Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! (1727 Views)

Explaining Bible Contradiction. / A Thread For Catholics / Atheist Pls Can U Help In Explaining This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hardly does any of my threads make the front page. Heartbroken# cry

Seriously, what are the criteria for front page material?

1 Like

Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by alienvirus: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lol. Maybe none of your threads has been taken to the frontpage. Sorry bro. Try again later.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nigerians don't want anything anti-religion, and hence you embody everything they hate: sense, freewill, reason, and "fly". Once you renounce atheism and embrace MOGs as the best thing since sliced bread, all your threads thenceforth will make frontpage. And your love of islam wouldn't hurt.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
SimonAndal: Nigerians don't want anything anti-religion, and hence you embody everything they hate: sense, freewill, reason, and "fly". Once you renounce atheism and embrace MOGs as the best thing since sliced bread, all your threads thenceforth will make frontpage. And your love of islam wouldn't hurt.

Lmao....so until I become a tithe preacher? na waa ooo!
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by CrazyMan(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01: Hardly does any of my threads make the front page. Heartbroken# cry

Seriously, what are the criteria for front page material?
Post stories that carry an attractive headline...then be sure you provide reasonable links to back it up...

Click on this link for a typical example.

https://www.nairaland.com/1024534/pastor-adeboyes-message-young-singles-marriage

Good luck. cool
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
CrazyMan:
Post threads that carry an attractive headline...

Click on this link for a typical example.

https://www.nairaland.com/1024534/pastor-adeboyes-message-young-singles-marriage

Good luck.

I should talk about pastors and tithes? Lmao. This is a huge joke!
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by CrazyMan(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:
I should talk about pastors and tithes? Lmao. This is a huge joke!
I never asked you to talk about tithing...even the link I provided doesn't talk about tithing.

Just post something you feel sounds like a headline news and I would make the front page.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
CrazyMan:
I never asked you to talk about tithing...even the link I provided doesn't talk about tithing.

Just post something you feel sounds like a headline news and I would make the front page.

lol....headline news about pastors abi?
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by kokabiel(f): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
@OP perhaps a section for Atheists is not uncalled for. I get a sense that Atheists would rather discuss progressive initiatives instead of God-bashing as they commonly do. The God-obsession is worn-out. Truly there are worthy themes you can discuss on the religion section that will make front-page so long as you are not doing it in an evangelical manner. It is an open secret that there are false prophets (wolves among the sheep) clearly exposing these false MOG for who they are - (from a non-religious stand-point) would make an interesting topic. As soon as it devolves to the existence of God and why he is not doing anything about it, you basically kill the buzz and drop of the frontpage
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by CrazyMan(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:
lol....headline news about pastors abi?
Would it kill you if you look at the link before jumping into conclusions... undecided

If you hate pastors so much, then start a thread about atheism and pray that the moderators post it on the front page. undecided
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Or create a thread insinuating that GEJ and IBB are having a torrid affair! grin
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by CrazyMan(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
SimonAndal: Or create a thread insinuating that GEJ and IBB are having a torrid affair! grin
Without any reputable source to backup your claims, your thread would be locked...and considering the high rate of ban on NL these days, you might equally be issued a ban for false information.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
With the bullshit that makes front page these days, you'd wonder why anyone would want to make front page? I usually post on front page topics to piss people off..
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
CrazyMan:
Would it kill you if you look at the link before jumping into conclusions... undecided

If you hate pastors so much, then start a thread about atheism and pray that the moderators post it on the front page. undecided

The thread is about Adeboyes nonsense preaching.

Btw, I have made numerous threads on atheism, ignorant one
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by tobechi20(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2012
Op, i hav realisd dat tins about religon hardly make front page. No mata haw relevant d topic iz.

If u want front page, talk romance or politics. Is unfortunate but dats d truth. I wonda why
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
tobechi20: Op, i hav realisd dat tins about religon hardly make front page. No mata haw relevant d topic iz.

If u want front page, talk romance or politics. Is unfortunate but dats d truth. I wonda why

Very unfair! cry
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by TheOP1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
Exactly most topics that make front page are on politics or celebrity gossip that does not affect the price of anything.

2 Likes

Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
The OP: Exactly most topics that make front page are on politics or celebrity gossip that does not affect the price of anything.

Why did you stop short from mentioning the price of Garri
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
The OP: Exactly most topics that make front page are on politics or celebrity gossip that does not affect the price of anything.
OP are you a Muslim or an atheist? Your posts confuse me.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by manmustwac(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2012
TRUE! We mods do have the option of recommending a topic from our individual sections for the homepage but that's no guarantee that it would make it there. I have noticed that the only topics that make it to the homepage from this section are topics like T B Joshua, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Chris Okotie, Helen Ukpabio etc. Topics like Frosbels topic about the Holy Trinity that am sure would've clocked at least 10 pages. But then i see Islamic threads making the homepage that struggle to even get 3 pages when we on the religion section outnumber them by at least 2 to 1 & we hardly get a topic on the homepage. Well am glad u raised the issue MacDaddy01 am sure if u were a muslim & making threads on Islam you'd have had at least half a dozen topics on the homepage by now
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Goshen360(m): 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
manmustwac: TRUE! We mods do have the option of recommending a topic from our individual sections for the homepage but that's no guarantee that it would make it there. I have noticed that the only topics that make it to the homepage from this section are topics like T B Joshua, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Chris Okotie, Helen Ukpabio etc. Topics like Frosbels topic about the Holy Trinity that am sure would've clocked at least 10 pages. But then i see Islamic threads making the homepage that struggle to even get 3 pages when we on the religion section outnumber them by at least 2 to 1 & we hardly get a topic on the homepage. Well am glad u raised the issue MacDaddy01 am sure if u were a muslim & making threads on Islam you'd have had at least half a dozen topics on the homepage by now

