Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879660 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by POTENTIALMe: 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hello Dr, am 33, hubby 40. We ve bn ttc for 3yrs+ now. Our last analysis show estradiol <20, Lh 6.5, fsh 5.4, amh 4.27. Also had subserous fibriod which as been laproscopically remove 4 days ago and am recovery well by God's grace. My hubby results show appearance: normal, liquefaction normal, viscosity: 2, concentration: 32, motility:5, nonmotility: 27, progression 1, total motility count 3.5×106 (volume × concept × percent motile). Dr said our best and only option is IVF due to hubby result. And will not advice any treatment for hubby result. He also advice surgery for the fibriod due the size; 10cm before we can start the ivf cycle. My questions please, do we have any other option than IVF? Also we recently purchase fertilaid supplement for for Men and women, motility boost and count, do you think is wise to take these supplements? Dr. Advice we wait 6months before starting the cycle? In short I really appreciate any advice that can improve our situation now cos am so confuse. Thanks so much for your time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2015
@ omicron Good Morning Dr. weldone you re doing a great work. please I'm feeling so down. I saw my period again so Sad and disturbed right now. I have been trying to conceive for 7months now. I never Miiss used my body. I got married a virgin. what could be the problem now.

I have already madeup my mind to visit a gyn for checkup tooday

I really want to know what the delay could be.

Any suggestion please Doctors in the house. I want this to be the last period for the next 9months. Amen.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamadsquare: 8:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Good morning doctors in the house.
Been ttc for over 2 years.
This cycle, I took parlodel from cycle day 2-21 and also clomid from cycle day 3-7 and was bedding during the fertile window. On the night of cd 20, in the night, felt an intense pulling sensation on the right side of the pelvis for about 10 minutes. On cd 21, had a very light bloody discharge that felt like beginning of AF, from night till following day, it was still not thick blood like menstrual blood, there was bloody discharge on day 22, 23 and 24 although with no blood throughout the day but with fresh red blood at night and light brown by morning. It stopped altogether on cd 25. Did a hpt on cd 26 that gave negative. Did another one this morning cd 31 and still negative. I usually do have a 28 day cycle and btw day 25 and 29, I was having leg cramps, back pain and pain on the sides of boobs. Still no AF. What could this mean doctors?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by willarrie(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2015
Good Morning Doc,Weldone.
Pls i want to know the cost of treating Varicocele and if it done here in Nigeria Plss...tnx a Bunch!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2015
mubzay:
@omicron: what can I do to increase my chances of conception? Do bd every other day. Tnk u
Specifically address detected problems in both dh and you.

Generally, healthy diet, healthy lifestyle, weight optimisation, knowledge of one's cycle, stress minimisation, and prayers. Both dh and you.

All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Perculiar:
@ omicron Good Morning Dr. weldone you re doing a great work. please I'm feeling so down. I saw my period again so Sad and disturbed right now. I have been trying to conceive for 7months now. I never Miiss used my body. I got married a virgin. what could be the problem now.

Any suggestion please Doctors in the house. I want this to be the last period for the next 9months. Amen.

@ omicron please answer me na.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:03am On Jul 20, 2015
POTENTIALMe:
Hello Dr, am 33, hubby 40. We ve bn ttc for 3yrs+ now. Our last analysis show estradiol <20, Lh 6.5, fsh 5.4, amh 4.27. Also had subserous fibriod which as been laproscopically remove 4 days ago and am recovery well by God's grace. My hubby results show appearance: normal, liquefaction normal, viscosity: 2, concentration: 32, motility:5, nonmotility: 27, progression 1, total motility count 3.5×106 (volume × concept × percent motile). Dr said our best and only option is IVF due to hubby result. And will not advice any treatment for hubby result. He also advice surgery for the fibriod due the size; 10cm before we can start the ivf cycle. My questions please, do we have any other option than IVF? Also we recently purchase fertilaid supplement for for Men and women, motility boost and count, do you think is wise to take these supplements? Dr. Advice we wait 6months before starting the cycle? In short I really appreciate any advice that can improve our situation now cos am so confuse. Thanks so much for your time.
Hi,

Do not be confused. Be encouraged.

First, your doctor knows you better and he is in the best position to advise you.

Based on the total motile sperm count and your age, IVF is advisable especially if you can afford it.

Removing the fibroid before the IVF is also in order. After that, at least 6 months should elapse before the IVF (or otherwise any attempt at conception) to enable the uterus recover well to carry the fetus.

So your doctor's advice is in order.

IVF may be your best choice, especially if you want to be proactive and can afford it. This does not imply it is the only option, so long as there are motile sperms.

Just that from experience, and being professional, IVF advice is much in order, based on the circumstances.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2015
Perculiar:

Hi,

First, you should not be depressed or stressed up as this could complicate things.

Doctors generally do not regard an unwanted delay in conception of less than a year as infertility, but still, it helps to ask questions early enough.

