Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,957 members, 7,863,400 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Do You Want To Have Kids? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Want To Have Kids? (3208 Views)

Poll: Why Do You Want To Have Kids?

I need someone to take care of me when I am old: 6% (3 votes)
I need someone to give all my love to: 20% (9 votes)
It completes me as a human: 22% (10 votes)
It's the will of God: 29% (13 votes)
I need to leave an evidence of my existence: 20% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / People Who Choose Not To Have Kids Or Get Married / Should Drug/alcohol Addicts Be Bribed Not To Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by smurf(f): 3:40am On Jan 20, 2008
@Toyosi

There are more important threads for you to contribute in why bother wasting your precious time here
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by pahtahkee: 3:40am On Jan 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Mrpataki!

He he he he he he! cheesy

I like your new look oh!  Wetin happen now? cry

Abi? cheesy
I missed your rejoinder all the while. Wetin happen?

Na some useless fans of Seun go report me that I dey insult here and there. Was banned for a fight. Even the supposed fight is not a fight, but mere joustling of vocabularies. cheesy

almondjoy:

Yes oh!  I am a champion of feminist movements.  Ladies should not fight amongst themselves.  I am at work and so cannot be asleep!

You no get work so make you go sleep!!!!

Ahem, abeg no let her hear that I no get work oh. I no be the head of the family again be that.  tongue

**Sneezing through the eyes** shocked shocked
Who dash you feminist champion? You that you never sabi your sex yet. grin
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by sholae(m): 3:52am On Jan 20, 2008
wat up toyin i'll like to know you
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by almondjoy(f): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@Almondjoy

I don't know his person u speak of from Adam, so I do not see the need to pick on her, if she learns to desist from giving smart remarks, maybe, just maybe, this will be a good year for her,

She made a smart comment to another poster on this same topic, stating that simply because the person said he/she wanted a "mini me", that that was selfish, please give me a break, I for one think its cute,

And she even went on to conclude that it was bad parenting, what nerves, since when has it become the norm to put words into people's mouth,

And for her to use the word clone in replying my comment was very inappropriate, it didn't in any way have thing to do with my response,

If she behaves her self in a civil manner, then essentially, "females will stop jumping down her throat"

[size=16[color=#990000][/color]pt]Except the wall is cracked, the lizard will be unable to penetrate

I understand, but just humor her ok instead of insulting her.  She was not really insulting you.  I read her comment as harmless and quite humorous.  Don't let it get to you.  If everyone replies at topics in the same tone or manner, Nairaland will be very boring!

pahtahkee:

I missed your rejoinder all the while. Wetin happen?

Na some useless fans of Seun go report me that I dey insult here and there. Was banned for a fight. Even the supposed fight is not a fight, but mere joustling of vocabularies. cheesy

Ahem, abeg no let her hear that I no get work oh. I no be the head of the family again be that.  tongue

**Sneezing through the eyes** shocked shocked
Who dash you feminist champion? You that you never sabi your sex yet. grin

My dear, please it is too early for bans oh!  Keep being the head of your household I beg! To think you got banned before ma honourable self? tongue Innn-a--rest--ting!!!

sholae:

what up toyin i'll like to know you

I now believe this thread has been duly thrashed. Sorry to the original poster.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2008
AJ

At least you dey understand. That Toyo get serious problems. If she didn't like the word clone couldn't she say it instead of acting like a psychotic? It would have opened the room for a constructive debate instead we turned such an interesting topic to a battle field. I have no problem saying what I agree and don't agree with and people who can't do that should learn, instead of giving unnecessary headache.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2008
smurf:

@Toyosi

There are more important threads for you to contribute in why bother wasting your precious time here

My sis,
You couldn't have said it any better kiss kiss kiss, I think a serious lesson has been learnt here.

@Almondjoy,

Before I even attempted to reply her I read her posts, especially the most recent posts, and I got to observe and see how very saucy she was, It is always good to look before u leap, and I happen to be a very careful person,

And to be quite honest with u I felt essentially, it was inappropriate, and I wouldn't tolerate it from any one, not at all.

PS. I'm quite pleased u understand.

