Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? (7090 Views)

Who Remember When We Were Young And You Will Be Like Sule Lets Yab Each Other / Yab! Yab!! Yab!!! Childhood Yabbing / Yab Me I Yab You : Keyboard Warriors This Way: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by soulfood(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
It became trendy with AY's constant teasing of Pst Okotie of Household of God with the Latter present at some of such shows and conceding to it by laughing and allowing it to pass.

Stand up comedians have turned Pastors to their punchline going as far as naming the particular pastor at times. These comedians tease the church and its beliefs like tithing, offering, healing, deliverance yet bible believing Christians are the first to buy their tickets when the show is coming up.

However, i have observed they never misyarn or say anything negative about Islam. Is it because they feel Christians operate the law of life where mercy and grace abounds but the Muslim counterparts are more responsive to any sort of perceived blasphemy against their religion?

Are they afraid of having some fanatic muslim group hear such jokes? Someone should please explain why our comedians are more afraid of men that can take life here but cannot destroy the soul? Yet they are obviously willing to take the risk with the one who can destroy the life here and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by tjskii(f): 5:45am On Sep 10, 2012
U wan make boko haram bomb dem tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by DCONE1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
Nairalanders some of you guys are dummies,...BIG ONES...
1)Your comedians dont respect your religion...is your religion suppose to be taken for a joke?
2)You are suppose to blame and shame those comedians who make fun of your...pastors,Holymen instead of conderming another persons religion.
3)Is it the fault of muslims that Nigerians comedians make fun of pastors and christianity?
4)why would you call someones religion devilish because you dont understand it or because of the action of few who act wrongly ,you can never hear a true muslim insult christianity as a devilish religion...
5)If you really love Jesus Christ and christianity start now to conderm those comedians and stop blame another persons religion for the actions of Nigerian comedians....
Dont just post rubbish,think before you post... rest my case.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by rash47(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2012
DC-ONE:

1)Your comedians dont respect your religion...is your religion suppose to be taken for a joke?
2)You are suppose to blame and shame those comedians who make fun of your...pastors,Holymen instead of conderming another persons religion.
3)Is it the fault of muslims that Nigerians comedians make fun of pastors and christianity?
4)why would you call someones religion devilish because you dont understand it or because of the action of few who act wrongly ,you can never hear a true muslim insult christianity as a devilish religion...
5)If you really love Jesus Christ and christianity start now to conderm those comedians and stop blame another persons religion for the actions of Nigerian comedians....

GBAM GBAM, perfect response to charade of fools. 1000 LIKES

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by soulfood(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2012
rash47:

GBAM GBAM, perfect response to charade of fools. 1000 LIKES

The issue is not being addressed guys. The question is simple. Why do comedians yab pastors and the church but they never tease or yab Imams and Islam? No need to yab or curse?
We have seen AY in white garment teasing pastors of such Churches over and over. Why hasn't he ever tried being "creative" with the Imams or "elehas"?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by mafolayomi(f): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2012
soulfood: It became trendy with AY's constant teasing of Pst Okotie of Household of God with the Latter present at some of such shows and conceding to it by laughing and allowing it to pass.

Stand up comedians have turned Pastors to their punchline going as far as naming the particular pastor at times. These comedians tease the church and its beliefs like tithing, offering, healing, deliverance yet bible believing Christians are the first to buy their tickets when the show is coming up.

However, i have observed they never misyarn or say anything negative about Islam. Is it because they feel Christians operate the law of life where mercy and grace abounds but the Muslim counterparts are more responsive to any sort of perceived blasphemy against their religion?

