Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary (12144 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 / 2012 Warning - Message From The Blessed Mother(CATHOLICS PLS READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by naslinks(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2012
Today September 8 is the birthday of Mother Mary. It is the feast day of the nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the mother of the Lord Jesus.I am forever grateful for all the intercessions and help in times of great need when I need comfort you have been there to listen to me and to lift us out of misery. Thank you Mother Mary for everything!!! May you continue to intercede for us, pray for us and guide us in our life.
The primary focus of this feast day is that the world had been enslaved in the darkness of sin and with the arrival of Mary begins a glimmer of light. Living in our current culture of death, we rejoice in Mother Mary who shows us the way to the culture of life by drawing us closer to the Heart of her Son. As St. Louis de Montfort says, "She is an echo of God, speaking and repeating only God. If you say "Mary" she says "God". There is a bond of love between Mary and God like no other.

As the Mother of God, Mary is radiantly beautifully. She is totally pure, modest, chaste, humble, obedient. Her soul is immaculate -- free from the stain of original sin. Mary is often referred to as the "New Eve." Through her fiat -- her obedience to the will of God -- she opened the doors of redemption and salvation to all her children which had been closed by Eve in her disobedience to the will of God. Because of God's eternal design, she became a necessary element for our redemption from the bondage of sin. As St. Jerome wrote: "Death through Eve, life through Mary." And, in the words of St. Louis de Montfort, "Mary alone gives to the unfortunate children of unfaithful Eve entry into that earthly paradise where they may walk pleasantly with God and be safely hidden from their enemies. There they can feed without fear of death on the delicious fruit of the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They can drink copiously the heavenly waters of that beauteous fountain which gushes forth in such abundance."
Today, let us celebrate with joyful hearts the miraculous birth of God's Mother and our Mother -- the one who gives us life and hope for the future.

Happy birthday mummy.We love you and we are.Thank you Mother!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by ijawkid(m): 9:02am On Sep 08, 2012
What is this??
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by TariEnoch(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2012
Virgin Mary is always our mother. She accepted the
responsibilities of motherhood, when her only Son
gave Her to us during His last hour on earth. She does
everything to the glory of God.
MUMMY WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH....HAPI BIRTHDAY SWEETEST MUM..

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by OmoAlata(f): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2012
Mark 3:31-35

And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by OmoAlata(f): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2012
Matthew 2:11

And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by OmoAlata(f): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2012
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Bella3(f): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2012
Omo Alata: John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
Bless you!
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by ceej24: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2012
Happy birthday to my sweet mother mary thank you for all your prayers.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2012
Happy birthday blessed mother mary, mother of child Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2012
Happy birthday to the purest of creatures.The lily of the valley.

Theotokos !! Maria mater dei ora pronobis
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by naslinks(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2012
Many non-Catholics have been trained from childhood to believe that one of the clear proofs of the falsity of Catholicism is to be found in the honor that is paid to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Catholic Church, and in the innumerable trusting prayers that are offered to her by Catholics. At the same time it is true that many non-Catholics, when they learn what are the genuine foundations of Catholic devotion to Mary , are drawn by it so irresistibly that. ultimately they become Catholics. For the truth is very simple and clear, and is all contained in the following two truths. 

1. Mary is the Mother of God. Catholics do not believe that God was bound by any compulsion to have a Mother; they believe that He chose to have a Mother and all that this implies. He chose to permit His human body to be formed in her womb. 

He chose to permit her to bring Him forth as a tiny baby into the world. He chose to let her feed Him at her breast, carry Him in her arms, guard Him from danger, and teach Him as any child would be taught, to walk and speak and pray. He thereby chose to grant Mary a power over Him that only love can bestow. Catholics believe that in choosing a mother, the Son of God chose to grant her the power over His will that the love of a good mother always wields over a good son. 