May I also suggest that the next time it happens that "she was did not really mean to insult someone" she must apologise very sincerely and show humility, cry cry cry

michelin89:

AJ

At least you dey understand. That Toyo get serious problems. If she didn't like the word clone couldn't she say it instead of acting like a psychotic? It would have opened the room for a constructive debate instead we turned such an interesting topic to a battle field. I have no problem saying what I agree and don't agree with and people who can't do that should learn, instead of giving unnecessary headache.

Once again this is not a debate, u posted the question and u should be in a better position to comprehend what u have written, "Why Do You Want To Have Kids?"

It requires an honest personal answer,

Now refrain from referring to me in any way, mentioning my name, or even crossing my path at all,

I believe this situation has subsided so therefore let it stay that way, wink wink wink
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2008
TOYOSI20:

May I also suggest that the next time it happens that "she was did not really mean to insult someone" she must apologise very sincerely and show humility, cry cry cry

You are the conceited one. Who do you think you are? People quarrel here everyday and we apologize even after saying the worst things to ourselves. I am even ashamed of trying to amend things with you: you don't deserve any form of apology. next time, cross my part and I'll show you how saucy I can be. Piece of crap! angry angry

Please carry your stinking attitude away from here. angry angry
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2008
michelin89:

You are the conceited one. Who do you think you are? People quarrel here everyday and we apologize even after saying the worst things to ourselves. I am even ashamed of trying to amend things with you: you don't deserve any form of apology. next time, cross my part and I'll show you how saucy I can be. Piece of crap! angry angry

Please carry your stinking attitude away from here. angry angry

@Mushin Slave

I can see u are ready to continue exhibiting your lunacy, and I will continue to deal mercilessly with u did u apologise to Osisi, and Christina, u this bush girl,

In fact I have decided to say in your path (My car is parked here) daft mugu,

Quarrel some LovePeddler is that the way to go about life, people must be able to express themselves intelligently and tactfully,

I really don't need your filthy apology
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@Mushin Slave

I can see u are ready to continue exhibiting your lunacy, and I will continue to deal mercilessly with u did u apologise to Osisi, and Christina, u this bush girl,

In fact I have decided to say in your path (My car is parked here) daft mugu,

Quarrel some LovePeddler is that the way to go about life, people must be able to express themselves intelligently and tactfully,

I really don't need your filthy apology
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It seems you have been begging for it. You can kiss my ass. tongue

Stay in my path and you shall be disgraced because as I have said, you are too immature to challenge me.

I can see you have taken on licking Osisi and Christina's ass. I don't remember doing anything to Chri but as for Osisi, she is with you. If you want to die, die!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2008
michelin89:

It seems you have been begging for it. You can kiss my ass. tongue

Stay in my path and you shall be disgraced because as I have said, you are too immature to challenge me.

I can see you have taken on licking Osisi and Christina's ass. I don't remember doing anything to Chri but as for Osisi, she is with you. If you want to die, die!

Mushin Slave,

Your own is just jumping from post to post insulting people your up bringing is to be blamed for this go and continue with Terminator thwart, U got nasty E-mails so what because u deserved it u miserable piece of human garage, sorry excuse of a woman,

It is trashy vultures like u that think, tattoos and piercings are the norm, fool, at this day and age that people are resulting to laser removal to erase their past mistakes,

Well what is to be expected from a destitute that doesn't know the meaning of the word "LOVE", who has gone about seeking for it in the most wrong places,

What are u on now?, your tenth abortion, you foul LovePeddler!!!!!!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Esss(m): 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2008
I want to have kids becos;

-3. A childless home is an unfulflied home (this rule applys to africa, esp. Nigeria)
-2. Thats one of the reasons I got married in the first place.
-1. Why I no go want pikins?? I dey mad.
0. Both our parents will be expecting them 1year after our marriage.
1. Its the natural order of life.
2. My mom wants to carry her grandkids before she dies o!
3. Good kids are the pride of any man.
4. I need to know that the wife I purchased is working.
5. I love kids (atleast until they are cool.
6. I need kids to spend my hard earned money on.
7. I want people i could legally beat, slap and ground in the name of correction.
8. I want to keep the family tree alive.
9. Its a commandment of God. Go into the world, be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.
10. Cos I need to prove that my decoder (manhood) receives signal.
11. Who will inherit all my wealth??
12. They are the reason why I'm amassing all this wealth.
13. Kids bring joy and blessing to a family.
14. In Africa, Married couples must born pikin. Period.