First step in investigating a case of infertility is the man's semen analysis. Has dh done this? And how is it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2015
mamadsquare:
Good morning doctors in the house.
Been ttc for over 2 years.
This cycle, I took parlodel from cycle day 2-21 and also clomid from cycle day 3-7 and was bedding during the fertile window. On the night of cd 20, in the night, felt an intense pulling sensation on the right side of the pelvis for about 10 minutes. On cd 21, had a very light bloody discharge that felt like beginning of AF, from night till following day, it was still not thick blood like menstrual blood, there was bloody discharge on day 22, 23 and 24 although with no blood throughout the day but with fresh red blood at night and light brown by morning. It stopped altogether on cd 25. Did a hpt on cd 26 that gave negative. Did another one this morning cd 31 and still negative. I usually do have a 28 day cycle and btw day 25 and 29, I was having leg cramps, back pain and pain on the sides of boobs. Still no AF. What could this mean doctors?
Your history is not very clear to me.

You hinted you started menstruation on 'cd' 21 thru 25.

Mesntruation marks the start of another cycle, meaning your last cycle lasted 20 days?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2015
willarrie:
Good Morning Doc,Weldone.
Pls i want to know the cost of treating Varicocele and if it done here in Nigeria Plss...tnx a Bunch!
Hi,

Varicocele is commonly and effectively treated in Nigeria by Nigerian doctors. Surgery is the mainstay of its treatment.

Any tertiary hospital (public or private), or any hospital that has a General Surgeon or a Urologist can handle it.

The cost varies widely depending on whether private or public, location and target clients.

It is not a very major surgery. The average cost may not be up to six figures. I do not know a precise amount.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamadsquare: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2015
omicron:
Your history is not very clear to me.

You hinted you started menstruation on 'cd' 21 thru 25.

Mesntruation marks the start of another cycle, meaning your last cycle lasted 20 days?
The flow throughout the 4days was so scanty, unlike my cycle.
the total flow was not up to one-fourth of my regular flow. It started with light reddish brown blood tinged with clear discharge on the first day, just stained my underwear, from night of that day through the following morning just a spot, then on the second day a few drops, same for third day, no flow during the day on the fourth day but at night it came as light reddish blood and it went from that to just brown discharge on the morning of fifth day and that was all.
All along, I was thinking maybe implantation bleeding.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
mamadsquare:

the total flow was not up to one-fourth of my regular flow. It started with light reddish brown blood tinged with clear discharge on the first day, just stained my underwear, from night of that day through the following morning just a spot, then on the second day a few drops, same for third day, no flow during the day on the fourth day but at night it came as light reddish blood and it went from that to just brown discharge on the morning of fifth day and that was all.
Well, not likely it was implantation bleeding.

For now, consider the bleeding the start of a new cycle, and watch again.

All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamadsquare: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
omicron:
Well, not likely it was implantation bleeding.

For now, consider the bleeding the start of a new cycle, and watch again.

All the best.
Alright, thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
omicron:
Hi,

First, you should not be depressed or stressed up as this could complicate things.

Doctors generally do not regard an unwanted delay in conception of less than a year as infertility, but still, it helps to ask questions early enough.

First step in investigating a case of infertility is the man's semen analysis. Has dh done this? And how is it?

So grateful for the advice, like I said befor

e we just want to book our first hospital visit.

I will like to know if I can try clomid 50Mg to help my eggs. as a first aid treatment. Since today is my CD2 will like to start something fast.

God bless you Sir, pls respond.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tsodjete: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Perculiar:

Amen
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Perculiar:

So grateful for the advice, like I said befor

e we just want to book our first hospital visit.

I will like to know if I can try clomid 50Mg to help my eggs. as a first aid treatment. Since today is my CD2 will like to start something fast.

God bless you Sir, pls respond.
No, not advised for now.

Wait till after the visit so you can know exactly what the matter is, if any.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ideal1baby(f): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good day Dr. My ultrasound reading. ..endometrial plate showed thin echo appearance. And also no obvious follicle..pls wat does it mean..I be been trying to conceive
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good day doc, pls dis is d second cycle am experiencing this. At d end of my menstrual flow I always feel a cramp like pain again. I intend to go for scan soon bt I want to know if you have an idea what could be d problem. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mastech1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good day doc, my wife case is similar to that of perculiar , we got married last december till now no pregnancy n I disflower her myself which shows there is no means of using any preventive method prior to our wedding. we do notice sperm flow back after intercourse but my doctor said that is not a problem as small quantity is required for fertilisation and since we got married her period is not regular (28,18,18,31,28,18,18,29,18) in that order. We were once advised to have sex during her period but we can't do that cos is not allowed in my religion n culture n I don't know if this medically right or wrong(infectious wise). Please what do u think we can do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Perculiar: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
omicron:
No, not advised for now.

Wait till after the visit so you can know exactly what the matter is, if any.

we are back from the clinic the Consultant refused to treat me of anything. he insisted that I should go and relax that he can only attend to me if is one year and nothing happen.
But the Med. Officer in the hospital told me certain test I can run for a start if I insist.
@ omicron May God bless you and replenish you. you shall lack nothing in life. Helpers will always surround you.

