Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Interview With Daystar Choir's Music Director ( Phd In Drums) . - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Interview With Daystar Choir's Music Director ( Phd In Drums) . (7325 Views)

Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Interview With Maleek Berry, Wizkid's Producer / Need A Music Director? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Daystar Choir's Music Director ( Phd In Drums) . by soulfood(m): 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
INTERVIEW WITH K-STICKS (MUSIC DIRECTOR OF DAYSTAR CHOIR)

Tell us about yourself. Who is K-Sticks?

My names are Pinmiloye Olukunle Joshua, but everybody knows me as K-Sticks. My wife’s name is Bunmi and she is called B-Sticks. I see the drum as a medium of expression. Drumming is something I was sent to this world to do.

I was given the name K-Sticks some years ago in Obafemi Awolowo University and it’s stuck since then. Even my students in Ife call me Mr. K-Sticks. My siblings have stopped calling me Kunle (the name my father gave me) and they call me K-Sticks. Most of my choir members don’t know my surname.

I am drummer; a musicologist. I had a certificate course from the University of Ife which was my first attempt. I had my ABRSM – Association Board of Royal School of Music, London. I did a degree course in music (BA) which enabled me to become the first drummer to major in drums. I am the Music director of Daystar Choir.

I am the first drummer to major in drums for my first degree after which I did my Masters. Going for a doctorate degree (PhD) was a challenge. There was nobody to teach me, or supervise me. There is a missing gap; no lecturer of drum......................................

http://nobeeffect.com/roots/daystar-choir-healing-stream-of-god/
Re: Interview With Daystar Choir's Music Director ( Phd In Drums) . by pheesayor(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2016
I was in a concertyesterday where he directed a song, this guy is just toooo good
Re: Interview With Daystar Choir's Music Director ( Phd In Drums) . by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
Stop the lies. He was my lecturer. His Phd was not in drums.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Pls Rate My Music / Eldee vs Freestyle: Hottest Beef In Nigeria Now! / Future – Fine China – Featuring. Juice WRLD - DOWNLOAD MP3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.