Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

FTP Permission Issue - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / FTP Permission Issue (579 Views)

How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost / How Do I locate My Smf Boardindex.template.php File Via Ftp / What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FTP Permission Issue by guru01(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Command: SITE CHMOD 777 mod_mj_header.php
Response: 550 CHMOD 777 mod_mj_header.php: Operation not permitted

Please how can i solve this issue, because have checked on the server,but the file permission can't be changed in the server either.
Re: FTP Permission Issue by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
sudo chmod 777 mod_mj_header.php
Re: FTP Permission Issue by guru01(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
webdezzi: sudo chmod 777 mod_mj_header.php

I dont have access to the shell
Re: FTP Permission Issue by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
if you use cpanel, go to file manager and set it from there.
Re: FTP Permission Issue by DualCore1: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
In Linux a non-root user cannot change a file's permission if the owner/group is not under the user's control, for instance if the owner of the file is root.
Contact your host to fix this if you do not have root access to the server.

For the benefit of others who may meet this roadblock in future and have root access (and for the benefit of your host too) use the following commands when logged in as root:

$chgrp username path/to/file
$chmod 777 path/to/file

(1) (Reply)

Secure,reliable Web Hosting Company / Physician And Surgeon Internal Medicine / How To Drive Traffic To Your Website!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.