FG gave them money abi? Pls even if that was true of an FG who called Sw leaders "togues" and have a deep hatred for the region,are u telling me that FG hasnt allocated billions to ur PDP led states for roads just for the project and money to go down the drain? ACN is a GREAT party and PDP is a FAILED party. Gba be! Leave it! Dont touch it!

2 Likes

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by ujukala: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2012
Well done, the megacity.

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by solomon111(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2012
maryjames9: Ok, the FG gave them money abi? Pls even if that was true of an FG who called Sw leaders "togues" and have a deep hatred for the region,are u telling me that FG hasnt allocated billions to ur PDP led states for roads just for the project and money to go down the drain? ACN is a GREAT party and PDP is a FAILED party. Gba be! Leave it! Dont touch it!
ACN is a great party?
Lol.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Dejiro(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2012
Which Federal Government? as far as people in Lagos is concerned Federal Government is only existing on paper. Even when we patch and reconstruct Federal roads do they pay? Which road in the whole of South West has FG build in the last 13years? For us in Lagos, FG is the symbol of backwardness in Nigeria.
Rich Dad:

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2012
Truly Fashola is working. My only fear is whether d next administration wuld pick up from wherever Raji stoppd when his tenure ends
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by Nwoka(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2012
Reduced hold-ups!! Reduced armed robbery and accident!!! Go Brf Go!!bet must it be a chinese company lipsrsealed
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by oiseworld: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2012
Dejiro: Which Federal Government? as far as people in Lagos is concerned Federal Government is only existing on paper. Even when we patch and reconstruct Federal roads do they pay? Which road in the whole of South West has FG build in the last 13years? For us in Lagos, FG is the symbol of backwardness in Nigeria.

you just spoke for yourself and not Lagosians. Half of Lagos state and are roads are federal govt's.

That road is a federal road, and theirs no way the lagos state govt can put a shovel with out an agreement with the federal govt.
Yes fashola is working agreed, but for this one oohh, an agreement must have been reached.

QED.
Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by totorimi: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2012
Lagos is working, Fashola is working, Lagosians are pleased. PDP keep off from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts by gregg2: 11:16am On Sep 08, 2012
Hm . . . 30b naira just for a 6 lanes 13km road?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ / Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop / Edo 2020: Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Sign Peace Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.