Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help (24300 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by SweetT1: 1:15am On Jan 31, 2008
@D-reloaded.

Yeah right, you didn't call it a dream last night. And you don't call it a dream every time we are alone. Do you want to go to the Super Bowl in Arizona ??
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Dreloaded(f): 1:34am On Jan 31, 2008
so you've named your blowdoll D-Reloaded abi? How clever cheesy

My friend, get back to me when you are interested in ENTERTAINING sports. American football is lame tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Kaestro(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ Shapey,Amsky and all that took part in this great experience.I want to say thank you for sharing.This has kept me both entertained and educated me for a good week.There's nothing more to be said on this thread,unless you want to let the whole nairaland in on your everyday life as a married woman.
Nairaland is just too HOT!!
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by shapey(f): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ kaestro
thanx so much too.You see, when life throws things at you,you never know how strong you are till you come out of it as strong as steel. This has taught me things about myself. After all the pain and tears, i now see life differently.Amsky is more than a cousin to me.I never knew she'll take my problems and make them hers too. I thank my Maker it's all over now. the lesson is an unforgetable one for me. I hope people have learnt for themselves too. Thank you Kaestro.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by goodguy(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2008
Very interesting thread.

But to be honest, I also had my suspicions. The whole story sounded too much like a typical nollywood movie.

- Two people were living happily before, something happened along the line, someone then tried to take advantage of that situation to cause conflict between them, in-laws also got in the way, but somehow, the couples managed to scale through, and they're living happily ever after.
First of all, this lady sounded too composed for one who was supposedly going through a trauma (just an obersvation, I may be wrong), especially with the way we were being updated almost everyday with fresh incidences. Secondly, the sister-in-law's portrayal here seems to be very unrealistic, IMO. She suddenly transformed from being the nice, lovely understanding angel, to the wild, vicious devil?? Honestly, I only see this in movies (perhaps, I'm just naive? ).
By the way, how come we didn't hear anything else about the guy that supposedly started the whole brouhaha - I mean the guy that delivered the message (the 360degree talk)?? Methinks he is supposed to have been summoned as well, for describing their mother's condition in such an insensitive manner, which eventually created these whole problem.

- Moreso, I thought I was the only one that noticed the similarities in the writing styles of the families involved.

But anyways, fiction or not, this was really "edutaining". I really don't mean to sound insensitive, as a matter of fact, I sincerely hope I'm wrong in my petty observations. There are lots of lessons to be learnt from here though, especially for those ladies who don't know the right time to get serious (laughing at serious issues - It's just so annoying, though I wouldn't have reacted the way Mr. Shapey did anyway).

All the same, I think Wale Adenuga would be interested in this script. (j/k) grin

Please oo, don't crucify me oo. Freedom of speech. Thank you. grin
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by nigercook(m): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
it seems it be sorted.I am happy for you.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by HCH3COO: 4:11am On Aug 04, 2008
@topic

Double DAMN!
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by ula(f): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
your marriage isnt dying, dont say taht. He'll come around eventually. just be there 4 him and his family. try and go the extra mile. even say something about you and mama on her burial, he'll get to know you care about his mom.

i wish u luck girl and God will be on your side.
accept my condolence on your mother-in-law's death.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
I read them all. Yes, from the beginning all 12 pages!!!

I must confess I've learnt some good stuff here.

Like the rest have already done here, I'm wishing u all

the best in ur marriage.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by cescky(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2008
@richyblack, sweet t, and good guy

y"all immature especially u, richy black, there are two things with you its either your too young to understand the issues of life or your simply a dunce,and your co detectives idiots
you tried to show your the world ur intelectual abilities but rather you produced nothing but a disaese called ignorance.(even a fool is considerd to be wise when he shuts his mouth, check your bible its there) i didnt say it oo, by the way did y'all just want o increase your post count?

the other guy said it sounds like a nollywood movie,its not your fault am sure u were born with a silver spoon,and ur mumuys boy angry when u grow up and become a man and ur fortunate enuff to grow out of your mothers strings and pampering perharps you'll see that things like this happen in real life.

ignorant detectives hope u know we human beings have certain similarities, especailly when your from a certain clan or family.the person whom you are accusing are one way or the other from the same family,so what the big deal if they share certain things in common? or whats wrong with husband and wife doing thins alike or? when two peps are 2gether is not because their tatses are similar or compliment?

ok now , go thru my posts u'll see that i type like the accused persons as indicated
so what does that make me? their uncle? angry angry dumb ass donkeys

y'all havent see anything yet just pray to God,u never do .

@poster
thank God for u, He's a good God.
am not bitter against the dectectives but i can relate with her experience,so its soo annoyin what they be saying
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by MadMax1(f): 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2008
It beats me that anyone can think this lady's experiences were invented for their amusement. I've come across silly stories on nairaland. You can tell the duds instantly. Before I got to the part where she laughed at the message I'D snickered myself at the 360 degree thing. Stop making a mockery of what must've been one of the most intense and traumatic ordeals of her married life. I learnt a lot from this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Ivvie: 6:01am On Aug 27, 2008
`
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by tundysho(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2008
This is simply awesome.I have read the entire 12 pgs too,(my wife doesnt have so much intrest in nairaland, i ll av invited her to read and learn too).Those dat didnt believe are simply used to lies.Pls we dont need you here