I have decided to relax for next two month and trust God only. I must testify by next month. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
ideal1baby:
Good day Dr. My ultrasound reading. ..endometrial plate showed thin echo appearance. And also no obvious follicle..pls wat does it mean..I be been trying to conceive
The endometrial plate is the appearance of the lining of the womb on ultrasound. It can be thick or thin, depending on the time of the cycle.

Follicles are developing eggs. Sometimes you see them, sometimes you do not, depending on the time of the cycle and other variables.

Your scan will be interpreted correctly when one knows the cycle day when it was taken, as well as your cycle length.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:42am On Jul 21, 2015
rainyday:
Good day doc, pls dis is d second cycle am experiencing this. At d end of my menstrual flow I always feel a cramp like pain again. I intend to go for scan soon bt I want to know if you have an idea what could be d problem. Thanks
Hi,

How long did each of the two cycles last?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:54am On Jul 21, 2015
mastech1:
Good day doc, my wife case is similar to that of perculiar , we got married last december till now no pregnancy n I disflower her myself which shows there is no means of using any preventive method prior to our wedding. we do notice sperm flow back after intercourse but my doctor said that is not a problem as small quantity is required for fertilisation and since we got married her period is not regular (28,18,18,31,28,18,18,29,18) in that order. We were once advised to have sex during her period but we can't do that cos is not allowed in my religion n culture n I don't know if this medically right or wrong(infectious wise). Please what do u think we can do.
Hi,

Like her own case, you need to have regular (at least on 3 different days of each week) unprotected, cooitus up to a year before we call it infertility. However, it helps to ask questions on time, as long as this does not translate to stress or worries.

Sperm apparently trickling down after intercourse is normal.

Medically, sex during menstruation is not forbidden. In theory, there is heightened risk of transmission of infections. But, between two uninfected couple this risk should not be there.

The reason you were told to try intercourse during her menses, I guess, is because of her irregular cycle. For example, the month when her cycle length was 18 days, her ovlation day would have been on day 4, which would have been during her period. In that case, coituss should have taken place from day 1, or the first day of mesntruation.

However, her irregular cycle lengths raise eyebrows, assuming you counted correctly. Irregular cycles are usually associated with lack of ovulation.

She may do tests (home or lab tests) to comfirm ovulation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Perculiar:

we are back from the clinic the Consultant refused to treat me of anything. he insisted that I should go and relax that he can only attend to me if is one year and nothing happen.
But the Med. Officer in the hospital told me certain test I can run for a start if I insist.
@ omicron May God bless you and replenish you. you shall lack nothing in life. Helpers will always surround you.

I have decided to relax for next two month and trust God only. I must testify by next month. Amen

Thank you. God bless you too.

Amen to all your prayers!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by DBestDoc(f): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Perculiar:

Modified.....

I just saw you got a reply already.

All the best!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AdaEkube(f): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
mamadsquare:

My dear.....wat u saw was ur menses.parlodel affects d flow at first but with time it will normalize.The same thing happened to me.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
Good day Doc, my period is 5 days late ( expected on the 15th of july) but yet to see it. This has happened before but that was some months ago and the delay was 4 days. I and hubby were doing the withdrawal method because I wanted to wait until September to start trying for a baby. I had asthmatic attack on the 4th and 11th of july, ventolin inhaler didn't do much and I found it difficult to breathe so I took franol (2 tabs) on both occasion. On the 12th of July, I noticed slight brown discharge which I put down to onset of my period but after that day it stopped. Due to the delay I am freaking out because I suspect I might be pregnant and am scared cos of the franol I took . I want to wait until the end of the month to run a preg test. Hope the franol tabs I took would not harm my baby if am pregnant?. Sorry for the long post. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mamadsquare: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
AdaEkube:

My dear.....wat u saw was ur menses.parlodel affects d flow at first but with time it will normalize.The same thing happened to me.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
omicron:
Hi,
How long did each of the two cycles last?
31 days each
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello docs. Well done on the support you've given on this thread.

I will like to know why I have this heavy feeling (like a swollen sac) on the lower left abdomen. This started last December and I usually feel this after ovulation and it stops after my period shows.

However, the swollen feeling hasn't stopped even though I've had a period and I'm in CD 10 of the new cycle. I'm wondering what could be the cause.

P.S: I used bromocriptine in December when I first experienced this and I've been using it since March this year. Could that be the cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
fearless07:
Good day Doc, my period is 5 days late ( expected on the 15th of july) but yet to see it. This has happened before but that was some months ago and the delay was 4 days. I and hubby were doing the withdrawal method because I wanted to wait until September to start trying for a baby. I had asthmatic attack on the 4th and 11th of july, ventolin inhaler didn't do much and I found it difficult to breathe so I took franol (2 tabs) on both occasion. On the 12th of July, I noticed slight brown discharge which I put down to onset of my period but after that day it stopped. Due to the delay I am freaking out because I suspect I might be pregnant and am scared cos of the franol I took . I want to wait until the end of the month to run a preg test. Hope the franol tabs I took would not harm my baby if am pregnant?. Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fearless07(f): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=fearless07 post=36157644][/quote] please, am still waiting for a response. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.