To be continued
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2008
@Ess, thanx for going back to the topic.

and LOL, your reasons are kinda funny. hope your wife does not see this.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by chiogo(f): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2008
@topic

I want to have kids Cuz it makes me a woman tongue
I want kids Cuz i want people who I can show love to and spoil
I want kids Cuz they'd be there for me in my old age
I want kids Cuz the house wld be empty without them
I want kids Cuz they'd own all my hard-earned stuff
I want kids Cuz I'd love to somethin' that actually came from my body
I want kids Cuz it's the normal process after one gets married

pheww, i cld go on and on. I want kids Cuz i just do!! smiley
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by goodguy(m): 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Toyosi & Michelin

You two intelligent teenagers shouldn't be fighting. Now both of you should say "I'm sorry" and hug each other. kiss
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by mohawkchic(f): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2008
~I didnt exactly have a thousand reasons why i wanted my child but i know i had him for all the right reasons thu  tongue !!

~Been a parent is investing in eternity & above all else i believe having a baby is a gift from God! It's amazing to think that my son is a part of me and my hubby,besides having a child gives my life a whole new meaning!!

~In almost six years come sunday{my baby's goona be 6}Woo hoo cheesy I've become a totally different individual!! I no longer think about me! me! me! Now i take one "ME" over the 3 "Me!Me!Me!"- I cudnt totally sacrifice all three "me's "grin

~I've had the absolute pleasure/responsibilty of looking after my son w/ my hubby!- My son teaches me patience,loves me unconditionally regardless & he thinks am the best mum in the world over  grin & i know i am too wink

~Anyhow ave always been drawn to babies,i guess i was curious,how tiny they are,{newborns}the excitement of the new mums,& oneday i said to myself "I'd looove to ave one when on/before am 25!!" Pointless sayin i didnt give any thought to the responsibilities of havin a child,i just knew when i got older i wanted to be blessed with a child to love,hold & ave that special bond with!

~Now i know how it feels each time i observed "That" smile on my parents when they introduced us! I feel that way too when i say "thats my son" cheesy I get the biggest grin on my  face! Its knowing there's this part of you that you carried for nine months,watched as he goes through the baby to toddler stages,then school. . . .

~Its such an amazing experience now he comes out with the funniest things,Ooo & the mannerism  shocked God is wonderful!! Soo many inmeasurable memories & experience!!!

~Don't know much about reasons,but i know this>>   Having a child is one of the best thing that happened to me & i wudnt trade it for nuffin!!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by VOR(m): 12:20am On Jan 29, 2008
@Toyosi

Sorry to interupt things here, but would you be kind enough to have a look at this thread specifically #16
and provide me with an answer. Cheers cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-105918.0.html
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Rlst84sale(m): 4:46pm On May 22, 2008
I strongly hold the following 2 reasons in high regard

1) In the old testament, one of the substances of the promised blessing to Abraham was to give him descendants in other words children who will carry on with His covenant relationship with him and continue to enjoy the effects of His promised blessing. Additionally, when God lead the children of Israel out of Egypt each time He did something for them He would tell Moses or their leaders to write it down for a memorial for generations coming after them. Human is temporal, God is eternal. The only way The eternal God continues his convenant relationship with human is through heritage. In the scriptures Jesus Christ once answered the Pharisees that God said "I'm God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob.  I'm God of the living and not of the dead".

2) The only two greatest forces on earth are Love and faith, what greater joy could a person have than to love and be loved unconditionally the virtue which parents ought to have for their children and vise vasa.

I would prefer to have kids by a woman only when I'm married to her and/or if inevitable when I'm sure that I will definitely be with the woman for the rest of my life, because I can't farthom how and why a man would have kid(s) and won't be there and take care of them and the woman who bare them it is wickedness in the highest order. I also do not want my kids to gow up in different home settings or with different moms (God forbid).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Tell My Wife That I Want To Borrow My Ex Some Amount Of Money? / What Men Should Never Do To Their Woman(photos) / Do I Go Back Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.