Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Are U Doing A Job Different From What You Studied In School? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are U Doing A Job Different From What You Studied In School? (900 Views)

Doing A Job That Can't B Done Without U Doing It Urself U Can't B Rich With It / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist / What Are The Posible Job Opportunities For A Person Who Studied Microbiology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are U Doing A Job Different From What You Studied In School? by tollyfat: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2008
I am think about a forum where people can studied a particular course (discipline ) in school found a different calling totally diffrent from what they studied in Uni./Poly.You can also make a contribution if you have a friend or relative that fall into this category

To start with myself,I studied accounting but I am now into engineering.
Re: Are U Doing A Job Different From What You Studied In School? by CHIROSE1(f): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2008
Hello dear,
It's disheartening to read such grammar from a purported graduate.
However,there's room for improvements, it all depends on your determination.
Good luck!

I really do not think that doing a different job from your course of study makes so much of a difference.
A real graduate should have high measure of adaptability to job requirements.That's the order of the day in Nigeria.
If you continue waiting to work in relation to the course you studied, you may still be an applicant while your mates are about retiring.

Personally, I have B.Sc (Applied Chemistry) and M.Sc (Analytical Chemistry) but here I am,doing a marketing job.
Visit the banks, same story, so what are we talking about?. That's Naija for you.
The bottomline is, if you're so much in love with your discipline "don't lose focus" . It doesn't matter how you started,what matter is the endpoint. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are U Doing A Job Different From What You Studied In School? by ekorick(m): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2008
so much premium is placed on the paper called certificate/course of study in Nigeria, a graduate should be well trained to fit into any job category after graduation; apart from maybe professional jobs like flying a plane or surgery.

(1) (Reply)

Internal Audit Job In A Bank / First Degree Criminal And Fraudster Among Us Bankers / Reddington Hospital Interviews For It Manager Outcome!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.