Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879836 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chii: 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hello Kathy, I cant thank you enough, God bless you.

Pls back to the herpes question, if the baby is breastfed by the infected mother, wont the baby stand a chance of being infected?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:02am On Feb 12, 2008
@ gatha
The medication that we have for reducing fibroids is called depolupron and creates an artificial state of menopause in order to starve the fibroids of the estrogen they need to grow. The down side is that after stopping the medication, it may take a while for the woman to start ovulating. The treatment can also last up to one year involving injections every three months. However, it is well established that fertility decreases in women over the age of 35. I would recommend that if the fibroids are not causing any problems, your sister try to get pregnant. If she tries for 1 year, and is unable to get pregnant, then depolupron would be a less invasive way of treating the fibroids
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:03am On Feb 12, 2008
@chii
Even Hepatitis C patients are allowed to breastfeed their children. The only exception is HIV mothers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gatha(f): 10:40am On Feb 12, 2008
Many thanks for you response doc.
But can the fibroid cause problems or delay in conception?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
@gatha
That was the old school of thought. Now we believe fibroids alone would not be a cause for infertility but may cause increased complications with a pregnancy
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sheisnice(f): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
Thanks Kathy for ur many responses- My sister did an abortion some years ago (not the normal way, it was done by receiving injection which causes her menses) since it was still very early like 1-2wks old. She did not have any complications after that as her menstration was normal and all that. But she is scared that it may cause a delay in pregnancy when she eventually gets married. Do u think there may be complications?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:50am On Feb 15, 2008
@sheisnice
I don't believe that she will have any problems with having a baby solely based on a prior abortion
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by folabim(f): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2008
Hello Doctor, please I have a nine months old son who is still breastfeeding and I just realized that I've taken in again (my mc started just a month ago since my first baby). My questions are: 1) Is it not too early to get pregnant again 2) what do I do about my breastfeeding son and please advise me on how to adjust to this new development. Thank you for being there for us.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:16am On Feb 17, 2008
@folabim
Did you take a pregnancy test? No, it isn't too early to be pregnant. You could continue breastfeeding but it takes a lot to take in enough calories to maintain your growing baby and make milk.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by folabim(f): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2008
I've not done the test but will do one ASAP; thank you anyways.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by malaika(f): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2008
::
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gentleone(f): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
hi kathy,
do u think its wrong to take something very very cold when u're pregnant?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
@malaika
When you say irregular do you mean you go months without a period or that your period comes on different days in the month?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ gentleone
Yes, you can have cold anything during pregnancy. You are Hot!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shawla: 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2008
hi ufobabe,
i dunno where ur fiend did this test, but sounds like d results came from a quack lab in Ajegunle!! cheesy

there is no such thing as BACTERIAL PARASITE, these are 2 main classes of micro-organisms, and there is no hybrid!! grin

the symptoms u listed seems she has psycho-somatic features of moderate depression,insects crawling over her body, menstrual irregularities are almost classical symptoms.

has any grave event occured in the past year or few months like d death of a loved one, loss of job, financial difiiculties, marital problems? anthing distressful
that is causing serious unhappiness in ur friends life! cry

she needs 2 be counselled and there might be need 4 her 2 see a psychiatrist/psychologist, if her GP is unavailable.

please pray 4 her and be there 2 suport her as a good friend, ok.

cheers

Shawla

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:45am On Feb 19, 2008
@shawla
while I understand that you want to help ufobabe, your information is misleading.

1 Depression will not cause the sensation of crawling insects, psychosis would.
2 Bacteria can be parasites.
3 Menstrual irregularities are only linked with depression in patients with thyroid dysfunction.

I personally stray away from giving women with problems the psychiatry coverall diagnosis. My suspicion is that her friend is unable to understand or fully relay the information given to her by her doctors

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by shawla: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2008
1 Depression will not cause the sensation of crawling insects, psychosis would.
2 Bacteria can be parasites.
3 Menstrual irregularities are only linked with depression in patients with thyroid dysfunction.

