Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. (2476 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies / CBN Sacks CEOs And Management Of Five Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by kolokolobi(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2013
The greatest challenge or I dare say challenges include having the capacity to cope with the growth being experienced. Basically the processes that could go by word of mouth had to be spelt out....human resource mgt, health and safety, customer relationship management policies etc. Cash flow management budgeting and innovation. These we had started out to bring in a consultant but we stopped before engaging the firm and rather identified individual strenghts within created task forces within and increased our training budget to acquire the knowledge.
We also had regular retreats to make tactical and strategic plans. They all cost a lot of money and the change requirements painful but its still paying off.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Nice one there. You guys sound like a highly competent team. For someone just starting out, my worst fear is people. You know human beings are very erratic. And I do hope this doesn't cost me much in my growth phase. As at yesterday, someone still dissapointed me over a very important item I planned to purchase from him. Its a really big deal working with people like that.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by kolokolobi(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Your service partners are very important in your service delivery plan. Never tie down your plans to one. Develop alternatives. Make valid contracts and contractual documentations. Start building credit lines with your service partners..this could be a way to build a relationship where they have a stake. Importantly like said develop alternatives.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by kolokolobi(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2013
I may add we did not start out as a competent team....I think the most important ingredient was a resolve to succeed and we also had a mentor or coach. Lastly I will add .....put a spiritual dimention to your business...is it all about you and the profit? Add the dimention of humanity...corporate social responsibility....you only put yourself and the business in the wheel of life. Humanity must be provided for, so become a channel.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by spicyv1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hmm Chief Kolokolobi!!! Honorable Kolokolo!!! Olorogun K.K.B!!! Welldone! Great insights, thank you for sharing, I celebrate you.

It is a wonderful thing you mentioned the spiritual angle! Honestly, everything I do is from the stand point of trusting God and working out the word. smiley

Ms Bodachi, kekwanu? cheesy
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by kolokolobi(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
Spicy v. Praise singing and head swelling are two strenghts I just discovered you have. grin. Just joking.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by spicyv1(f): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy. You know, it is also a special skill that is sure to transform one's business grin
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ Spicy v, wanem beke, Odinma.
@ mr Kolokolobi, isokay. I sure will heed to your advice. Nice one there. But as a one man business that's just startin, what kinda CSR can I engage in?
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by kolokolobi(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bodashee....at this point you have the opportunity to interphase with your customers on a one to one level. It becomes more difficult as you expand. Ensure you get feedback from every job done and make sure you react to the feedback you get. Key into your customers on a personal note. Spicy v mentioned birthdays and important events. Take interest in what they do.
Re: CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. by spicyv1(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
bodashee: @ Spicy v, wanem beke, Odinma.
@ mr Kolokolobi, isokay. I sure will heed to your advice. Nice one there. But as a one man business that's just startin, what kinda CSR can I engage in?

Wow! You are already thinking CSR? shocked I almost wanted to say not at this time, but on second thoughts, you can partner with an NGO. Propose to deliver free pastries when they are going on an outreach. But of course, you MUST use this as a strategy to gain bigger businesses. You will be establishing a relationship with potential clients wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Hiring Nigerian Article Writer / The Secrets Behind Dangote's Business Success Finally Exposed / Importing Goods From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.