Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost (1394 Views)

Facts About Android Web Server That Allow You Run Wordpress On Localhost / What Ftp Server Are You Using? / Installing Xenforo On Localhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by prettytasha(f): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2015
Hello guys how do i get te ftp address of a site hosted on local server . i need to use filezilla to transfer somw files to my site via ftp any solution ?
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by DualCore1: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2015
Go into Filezilla and create a profile. The hostname is your domain name (example.com). The password is your site's cPanel password. This is assuming you are running on cPanel.
If you are not running on cPanel or have any other difficulty, update this thread with it.
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by prettytasha(f): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2015
DualCore1:
Go into Filezilla and create a profile. The hostname is your domain name (example.com). The password is your site's cPanel password. This is assuming you are running on cPanel.
If you are not running on cPanel or have any other difficulty, update this thread with it.
am not using cpanel
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by dwebdesign(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2015
You are on a local server, either xamp or wamp on windows or mamp on mac.

If you want to upload files to your public root, just copy and paste the file in your site installation folder. If in xamp, open htdocs folder, locate your website folder and paste the files as you need be. If using wamp same method just that you locate your website folder inside the "www" folder.

If you still prefer using ftp,

You will need locahost as the host alone.

Other fields will be empty.

You can still use port 21 though.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by xxiv(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2015
Why do you need to use ftp while local?
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by ps3o(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
prettytasha:
Hello guys how do i get te ftp address of a site hosted on local server . i need to use filezilla to transfer somw files to my site via ftp any solution ?

If u need to transfer, get any ftp client software and note all your ftp info of your site.
Usually, you are required to have the below info to your site ftp:

Ftp host address: ftp.yourdomain.com
Ftp username: someone (or someone@somewhere.com depending on how it was configured for you)
Ftp password: hitmein

If you need further help on this, do not hesitate to WhatsApp or call 07031175291
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
My daughter yu see wah am talking about.... Yu on a local server nd yu wanna use ftp? Is jux like saying yu want to eat d cake in yur stomach...... Yur local server is its own ftp..... Access yur htdoc or www depending on d server u using, folder and paste yur php files there shikena..... If u wanna use wp, joomla or magento on xampp server.... Install bitami and yu gud to go.....
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by prettytasha(f): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
My daughter yu see wah am talking about.... Yu on a local server nd yu wanna use ftp? Is jux like saying yu want to eat d cake in yur stomach...... Yur local server is its own ftp..... Access yur htdoc or www depending on d server u using, folder and paste yur php files there shikena..... If u wanna use wp, joomla or magento on xampp server.... Install bitami and yu gud to go.....
sorry about the insults on the other thread...
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
prettytasha:
sorry about the insults on the other thread...
grin cheesy yu neva offended me buh u soundd lyk i atempted to toast yu,..
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by prettytasha(f): 6:29am On Oct 05, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
grin cheesy yu neva offended me buh u soundd lyk i atempted to toast yu,..
so what's the name of the app you have for ecommerce
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2015
prettytasha:
so what's the name of the app you have for ecommerce
demo link has been sent via email
Re: How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost by tbsnetworks: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2015
When you buy a hosting in the any platform hosting providers (ie) Windows, Linux and similer shared hosting platform they will provide free FTP and Account with Username and password and PORT No too. helpdesk support | Outsourced Helpdesk

(1) (Reply)

Professional Web Development Class / Best Places To Submit Articles For Backlinks / $100 Paypal Funds Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.