Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo (1508 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2012
‘...just say a simple...NO‘ James5:12NLT

When you don‘t learn to say ‘NO‘ you end up disliking yourself as well as the people you are trying to please. In some cases we have difficulty saying it because we‘re afraid people won‘t like us. In other cases we believe that to be ‘a good christian‘ we must always say YES. Jesus said, ‘...let your NO be (a simple) NO, so that you may not sin...‘(James 5:12AMP) Only wen you have the courage to say NO will you mature, be able to address your own unmet needs and start respecting yourself. And in time others will too.
So do these 3 things:
1. THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND; if you need to say, ‘can i get back to you?‘ Dont make commitments without consulting GOD, your calender and your family. ‘if you need wisdom, ask our generous GOD and HE wil give it to you...‘(James 1:5NLT)

2.WHEN YOUR PLATE‘S FULL, SAY SO; responding to so called emergencies caused by somebody else‘s poor planning & sloppy habits won‘t do either of you any good. Limit what you say YES to, then stick with it. Don‘t take on more because you feel pressured, guilty or indispensible. You‘ll discover thatt you‘re only indispensible untill you say NO- or die!

3. GO WITH YOUR GIFTS: God has given each of us unique talents. If you've to choose between singing in the choir or sitting on the finance committee, go to where your talents will be best utilised.

Is this always easy ? NO, but unless you learn to do it you'll end up investing too much time & energy in what seems urgent, & neglect whats important.
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
JESUS IS LORD!!!
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
[b][/b]

Wickedness is real, oppression is real, BUT more REAL IS OUR VICTORY! IN JESUS NAME. AMEN
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by PastorKun(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
Prestonvic: ‘...jst say a simple...NO‘ James5:12NLT

Wen u don‘t learn 2 say ‘NO‘ u end up disliking urself as well as d ppl u are trying to please. In some cases we have difficulty saying it because we‘re afraid ppl won‘t like us. In other cases we believe dt 2 be ‘a good christian‘ we must always say YES. Jesus said, ‘...let ur NO be (a simple) NO, so dt u may nt sin...‘(James 5:12AMP) Only wen u have d courage to say NO will u mature, be able 2 adress ur own unmet needs n start respecting urslf. And in time others will too.
So do these 3 things:
1. THINK BEFORE U RESPOND; if u need to say, ‘can i get back to u?‘ Dnt make comitments without consulting GOD, ur calender and ur family. ‘if u need wisdom, ask our generous GOD and HE wil give it 2 u...‘(James 1:5NLT)

2.WHEN UR PLATE‘S FULL, SAY SO; responding 2 so called emergencies caused by sombody else‘s poor planning & sloppy habits won‘t do either of u any good. Limit what u say YES to, then stick wt it. Dnt take on more because u feel pressured, guilty or indispensible. You‘ll discover dt u‘re only indispensible untill u say NO- or die!

3. GO WITH YOUR GIFTS: God has given each of us unique talents. If you've to choose b/w singing n d choir or sitting on d finance committee, go to where ur talents will be best utilised.

Is this always easy ? NO, but unless u learn to do it you'll end up investing too much time & energy in what seems urgent, & neglect whats important.

The summary of this heretic teaching by Charlatan Oyedepo is that his followers should learn to be selfish and say NO to others that might need their help. This teaching is quite clearly contrary to the teachings of christ who teachesus to help those in need around us and can only come from an anti christ. I also hope his followers learn to say NO to him when he asks them for illicit tithes, offerings, seeds and other rackets he developes to reap off his deluded followers.
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by nedostic: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Pastor Kun,

Perhaps you are a bit critical of Oyedepo. I do not think the whole message in the post is entirely selfish-driven.

More so, the onus is on members of his church to follow the right path based on the scripture and not follow the man called David Oyedepo. Majority of Nigerians need to correct and equally scrutinize every word that comes from their various heads(church leaders).

Need I remind you, that even most church members these days hardly read their bibles outside the church. So what do you expect? If you ask a typical Nigerian church member any question, he/she would always tell you that my pastor says this or that and NOT what the bible says.

I am of the opinion that the sheep(church member) equally has a role to play even though the shepherd(church leader/pastor)has a much more enormous role to play. Recall,that salvation is a one-man race.