1. bi polar affective disorders can manifest with psycho-somatic symptoms such as crawling sensations, this includes depression and psychosis

2. bacteria CANNOT be parasites!!! Clostridium tetani (BACTERIA) and Plasmodium falciparum (PARASITE) are not and can neva and will neva be in the same class in the animal kingdom. they are both microbes and cause disease in their own special way.

3.this is not completely true, a throid disorder may co-exist with the depression.

the mind is a very powerful tool, if things are not goin on well in therebthe body doesn't do well either. i'm talkingt from personal experience.

anyways i leave it to ufobabe to clarify the situation, if she wants her friend 2 be helped.

cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by malaika(f): 10:47am On Feb 19, 2008
::
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by netprofit(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
hello doctor

if me and my husband have fun if he release the sperm will come out.
what is the cause doctor and i need your advise or any medicine to use to stop it
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
@netprofit

You and your husband abi na wife shocked grin? your profile says u are a male.

malaika:

Hi Kathy thanks for responding
I mean my period comes on different days every month. Take for example this cycle, I had my period on 11 January till the 14th. I expected to see something late last week at the latest but I'm still waiting and I'm not pregnant either

l no be doctor shaa, but you dont expect to see ur period on the same date or day each month. lf you tell the doctor your last cycle length, l think it would help her to answer you better.

my question.

Pls what causes mid-cycle bleeding? l have been having it for the past 2 cycles now, but didnt have it this cycle. l hv 35-37 days cycle and ovulate mostly on CD 21. l have been trying for the past 7 months, no luck so far. Any tip for me? Thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loretta(f): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
Hello Doctor, I saw my period ob the 7th and ended on the 10th. Please when is my ovulation period because I want to be pregnant.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Loreta

how many days cycle do you have?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loretta(f): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2008
I think is 28days
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by soulmatebj(f): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2008
hello Doctor, i saw my period on 7th ended 9th of this month , when is my ovulation period? my cycle is 27days. is not even following very well & dark in colour. pls help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chii: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
Doctor i know this sounds really stupid but please is it possible for someone to be ovulating and seeing one's period at the same time?

Cos someone told me that she suspects she took in when she had sex during her period.

Thanx a bunch
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2008
@loreta

lf its 28days, Cycle Day 14 it your main Ovulation day. so start "Baby Dancing" from CD 10 - 18.

l no be doctor shaa. Doctor will give u first hand info.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:25am On Feb 20, 2008
@shawla
A parasite is an living thing that benefits from a host to the detriment of the host.
Bipolar disorder is not only defined by depression hence why it is called bipolar disorder.
As for the power of the mind being the origin of all disease, this is the same argument used by physicians for removing the uterii of women is the hope of curing them, hence the term hysterectomy.
Her friend might have a genuine disorder, we just don't have enough information. To declare the woman a psychotic with bipolar disorder will NOT ease her friend's mind.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:30am On Feb 20, 2008
@ malaika
The fact that your period doesn't come the same day every month makes you like the rest of us. The body doesn't recognise the calendar. It goes by number of days. For example if a woman has a 21 day cycle which starts on the 1st of the month, she will start another cycle on the 22. 2 periods in one month!! This is not abnormal. You need to count from the first day of your menses to the first day of you next menses to determine how many days your cycle is. This will help you figure out your ovulation date
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:33am On Feb 20, 2008
@ netprofit
I would love to answer your question. I just don't understand what the question is
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:45am On Feb 20, 2008
@mypeace
There are many reasons for midcycle bleeding however the most troublesome with regards to someone trying to get pregnant is luteal phase defect where the cyst doesn't make enough progesterone to maintain the lining of the uterus. You can not discount other factors such as polyps, cervicitis which may cause postcoital bleeding
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MyPeace(f): 8:22am On Feb 20, 2008
Thank you doc for answering me.

My luteal phase has always been 16 days which is about normal. But in last 2 cycles l had midcycle bleeding it went up to 40days and l got negative Pg test. Can UTI cause it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chii: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2008
Doctor i know this sounds really stupid but please is it possible for someone to be ovulating and seeing one's period at the same time?

Cos someone told me that she suspects she took in when she had sex during her period.

Hi doc, could u please give me an answer?plsssssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.