Are they afraid of having some fanatic muslim group hear such jokes? Someone should please explain why our comedians are more afraid of men that can take life here but cannot destroy the soul? Yet they are obviously willing to take the risk with the one who can destroy the life here and beyond.

i thik its because most of the comedian are xtians themselves, and they understands how it is in xtianity, islam is not their religion, dey do not understand it, hw can you talk about what u do not understand? or maybe fear of boko haramas also
wink
soulfood: It became trendy with AY's constant teasing of Pst Okotie of Household of God with the Latter present at some of such shows and conceding to it by laughing and allowing it to pass.

i thik its because most of the comedian are xtians themselves, and they understands how it is in xtianity, islam is not their religion, dey do not understand it, hw can you talk about what u do not understand? or maybe fear of boko haramas also
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by soulfood(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1045778/us-ambassador-killed-libya-consulate

This has got to be the reason. Fear of being.....hmmmmm.
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by dasparrow: 4:59am On Sep 13, 2012
soulfood:

The issue is not being addressed guys. The question is simple. Why do comedians yab pastors and the church but they never tease or yab Imams and Islam? No need to yab or curse?
We have seen AY in white garment teasing pastors of such Churches over and over. Why hasn't he ever tried being "creative" with the Imams or "elehas"?

That's because they know Muslims don't take nonsense. They will not tolerate anyone making a mockery of their religion or imams. Those who attempt to mock the Islamic religion know that there is a hefty price to pay (like getting killed or maimed).

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by silasmanner(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2012
I'm a christian, bt it doesn't mean we should strt critizising because commedians doesn't crack jokes wif islam. And saying muslims are devilish is very wrng, it's a sin mkng such comment. I'll say such commedians are foolish 4mkng gest of pastors nd churches.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by soulfood(m): 2:17am On Sep 15, 2012
@ Seun and MODs. How exactly does a topic like this get moved from celebrities section to Jokes. We are talking about real life patterns of celeb comedians and you move it to Jokes? This topic has serious fundamental implications and I think moving it to front page will make it get addressed by a wider range of audience. Especially with the recent happenings in the muslim world. Are christian comedians supposed to tease and diss christianity because they know christians won't react?
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by DCONE1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
Its not everything in life that you mock,diss,laugh at or make joke about...Religion and Religious values,teachings,leaders and belief are something that we humans are suppose to take very serious...it differentiates us from animals...what is ones purpose on earth if he/she does not have belief..you christians are suppose to promote you religion instead of teasing and dissing or making jokes of your churches and pastors.Me as a Muslim i can never keep quiet and see somebody mock,laugh,diss or make joke about my religion and just smile or open my 32 and laugh...if you guys are wise start to do something....thats what i can say for now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Exponental(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
@topic............
Refer 2 wat just happened in libya. U no christianity is a religion of sincere peace, many understand dat jokes are not facts.
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2012
Because it won't make anybody laugh!
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by odizzy: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
dasparrow:

That's because they know Muslims don't take nonsense. They will not tolerate anyone making a mockery of their religion or imams. Those who attempt to mock the Islamic religion know that there is a hefty price to pay (like getting killed or maimed).
now is killing gud? Do u hv to fight 4 ur gud? Is he dat weak to fight 4 hm sef? Is killing wot ur islamic god preach? If daz wot ur religion preach(fight n kill who so ever mek mockery of me) den islamic religion is rubbish. Simple.
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by odizzy: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Exponental: @topic............
Refer 2 wat just happened in libya. U no christianity is a religion of sincere peace, many understand dat jokes are not facts.
Gbam. Gbam 20000 likes
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by odizzy: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
The only thing i understand from islamic religion is, they dnt see KILLING as SIN. which is too bad vry bad
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by korres00(m): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
DC-ONE:
Its not everything in life that you mock,diss,laugh at or make joke about...Religion and Religious values,teachings,leaders and belief are something that we humans are suppose to take very serious...it differentiates us from animals...what is ones purpose on earth if he/she does not have belief..you christians are suppose to promote you religion instead of teasing and dissing or making jokes of your churches and pastors.Me as a Muslim i can never keep quiet and see somebody mock,laugh,diss or make joke about my religion and just smile or open my 32 and laugh...if you guys are wise start to do something....thats what i can say for now.
and wot wil u do....grab a knife nd kill d person bah.....dat wher terrorism start from....comedian maks gest of God, den they wil feel d roth of God....we dont fight 4 God, he is d most powerful, my is to pray, worship nd b a gud christian lyk d bible as askd me to nd fightin pastors private jet or foolish comedians who wil afta d show go down on ther kneels nd ask 4givenes......hmm ma guy, dat wher terrorism start 4rm...u dont fight 4 a God....
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by DCONE1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
korres00: and wot wil u do....grab a knife nd kill d person bah.....dat wher terrorism start from....comedian maks gest of God, den they wil feel d roth of God....we dont fight 4 God, he is d most powerful, my is to pray, worship nd b a gud christian lyk d bible as askd me to nd fightin pastors private jet or foolish comedians who wil afta d show go down on ther kneels nd ask 4givenes......hmm ma guy, dat wher terrorism start 4rm...u dont fight 4 a God....
who is talking about killing people here.....and terrorism......:/
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by kelz3264: 1:14am On Dec 05, 2012