My own take is that poverty with our 'failing economic system' has taken a negative toll on the psyche of Nigerians,that most of us see the church as the 'only' veritable avenue of breaking away from the vicious cycle of poverty and squalor. This works anyway based on faith, religious idiosyncrasies or what some one else might call stroke of luck!

The only snag I have with prosperity message is the way/method its being peddled by 'supposedly' men of God. Most times, it leaves the poor in the society poorer while giving them false hope and taking away their scarce 'little resources' all in the name of giving or sowing.

I am equally at pains when I see gigantic church structures, yet most of the poor brethren cannot be catered for.

Why would a church build schools yet most members cannot send their kid/wards to the same schools. Such schools these days belong to the 'exclusive class' in the society.

I have always asked a question, if the western missionaries built schools for the commoners, why would the Nigerian religious organisations headed and attended by Nigerian locals not do the same?

What a hypocrisy in the Nigerian church nay all the religious organisations in Nigeria! Perhaps, the Nigerian mentality by default is 'self,self.....self...and no one else....'

If there is any 'commodity' that sells like a 'wild fire' amongst the 'poor', its definitely the promise of
'instant' miracles. This is one area,men have exploited over the years to enrich themselves by means of manipulation of the belief system of men.

May the good LORD grant us wisdom and grace of fellowship!

1 Like

Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The summary of this heretic teaching by Charlatan Oyedepo is that his followers should learn to be selfish and say NO to others that might need their help. This teaching is quite clearly contrary to the teachings of christ who teachesus to help those in need around us and can only come from an anti christ. I also hope his followers learn to say NO to him when he asks them for illicit tithes, offerings, seeds and other rackets he developes to reap off his deluded followers.

I disagree with you bro because there is alot of sense in that teaching. Please read again & think!
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2012
Pastor Kun:

What is heretic is this simple wisdom teaching. Must you be a sworn critic? . The teaching aboove are simple principles from book of proverb . OMO ARAYE CANNOT BE PLEASED .
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by okeyxyz(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
Prestonvic: ‘...jst say a simple...NO‘ James5:12NLT

Wen u don‘t learn 2 say ‘NO‘ u end up disliking urself as well as d ppl u are trying to please. In some cases we have difficulty saying it because we‘re afraid ppl won‘t like us. In other cases we believe dt 2 be ‘a good christian‘ we must always say YES. Jesus said, ‘...let ur NO be (a simple) NO, so dt u may nt sin...‘(James 5:12AMP) Only wen u have d courage to say NO will u mature, be able 2 adress ur own unmet needs n start respecting urslf. And in time others will too.
So do these 3 things:
1. THINK BEFORE U RESPOND; if u need to say, ‘can i get back to u?‘ Dnt make comitments without consulting GOD, ur calender and ur family. ‘if u need wisdom, ask our generous GOD and HE wil give it 2 u...‘(James 1:5NLT)

2.WHEN UR PLATE‘S FULL, SAY SO; responding 2 so called emergencies caused by sombody else‘s poor planning & sloppy habits won‘t do either of u any good. Limit what u say YES to, then stick wt it. Dnt take on more because u feel pressured, guilty or indispensible. You‘ll discover dt u‘re only indispensible untill u say NO- or die!

3. GO WITH YOUR GIFTS: God has given each of us unique talents. If you've to choose b/w singing n d choir or sitting on d finance committee, go to where ur talents will be best utilised.

Is this always easy ? NO, but unless u learn to do it you'll end up investing too much time & energy in what seems urgent, & neglect whats important.

Please, Try to write properly. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by okeyxyz(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^^
I see that the crossed-out word "because" appears correct here and that is because seun installed a correction code to translate your "b.cos" to "because".
If you are texting a friend, then you can write in whatever short-hand format you want, but this is a public forum where you hope to engage a wide variety of people you don't know, so at least put some effort in proper writing. Try saying NO to that urge to use short hand just because you want to appear "cool & hip".

1 Like

Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 4:23am On Sep 12, 2012
okeyxyz: ^^^
I see that the crossed-out word "because" appears correct here and that is because seun installed a correction code to translate your "b.cos" to "because".
If you are texting a friend, then you can write in whatever short-hand format you want, but this is a public forum where you hope to engage a wide variety of people you don't know, so at least put some effort in proper writing. Try saying NO to that urge to use short hand just because you want to appear "cool & hip".