On the highlight,......BUT the guy keeps getting banned in the Islam Session. So how his post even make it to the front page when he is often banned?
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Goshen360:

On the highlight,......BUT the guy keeps getting banned in the Islam Session. So how his post even make it to the front page when he is often banned?

lmao....so you know that I get banned and you cant even give me some support? Are you a real christian?
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
manmustwac: TRUE! We mods do have the option of recommending a topic from our individual sections for the homepage but that's no guarantee that it would make it there. I have noticed that the only topics that make it to the homepage from this section are topics like T B Joshua, Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Chris Okotie, Helen Ukpabio etc. Topics like Frosbels topic about the Holy Trinity that am sure would've clocked at least 10 pages. But then i see Islamic threads making the homepage that struggle to even get 3 pages when we on the religion section outnumber them by at least 2 to 1 & we hardly get a topic on the homepage. Well am glad u raised the issue MacDaddy01 am sure if u were a muslim & making threads on Islam you'd have had at least half a dozen topics on the homepage by now

I thought that it was moderators that had the final say in front page topics. Sorry.

Anyway, we can hope
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Goshen360(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lmao....so you know that I get banned and you cant even give me some support? Are you a real christian?

My brother.....I support you o 24/7, even though you are who you are but I hate injustice. But I don talk now nah......wetin come be this one you dey talk naw..... shocked grin
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by manmustwac(m): 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
Go to the homepage & click on the featured links link. You will see who is responsible for homepage topics.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
manmustwac: Go to the homepage & click on the featured links link. You will see who is responsible for homepage topics.

Cheers
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
Goshen360:

My brother.....I support you o 24/7, even though you are who you are but I hate injustice. But I don talk now nah......wetin come be this one you dey talk naw..... shocked grin

Thats good. grin grin grin grin
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by Goshen360(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I thought that it was moderators that had the final say in front page topics. Sorry.

Anyway, we can hope

The Mod DONT have final say on frong page topic.....think about that, otherwise every Mod will flood the front page with unnecessary topics. How I know this is true is, there was a time when manmustwas locked a thread and we complained about it that it wasn't suppose to be locked and the next thing we saw was, the thread was unlocked and straight to the front page. So it was Mukina2 (Super Moderator) and Seun (Admin), that has the sole power to put a topic on front page. So Mukina2 unlocked that thread and sent to front page. Should it be in the power of the sectional moderators, manmustwac would not have locked it in the first place and then open it and then send to front page.....it doesn't make any sense that way. I hope you understand my brother.
Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
Goshen360:

The Mod DONT have final say on frong page topic.....think about that, otherwise every Mod will flood the front page with unnecessary topics. How I know this is true is, there was a time when manmustwas locked a thread and we complained about it that it wasn't suppose to be locked and the next thing we saw was, the thread was unlocked and straight to the front page. So it was Mukina2 (Super Moderator) and Seun (Admin), that has the sole power to put a topic on front page. So Mukina2 unlocked that thread and sent to front page. Should it be in the power of the sectional moderators, manmustwac would not have locked it in the first place and then open it and then send to front page.....it doesn't make any sense that way. I hope you understand my brother.

I see. Manmustwacc, berra get some authority! You no tire for all these tithe preachers getting frot page?

1 Like

Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
SimonAndal: Nigerians don't want anything anti-religion, and hence you embody everything they hate: sense, freewill, reason, and "fly". Once you renounce atheism and embrace MOGs as the best thing since sliced bread, all your threads thenceforth will make frontpage. And your love of islam wouldn't hurt.

it is not just that. Nairaland MODs are also higly discriminatory against other religions. Upto now, not even "ONE" thread on Traditional Religion has made it to the front page. if it ever has, it is in the form of giving us bad names for other Nairalanders to abuse us such as those on "ritual killings" or "bullet-proof" vests by private individuals. our deep-seated knowledge and religious values are never expounded. This site is so biased. and also its MODs. sad

for example there are right now 2 threads on the frontpage, to appease both, muslims & christians:

for xtians https://www.nairaland.com/1041504/cossy-orjiakor-im-born-again
for muslims https://www.nairaland.com/449276/directory-good-islamic-schools-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by MacDaddy01: 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is not just that. Nairaland MODs are also higly discriminatory against other religions. Upto now, not even "ONE" thread on Traditional Religion has made it to the front page. if it ever has, it is in the form of giving us bad names for other Nairalanders to abuse us such as those on "ritual killings" or "bullet-proof" vests by private individuals. our deep-seated knowledge and religious values are never expounded. This site is so biased. and also its MODs. sad

for example there are right now 2 threads on the frontpage, to appease both, muslims & christians:

for xtians https://www.nairaland.com/1041504/cossy-orjiakor-im-born-again
for muslims https://www.nairaland.com/449276/directory-good-islamic-schools-nigeria

Goddamit! My fellow Nigerians are ignorant bigots...... angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Moderators Please Create A Thread Explaining How To Make Front Page Material! by ghostofsparta(m): 12:43am On Sep 08, 2012
I think it is highly unfair and unjust of those running Nairaland from SEUN to the sectional moderators to discriminate on what type of religious topics would look candy on the front page. They pick topics relating to ONLY Christianity and Islam while deliberating neglecting atheist and trado-paganic topics, I might have agreed with the other poster who said had it been MacDaddy's or Pagan9ja's topics were eye-catchy or having a well phrased title they might have been on the front page but then again I have seen several awkward titled Christian and Islamic topics making the front page...I am inclined to think, they runners of NL just don't want to rock the boat. Period!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions For Protestants / Can Man Really Help God? / Any MFM Church/branch Close To Jabi Abuja?? Please I Need To Locate One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.