For fear of the uninvited guest(s) {boko harams}
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Eefhay: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2012
I will advice comedians nt to make mockery of any Imams or Islamic faith ... lets find solution to this Bokoharam at hand dnt call for war u wont live to witness
Muslims will never tolerate slight mockery of thier religion or faith because personal emotions are attrchd and anythng dt tampers with it will touch their emotions and motivated to react...
Is better u continue to make ur money calmly than causing probs for us in this country...
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by galadima77(m): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
odizzy: now is killing gud? Do u hv to fight 4 ur gud? Is he dat weak to fight 4 hm sef? Is killing wot ur islamic god preach? If daz wot ur religion preach(fight n kill who so ever mek mockery of me) den islamic religion is rubbish. Simple.

and i tot d op was dumb...til u showed up
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2012
Obviously, Islam is not a religion of peace (which entails tolerance and docility).. I have a fair think God himself laughs at these crazy jokes.. And for those defending their pastor's brand of Christainity, these PASTORS are fans of comedy..
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Ruqaya(f): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
can someone do me d honour of telling me exactly where d joke is?
without wasting much of my time, I hereby declare the poster as an unreasonable fellow to set up a useless topic like this and most of d commentators as morons for thinking that the only way to answer d question is by calling d muslims fanatics.
NEXT?
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ruqaya: I hereby declare the poster as an unreasonable fellow

I don't understand the words, but I understand the feelings beneath the words.. Someone's feeling GUILTY..
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by drinker: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
dasparrow:

noncence u how can u say such a tin . U still make us understand islam is a religion of killing and wickedness, u people kill for notin and u will all go to hell and mind u christians dont do so cus dey live vengance to God almighty. Now i tink ignorant u shuld have a clear view read and understand. Islam is evil. Na u say so oh(like getting killed or maimed).
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by drinker: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ruqaya: can someone do me d honour of telling me exactly where d joke is?
without wasting much of my time, I hereby declare the poster as an unreasonable fellow to set up a useless topic like this and most of d commentators as morons for thinking that the only way to answer d question is by calling d muslims fanatics.
NEXT?
u are more a slowpoke dan odas,mad man like u, by de way is islam not evil. Watever u do,its wit power killing and all sort wich is not good in de site of God almighty. U piple will pay ur dews idiots.get dat straight .
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by cutieepearl(f): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
DCONE1:

God go bless u front nd back,I no knw for d op o,I guess his mentally sick.no offence
Re: Why Do Comedians Yab Pastors/church But They Never Try Same With Imams/islam? by cutieepearl(f): 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
soulfood:

den why dnt u ask him,I guess he has his own reason for doin dat.sefini!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout This Funny Conversation Between A Boy And A Girl / The Most Hillarious Quote-memes Ever Seen.. / Funny Images From Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.