Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? (627 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Brentwood: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pls i need some advise. I will be travelling home with my daughter this year by God's grace. I have the old naija passport which i renewed and have her endorsed on it. She also has a US passport. I dont plan to get her a visa. Will she be allowed out of US? Into naija? What else do i need to do?
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Brentwood: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pls anybody home? Dont just view.
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by newacca: 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
how old is she? within few hours,some experienced members will give you good response.
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Brentwood: 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
newacca: how old is she? within few hours,some experienced members will give you good response.

She's 3yrs.
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by snowbuster: 12:09am On Sep 11, 2012
Yes she will need a naija visa . so i will advice you get her Nigeria passport or get a visa to travel and apply for the passport when you get home . but i will advice you to apply for the passport here before you travel so you wont need to stress your self much when you get home about going around to get her a new one .i Raise my case
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Brentwood: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2012
snowbuster: Yes she will need a naija visa . so i will advice you get her Nigeria passport or get a visa to travel and apply for the passport when you get home . but i will advice you to apply for the passport here before you travel so you wont need to stress your self much when you get home about going around to get her a new one .i Raise my case

Really? Even with her endorsed on my passport, she still needs a visa? So whats the point of endorsing kids on ones passport?
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Vicjustice: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2012
Brentwood: Pls i need some advise. I will be travelling home with my daughter this year by God's grace. I have the old naija passport which i renewed and have her endorsed on it. She also has a US passport. I dont plan to get her a visa. Will she be allowed out of US? Into naija? What else do i need to do?
NEGATIVE. Your daughter (with her name endorsed in your Nigerian passport) does not need a Nigerian visa to enter into Nigeria, she would only be required to obtain a Nigerian visa if she is travelling with her US passport: but if she is travelling with you in your Nigerian passport which carries her names, she can travel into the country without a visa. But you won't be allowed to fly out of the country with the same passport, you are required to obtain the E-Passport in order to leave Nigeria. This is how it works
Re: Do I Need A Visa For My Daughter Back Home? by Brentwood: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
Vicjustice:
NEGATIVE. Your daughter (with her name endorsed in your Nigerian passport) does not need a Nigerian visa to enter into Nigeria, she would only be required to obtain a Nigerian visa if she is travelling with her US passport: but if she is travelling with you in your Nigerian passport which carries her names, she can travel into the country without a visa. But you won't be allowed to fly out of the country with the same passport, you are required to obtain the E-Passport in order to leave Nigeria. This is how it works
Thank you. Sounds more like it.

(1) (Reply)

Travel Insurance / How Much Will Cost For Australia Or Usa Student Visa With Accomodation. / Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.