THIS NATRUE STORY EH,NA TRUE STORY EH, NA TRUE STORY EH------Timaya

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by ayo2pec(m): 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2008
Your story is heart moving and what a very dangerous coincidence , i believe by now things is better in your relationship.
this could as well become an opportunity to strengthen it after all. well we all need to keep working on our relationship to make it work and better daily. i want to use this opportunity to say it is well with you.

you might be interested in my e book , it has been a companion to thousands of people round the world i believe it will help you greatly. i am passionate about making people marriage work,i have been a victim of a broken home before and can not bear it to see it happening around me

johnkay1.cpemo.

i have a blissful marital life.

to your marriage success
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by mcmorgans: 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
Its a serious one, a big mistake you did. but i think i understand.
Are you a praying christain? You need the grace of God @ this stage. keep showing him you never meant it along with prayers . with pateince, you will see God @ work.
May God bless this marriage as i promise to pray you this night.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by blakbarbie: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2010
shapey my take on it is this, your subconcious mind reacted.  what i mean is no matter the words he chose to describe what was going on with his mother, you knew the weight of the situation.  And although you may not have knowingly harboured bad feelings towards your late mother in law, from the outcome of her last visit, from your words you did. The only thing you can do at this point is to be there for your hubby, actions always speak louder, he's angry, with the passing of his mom, not only at you, so be patient and BE PRESENT, include yourself, if he doesnt make arrangements for u to go, make your own, but go, provide comfort, time heals all wounds. What he needs from you is sympathy and empathy, be blessed
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by hildaa(f): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2011
pray and wait for God's intervention
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by alhamra: 11:37am On Dec 06, 2011
How could u laugh over such news, that’s a sign of wickedness and to worsen the whole thing u also went to work the following day showing that u are really mocking him. Will you go to work if it’s your own mum? Is obvious that the laughter is simply a way of showing your relief from his mum’s troubles. I strongly believe that you are mocking your husband for his mother’s death and it can cost your marriage. Though all your actions shows that u happy, but you would have pretended at that moment.
All you need is a change of mind and then prove to him that you meant no harm by going for the burial with him. Ask God to touch his mind.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by ngusvi: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by ng4am(f): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2011
Dis thread is like 4 years now what re we still doing here.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by weaseloo: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2011
@shapey 3 almost 4 years I was really touched by your experience. I am glad that you are back with your husband. It was a test on your marriage and you both conquered! Love and forgiveness are the main elements that would keep a marriage going, don't forget that. You are also very lucky to have the support of your mum, cousin, sister - family through the situation. It could have been very ugly without them. To crown it all, you are a good person too.

I sure did learn a lot from your experience. I now appreciate even more what I have.

I would like to know what's going on. Is your relationship with your husband stronger? Any baby or babies
And your in-laws, has there been any change in your relationship with them?
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by antieverything(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2016
She a pure soul...wer all d naija gals like dis dey ni? She laf for him front nt his back...even mi i laughed before getting to d next line!
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
twinstaiye:
Your hubby is taking it too far. There had been instances even at the mention of a misfortunes, some people breathe out their grief by laughing, besides, your laughing even though uncalled for, should not be taken so seriously as he has done. Something like, "and you think that is funny" should suffice from your husband, and that would gear your consciousness. Methinks, the task of sustaining the pillars of your mariage rests on him, this incidence, to me, is not serious as long as there is love between the two of you, and to me, it is a situation where when one apologises, the other spouse should forgive and forget.
Be troublesome in going home with him by all means, because if this matter is not settle now, it will continue to breed so many other things, just like he thot you should not have gone to office the second day. If need be, call people who can talk to your hubby to talk this thing over with him. I wish you all the best.

What do you mean taking it too far?? We are talking mother here. How will you feel if you were the hubby? I guess you don't have a strong bond with your mom else you wont see any thing being taken far here.

@op i think your husband knows you well more than we do, maybe u are d kinda person who dont take things serious but at this point i think you've crossed the line.

What you just need to do is keep calm, make sure u follow him for the burial, and talk to your sister in law who you think understand your position a bit to talk to his brother. Be sincerely remorseful and plead with him for forgiveness..... Make him see reasons why u cant be happy for his predicament and tell him how you love him.... Dont involve an outsider who is not aware of the situation into it. I believe with time the injury will heel. But take note. He is still very hurt now not because of u, but because of his loss . Dont hold any of his action against u at the moment against him. I believe with time everything will be OKAY.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by byvan03: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
The 360 thing sounds very funny, unfortunately most people are too serious.
Re: My Marriage Is Dying Before My Eyes: Help by Amicable24: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Just hold on, he is in grief, dont try to settle anything now. Be a good wife, be there for him even when he refuses to talk to you.
Be patient and supportive, he will get over his grief then you can sort yourselves out. Dont beat yourself, the deed has been done, just look towards the future, you need to be seriously patient.
Good Luck
I concur to this.. You shouldn't av laughed though, but ppl make mistakes here and there. If ur hubby is still too mad at u, just give him space.. I dnt mean u shud avoid him, but do ur chores, give him his food as at when due, make sure u dnt add to d error. If he isn't talking to u, dnt force him. I bet with time he will get over it.... BUT KEEP PRAYING TO GOD SO THAT IT DOESN'T ESCALATE MORE THAN THIS.. This is really an avenue for the devil and home breakers to take advantage.. Pray against such. The Good LORD is ur Strength.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman And Her 4 Children Burnt In Anambra After Fire Outbreak. Graphic Photos / Benue Pastor And Wife Welcome Twins After 18 Years Of Waiting (Photo) / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.