Thank you sir! PLEASE ACCEPT MY APPOLOGY ! I hope to do some corrections today...
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 1:40am On Sep 13, 2012
JESUS CHRIST IS ALL YOU NEED TO HAVE ALL YOUR NEEDS MET!
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by ogoamaka99(m): 4:51am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=nedostic]@Pastor Kun,

Perhaps you are a bit critical of Oyedepo. I do not think the whole message in the post is entirely selfish-driven.

Sorry pastor ku is not critical of OYEDEPO but is critical of any person called pastor. You may not realize that the meaning of pastor ku is ANTI PASTOR and that is why he is critical of every pastor. Today is Oyedepo and tomorrow it is pastor Chris.
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by PastorKun(m): 6:47am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=ogoamaka99][/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you, being a pastor myself I can't be critical of pastors. I am only critical of rogues who pretend to be pastors whilst using the name of God/Jesus to reap off believers.
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by Prestonvic(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2012
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
JESUS IS LORD!!!
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by wirinet(m): 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Prestonvic: ‘...just say a simple...NO‘ James5:12NLT

When you don‘t learn to say ‘NO‘ you end up disliking yourself as well as the people you are trying to please. In some cases we have difficulty saying it because we‘re afraid people won‘t like us. In other cases we believe that to be ‘a good christian‘ we must always say YES. Jesus said, ‘...let your NO be (a simple) NO, so that you may not sin...‘(James 5:12AMP) Only wen you have the courage to say NO will you mature, be able to address your own unmet needs and start respecting yourself. And in time others will too.
So do these 3 things:
1. THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND; if you need to say, ‘can i get back to you?‘ Dont make commitments without consulting GOD, your calender and your family. ‘if you need wisdom, ask our generous GOD and HE wil give it to you...‘(James 1:5NLT)

2.WHEN YOUR PLATE‘S FULL, SAY SO; responding to so called emergencies caused by somebody else‘s poor planning & sloppy habits won‘t do either of you any good. Limit what you say YES to, then stick with it. Don‘t take on more because you feel pressured, guilty or indispensible. You‘ll discover thatt you‘re only indispensible untill you say NO- or die!

3. GO WITH YOUR GIFTS: God has given each of us unique talents. If you've to choose between singing in the choir or sitting on the finance committee, go to where your talents will be best utilised.

Is this always easy ? NO, but unless you learn to do it you'll end up investing too much time & energy in what seems urgent, & neglect whats important.

Na wa o. Christianity and it gymnastic pastors. One minute a pastor will preach that you should give in order to receive or you should give until it hurts, the next minute the same pastor will do an Olympic style somersault and say you should say no to any giving that is inconvenient.
So Christianity has turn to saying no to those who is needs our help if it inconveniences us. I wonder if that was what Jesus preached or even paul.
I think Christianity should have a body that regulates it core principles because the religion as of today is a mad house of various conflicting doctrines. Outside the mantra of "accept Jesus as your personal lord and saviour", you cannot hold Christianity to any particular doctrine.
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by PastorKun(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
wirinet:

Na wa o. Christianity and it gymnastic pastors. One minute a pastor will preach that you should give in order to receive or you should give until it hurts, the next minute the same pastor will do an Olympic style somersault and say you should say no to any giving that is inconvenient.
So Christianity has turn to saying no to those who is needs our help if it inconveniences us. I wonder if that was what Jesus preached or even paul.
I think Christianity should have a body that regulates it core principles because the religion as of today is a mad house of various conflicting doctrines. Outside the mantra of "accept Jesus as your personal lord and saviour", you cannot hold Christianity to any particular doctrine.

Charlatans like Oyedepo are clearly not preaching true christianity. When it comes to giving to their church they expect you to over do yourself but when it comes to christ's unconditional instruction that we give to those in need, one shd only do it when it is convenient. SMH
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by SisiKill1: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
Long hiss

I thought the topic said SAY NO TO PASTOR OYEDEPO.

Was thinking whoa, the sheeples are finally coming to their senses. . .only to find, it is just another thread distributing the koolaid in written form.

Oh well. . .I am still praying for y'all. kiss
Re: Say ‘NO‘ - Bishop David Oyedepo by richjohn1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
Dis Oledepo is just a clown grin

(1) (Reply)

More Seamy Questions For Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo – J.J. Omojuwa / Happy 60th Birthday To Papa David Oyedepo! / Who Do Christians Celebrate On Christmas Season, Santa Clause Or Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.