2. Mary is a mother to all men. Catholics believe that the Son of God chose to come into the world through a mother in order that that mother might accept as His brothers all the children of the sinful race of man. He set an example as to how she should be honored and loved. He prepared her for this motherhood of all by asking her to suffer every conceivable form of pain, thus teaching her sympathy for the sorrows of her children. Had she been His Mother alone, He would have spared her from pain, because He had the power to do so and because He loved her with an infinite love. He wrought His first public miracle at her request, and when He was dying He reminded her that she had been destined from the beginning to be a Mother to all. Catholics therefore believe that Mary will be as eager to help them, in troubles of soul and body, as every natural mother is eager to promote the welfare of her child. 

The rosaries that Catholics recite are but the expression of their belief in these two truths. They know that if Mary speaks to her Divine Son in their behalf, there can be no doubt about their receiving an answer to their prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by ijawkid(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
naslinks: Many non-Catholics have been trained from childhood to believe that one of the clear proofs of the falsity of Catholicism is to be found in the honor that is paid to the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Catholic Church, and in the innumerable trusting prayers that are offered to her by Catholics. At the same time it is true that many non-Catholics, when they learn what are the genuine foundations of Catholic devotion to Mary , are drawn by it so irresistibly that. ultimately they become Catholics. For the truth is very simple and clear, and is all contained in the following two truths. 

1. Mary is the Mother of God. Catholics do not believe that God was bound by any compulsion to have a Mother; they believe that He chose to have a Mother and all that this implies. He chose to permit His human body to be formed in her womb. 

He chose to permit her to bring Him forth as a tiny baby into the world. He chose to let her feed Him at her breast, carry Him in her arms, guard Him from danger, and teach Him as any child would be taught, to walk and speak and pray. He thereby chose to grant Mary a power over Him that only love can bestow. Catholics believe that in choosing a mother, the Son of God chose to grant her the power over His will that the love of a good mother always wields over a good son. 

2. Mary is a mother to all men. Catholics believe that the Son of God chose to come into the world through a mother in order that that mother might accept as His brothers all the children of the sinful race of man. He set an example as to how she should be honored and loved. He prepared her for this motherhood of all by asking her to suffer every conceivable form of pain, thus teaching her sympathy for the sorrows of her children. Had she been His Mother alone, He would have spared her from pain, because He had the power to do so and because He loved her with an infinite love. He wrought His first public miracle at her request, and when He was dying He reminded her that she had been destined from the beginning to be a Mother to all. Catholics therefore believe that Mary will be as eager to help them, in troubles of soul and body, as every natural mother is eager to promote the welfare of her child. 

The rosaries that Catholics recite are but the expression of their belief in these two truths. They know that if Mary speaks to her Divine Son in their behalf, there can be no doubt about their receiving an answer to their prayers. 

I'm a lil confused with ur write up...

Is mary the mother of the son of GOD or the mother of GOD??

I don confuse die....
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

I don confuse die....

Seriously, the matter confused me too o...
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
idol worshippers !
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

I don confuse die....
who is God? God d father, son and spirit ar bt one God. A person wit 3 diff xtics. He was right 2 say God. Now go read ur bible

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel: idol worshippers !

shattap there this children of bishop oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
holyvirgin:
who is God? God d father, son and spirit ar bt one God. A person wit 3 diff xtics. He was right 2 say God. Now go read ur bible

Now we can see where the trinity doctrine came from , the same church that gave us :

1. Immaculate conception
2. Mary's ascension to heaven
3. immortal soul
4. a horrifying eternal hell of torment
5. Purgatory
6. crusades
7. pope infallibility
8. veneration of saints

What a Pagan institution angry

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

Now we can see where the trinity doctrine came from , the same church that gave us :

1. Immaculate conception
3. immortal soul
5. Purgatory
6. crusades
7. pope infallibility
8. veneration of saints

no.1,3 and 4 got me belve u ar nt even a xtian so xplaining d rest won't mke any diff. @pope's infallibility does nt mean d pope is perfect, bt it means d pope has a ryt to take decisions whch must b obeyd by d church. Pls find out d meaning of veneration?

