Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix (944 Views)

Picture Of The Day: President Obama Gets Bear Hugged Off His Feet By Restaurant / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention / If Obama Gets Elected, I'll Assassinate Him Myself - Raymond Geisel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by Anikejp: 12:14am On Sep 10, 2012
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Obama is hoping to get a boost from Florida voters, but today he may have gotten more of a lift than he bargained for.
Making a surprise stop at the Big Apple Pasta & Pizza Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., this afternoon, the president was greeted enthusiastically by the owner. Overcome with excitement, Scott Van Duzer gave the president a huge hug, physically lifting Obama off the ground.

It should be noted that Van Duzer is a man of considerable stature.

“Look at that!” the president exclaimed after their bear hug, according to pool reports. “Man, are you a powerlifter or what?”
Van Duzer later boasted to the traveling press pool that he can bench press 350 pounds.

“Scott, let me tell you, you are like the biggest pizza shop owner I’ve ever seen,” the president remarked of Van Duzer, 46, who stands at 6-foot-3 and weighs 260 pounds.
“Everybody look at these guns,” Obama reportedly said, pointing to the proprietor’s giant muscles. “If I eat your pizza will I look like that?”

A registered Republican, Van Duzer voted for Obama in 2008 and plans to do so again in November.

“I don’t vote party line, I vote who I feel comfortable with, and I do feel extremely comfortable with him,” Van Duzer said, according to pool reports.
Asked about concern that the Secret Service might react to the hug, Van Duzer told the press pool, “He said I was all right as long as I didn’t take him away.”

Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by manny4life(m): 4:49am On Sep 10, 2012
WTH? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

First it was our FL Michele, at the Olympics, now it's the POTUS, himself, damn...Good luck Mr Obama, though I do not share your view on certain polices, however, as a liberal minded republican, I will DEF vote for you on Nov 4; Mr. Romney and his cronies WILL NEVER win.
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Sep 10, 2012
Let someone try this with Jonathan and see your family indicted for treason
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by Caseless: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu: Let someone try this with Jonathan and see your family indicted for treason
500 meter close 2 gej..u'r dead! Did he visit any place like pizza spot or market durin his campaign? Na stadium and royal father's palace we see am
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by floriana(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
Na American Prezzo dem carry like Aki and Pawpaw like this?
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by Osiris211: 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
The first time you are making sense in your whole life. who says you can't take time out in between flipping of burger? shocked grin

manny4life: WTH? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

First it was our FL Michele, at the Olympics, now it's the POTUS, himself, damn...Good luck Mr Obama, though I do not share your view on certain polices, however, as a liberal minded republican, I will DEF vote for you on Nov 4; Mr. Romney and his cronies WILL NEVER win.
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by nifemi01(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
dayokanu: Let someone try this with Jonathan and see your family indicted for treason
am sorry but did u vote johnny boy into office so u can hug him in public later?
And b4 u start comparing obama with our leaders, u should know obama is still labelled 'detached'.
Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by nku5: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
Dude I wouldn't vote for anyone who supportts the legalisation of sodomy

manny4life: WTH? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix by manny4life(m): 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Osiris.211:
The first time you are making sense in your whole life. who says you can't take time out in between flipping of burger? shocked grin

Ok, you have been noticed, now move along... shioor embarassed embarassed embarassed

nku5: Dude I wouldn't vote for anyone who supportts the legalisation of sodomy

Our ideologies may differ, have I agreed with Mr. Obama on every policy, NO, nonetheless, he's of a better candidate than Mr. Romney who will sell America on a platter to his cronies. If you follow the polls lately, and listen to radio, most republicans are defecting to vote for Mr Obama- wasn't it last week, for the first time, Mr Obama raised more money than Romney, what does that tell you? A lot of people are seeing the truth behind Romney. Obama might not have delivered more than expected, however, he still remains many people's favorite.

You decide - you can use one policy or his personal view on one issue to gauge how you vote him, I won't. I look at a spread of several issues from the economy to social issues, etc and weight the difference in both candidates. I've always said, if the GOP fields a better candidate, then that candidate will surely have people's vote and unseat Obama, but if it's Romney, IT WILL NOT WORK.

(1) (Reply)

ROMNEY MOCKED: 'horses And Bayonets' Storm The Internet (PICTURES) / Canada Upset At UN Vote On Palestine / Caucasians in africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.