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
Bélla3: Bless you!
onukwu what ar u blesin her 4? U guy's claim u knw d scriptures bt u argue blindly. catholics worshp God and hm alone would we serve. Foolish ppl, u reverre, honour and respect ur earthly parents bt stil nt regard d mother of christ bt treat her lyk trash.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
seriallink:

Seriously, the matter confused me too o...
ask God 4 wisdom
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid: What is this??
it is a write up, catholic celebrate universally 3 birthdays, the birth of the lord and savior Jesus christ and the 2 people God used in his mission, john the baptist his foreruner who told d world "behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world" and the virgin mary who God chose to be the mother of my savior, she accepted God's will for her in humble obedience when she said "be it done to me according to your words". Sept 8 is d day catholics, estern catholics and some orthodox christains celebrate the birth of mary.
Peace
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Omo Alata: John 14:6

and my bible says "offer prayer, supplication, intercession for..." are you against offering intercession? And even rm15:30, col4:3, 1thes5:25 paul ask the living christains to pray on his behalf, if the intercession of the living goes through christ the im sure that the intercession of those who have passed away goes through christ as my bible testifys
rev5:8 "and when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twentyfour elders fell down before the lamb, each holden a harp, and a bowls full of incense which was the prayers of the saints.
Rev8:4 "and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of an angel before God
my dear those two passage show that the angels and saints in heaven offer our prayers to God (intercession) and rev 5:8 tell me that the prayer of the saints offered by the elders was offered to the lamb, so my friend the prayer still went throught christ.
So it seem you dont have a point.
Peace
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

I don confuse die....
i very much doubt that you are confused, catholics believe the the son of God, Jesus christ, is God, im very sure you have heard it before it is called the trinity.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel: idol worshippers !

go tell that to the pagans, i serve a living God.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

1. Immaculate conception
3. immortal soul
5. Purgatory
6. crusades
7. pope infallibility
8. veneration of saints

just a little heads up, the time you paste something like this dont show you ignorance by writing "the acension of mary" because catholics dont believe that mary acended write instead "the assumption of mary" mary didnt ascend she was assumed into heaven. Go and learn the difference.
And incase you dont know 'crusades' is dont a doctrine.
Peace
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ubenedictus: just a little heads up, the time you paste something like this dont show you ignorance by writing "the acension of mary" because catholics dont believe that mary acended write instead "the assumption of mary" mary didnt ascend she was assumed into heaven. Go and learn the difference.
And incase you dont know 'crusades' is dont a doctrine.
Peace

same thing mate,

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven, informally known as The Assumption, according to the Christian beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, and parts of Anglicanism, was the bodily taking up of the Virgin Mary into Heaven at the end of her earthly life.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ubenedictus: go tell that to the pagans, i serve a living God.
dn't mind those pagans who knw nothn abt d church, bt claim 2 b xtians. A lady on NL said catholics say they ar nt christians bt catholicism and i just knew those ar lies d pastors tel 2 kip colectin tithes 4 their private jets. Hear it now we ar christians and d universal church.
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
holyvirgin:
dn't mind those pagans who knw nothn abt d church, bt claim 2 b xtians. A lady on NL said catholics say they ar nt christians bt catholicism and i just knew those ar lies d pastors tel 2 kip colectin tithes 4 their private jets. Hear it now we ar christians and d universal church.

See who is calling who Pagans, LOL.

Common you guys worship :

1. Three gods in the Trinity
2. Mary
3. Dead Saints
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Omo Alata: Mark 3:31-35

And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”
read Rev.12 vs 1 down and discover God does nt abandon d vessel he uses
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

2. Mary
3. Dead Saints

Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by iheanyi4u(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
I really feel sorry for some catholics.
First of all nowhere was it recorded in the bible that mary ascended into heaven.
Secondly how can one after having a baby still be a virgin? That's distorting scripture.
And like someone rightly pointed out Jesus is the way truth and the life
Re: Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary by holyvirgin: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

2. Mary
3. Dead Saints

its either u ar a jehovah's witnes or an atheist so i hav no biz wit u. I laff at ur ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fight The Islamic Agenda Now And Give Ur Children A More Peaceful Tomorrow / Richest Church In The World / 2019: Catholic Church Will Enforce Ban On Political Prophecy – Bishop Onaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.